9-09-06

flightoffear1996

Today I went to Parmount's Kings Island and had a really great time. The park was closed to the general public and only open to Gerneral Eletric Avation workers so the lines were not too long. I woke up about 8:30 or so and starting play some XBOX 360 for a little bit and we left the house about 11 and inside the park gates by 11:30 to meet up with the rest of are family that was at the park that day. The first ride was Face/Off the line was about a 25-30 minte wait and it was well worth it. Very intense and alot of postive G's. Something seemed different this ride because the ride was actually very smooth. After riding Face/Off we headed over to Drop Zone. I used to love this ride but it no longer scares me or anything but for the 45 minute wait you can't beat that. Delirium's line seemed long so we skipped that for now. Lunch time. We headed over to the IE Street Skyline and fter lunch the rest of the group took the kids too kiddie land while me and my cousin rode The Vortex. This ride it simply great I don't care what anyone says about it. It has a great first drop and some of the highest corkscrews in the world. Great ride. Next was The Beast. The line was at about the pop machines but none of the queues were open so it wasn't a long wait. I noticed that the workers now stand infront of the line so the station house doesn't get too crowded.(Not sure if this is new or not but I haven't been to the park in awhile.) I think this is a great thing to do it seems to keep the line moving alot faster and makes picking your seat alot easier I wish they would do this at all the rides. While on The Beast I noticed that the train seemed to be moving alot faster than it normally did. I thought it was just me since I didn't ride in awhile. After The Beast we ran into the group again and rode The Beast again. While I was on it I was looking too see if they had removed the breaks on the drop into the helix. Now I wasn't riding in the front or anything but I didn't feel the breaks at all so I am thinking they had removed them. Next was Flight of Fear which is always a great ride. We only had to wait about 30 minutes for the ride. After Flight of Fear we headed up to ride Adventure Express. This ride was a walk on and was pretty jeerky but a fun ride. After Adventure Express we went on Delirium. While waiting in line the line quit moving and I looked over at the ride to see what was going on and hyrodlric fluid was squirting out every where soaking 3 riders in it. So they closed off 3 seats and let the ride go on.

Overall it was a very great trip and everyone seemed to have a blast.

Kings Island Trip Number - 12

Well, for some reason, I doubt they would continue to operate the ride if it was spewing hydraulic fluid. That is usually not a good sign.

As far as The Beast station thing. When I was at the park this past Monday for Labor day, they were not doing anything special with the line. They had the normal greeter down by the pop machines but that was it. I do know that when they had walk on weekends, they would manage how many people were on the loading platform, simply because that is where the standby line and Gold pass line merged. Originally, when The Beast opened, they used to manage how many people were on the load platform, and that is the reason for the raised platform right where the line enters the station platform area.

Great to hear you had fun at GE day. I will be at the park next weekend for P&G day.

Well that definitly was a great trip report. Glad you didn't ride Tomb Raider. In my opinion i hate that ride. Rides the crotch too much.

Yeah, Adventure Express isn't the greatest ride, mostly walk ons biggrin.gif

Vortex = awesome

Face/Off = awesome

Glad you had a good trip, Kings Island really is an amusing place (hence amusement park)

The Delerium thing would have scared me.

The Beast had a seperator today because GE has their own special walk on passes that they award to certain guests but im unsure of which fashion they do that in. The promotion for that ended at 10 and they did it for the rides that had Gold Pass Speed Lane lines this year. All the magnetic trim breaks are still on The Beast and all still operate (lets not start this debate again tongue.gif ) Glad to see you had a great trip!

^Hydraulic Fluid? From what part on the ride? If you are 100% sure it was hydraulic fluid them I'm sure you can tell me how exactly a Huss Giant Frisbee operates/where that fluid is stored/where the fluid mst've come from. Then I'm also sure you can tell me how the operations staff would handle such an incident, speaking as a former employee, if a guest was sprayed wtih a substance from a ride, especially hydraulic fluid, then I'm about %99.9999981 percent sure that some one would come out to have a look, talk to those guests, or temporarily close the ride. Just opening it back up after someone was sprayed with what you claim was "hydraulic fluid" would be awful guest perception. So, lets tell the truth, not just make it up.

Yeah well said Combat. The restraints on Delirium are controlled pneumatically. Assuming there is any "hydraulic fluid" anywhere on the gondola, and I doubt there is, but am not certain - if it was spraying on guests they would shut the entire ride down.

Maybe it was someone who liked maXair better - and they decided to pee on the ride. laugh.gif

Guest kwindshawne
Yeah well said Combat. The restraints on Delirium are controlled pneumatically. Assuming there is any "hydraulic fluid" anywhere on the gondola, and I doubt there is, but am not certain - if it was spraying on guests they would shut the entire ride down.

Maybe it was someone who liked maXair better - and they decided to pee on the ride. laugh.gif

YUK!!! When I was there over labor day weekedn, someone got royally sick on Delirium-took a while to clean that up-and I was standing there eating ice cream-glad it wasn't projectile!!

laugh.gif

Half of you on this website are ***s because you think you no everything and what no which really ruins what this website has to offer. No I do not know how the hell Delirium operates but I do know what the hell hyrodlic fluid looks like and that was what was coming out the ride you weren't there at the park so how would you know what was going on. So if you don't know and you weren't there you need to keep your mouth shut and quit acting like everyone else is wrong but you.

I am 100% that it was hyroldic fluid.  100%.  However the line was not moving for a long while about 20 minutes before I looked over so alot could have been happening in that time period.

Watson, you are not the one to cast the first stone and claim others dont know s asterik asterik t. First off, how do you know what hydraulic fluid looks like? Secondly, what type of hydraulic fluid does Delirium use? Third, where on the ride would hydraulic fluid be sprouting from?

Lets get some answers here:

Number 1: You may know what hydraulic fluid looks like, but i bet you arent able to tell it right off The Bat when you see it considering you've never worked a ride, never performed maintenace on a ride, or know anything baout how the Huss giant top spin is engineered.

Number 2: You dont know how/if/or what type of hydraulic fluid is used on Delirium, or where it is used on Delirium if at all depending on the parts, conditions, and status of the ride. Why dont you tell me how the operations team normally operates the ride and tell me what hydraulic fluid does to human skin.

Number 3: Why dont you elaborate instead of treading yourself deeper into this water known as your exagerated truth and tell us where the hydraulic fluid is on Delirium, how it gets there, what type of system moves it through the ride etc.

Ladies and gentlemen of the forums, both the Klockster and I are former seasoned veteran employees of Paramount's Kings Island. We can answer the questions i just poised of Flight of Fear 1996 and have a decent understanding of how most of the rides work, not a perfect knowledge but a decent one at least, and one that is much better then flightoffear1996, an average guest known for his illegal on ride photography and flaming posts does. Read these posts with knowledge and remember not everything is truth, if it was really hydraulic fluid or some dangerous fluid or something as bad as mr. watson has made it out to be, the parks wonderful and professional operations team would've handled it in the appropriate maner and you can bank on it. For all Flight of Fear 1996 knows, it could've just been someone getting sick to a bird using the restroom in a bad place to a stain from some food the guests had earlier. The delay could've been caused by a disabled guest boarding the ride or the retrieveing of a lost article, perhaps even a few height checks. The state comes out to assure the employees know how to hand situations and are properly trained. I'm sure everything was fine.