Article on Vic Nolting, President of Coney Island

I stumbled across this article on Vic Nolting, who has been President of Coney Island since 1984. I did not know that he had previously worked at Kings Island as well as Kings Dominion alongside Dennis Spiegel, who now owns his own firm. It is definantely an interesting article and I learned some things that I didn`t know about Coney. The article was published in April of this year in FunWorld Magazine, the magazine published by IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions). Vic is currently on the IAAPA board of directors.

I have personally met Vic with my work at Coney as a ride operator. It is not uncommon for him to be seen walking around the park carrying a pan and broom sweeping up trash. He truly cares about the park guests. On a day when we were short staffed this year, he was even running the Frog Hopper.

Hometown Visionary

Vic is one of a kind and a class act.

Kings Island has spawned a great many of the people in the industry. From a waterpark across the street to a coaster company that was in West Chester, to International Theme Park Services, to some in Six Flags in upper management, there are many (even at Disney) who trace their amusement park/theme park origins to Kings Island.