November

Jasper

Well, up until around 2000, the park would always close after the last weekend in October. We just got spoiled the last couple of years with them closing in the first weekend in November.

And, no the FearFest stuff is not crap. It has become a widely popular event at the park.

Why would the park not open in April next year? Yes, Cedar Point opens in May, but they are also several hundred miles north and thus they remain colder longer up there. Granted, we have become spoiled with the operating season. Back in the days of Coney Island, the season would begin on Memorial Day weekend, and close at the end of the day on Labor Day.

Oh I know its not crap - alot of people like it. I leave the park when the Fearfest stuff starts.

Like back when I worked there - on nights I had to work, and take a lunch break during my closing shift - I would pack a lunch and eat it in the train storage shed instead of having to walk to the employee cafeteria and deal with the Fearfest stuff.

For your enjoyment Holiday World is open through October the 8th 2006.I was at Kings Island on the last day In November and it was very busy. You can bet heavily that if Kings Island was not getting the attendance in October then they would be shut down for the season too.

That last day is really a last ditch effort to get rid of merchandise and make any last money they can. But it is still nice to have that "finale" to the year. I'll live. I mean I haven't even been on any rides at Kings Island for like a month and a half - since every time I go up the lines are insane. Lately I have been having alot of fun taking photos with my super duper SLR camera. One guest even asked me why I was taking pics and not riding - and she couldn't comprehend that Ive been up there so much riding the rides is like second nature. laugh.gif

I've only used my Gold Pass 13 times this year - so hopefully I will get some more use out of it in October. But I still plan on cutting out before FearFest starts - and will most likely go up on Sundays - as it is Nick or Treat (be very careful in the pronunciation of that!).

I dont do any thing that starts with Forbidden,Creepy,Scary,Haunted,Fear in the name so like you klockster I dont really attend fearfest it isnt my cup of tea I went last year I had fun but I quickly became bored with FearFest so I left sorta early.I was really hoping that the park would be open in NOV so I could attend the park one last time without attending FearFest I wanted to ride The Beast,SDATHC,Avatar,Racer etc.And buy some Scooby-Doo Merch and Spongebob Merch for my nephew any merch really.. I guess I wont be going to the park until May 2007.

So you dont do Flight of Fear?

Actually, Im not one for haunted houses. I will go just to experience it, but I dont get everything that everyone else gets out of it. I just dont like that much anxiety in one sitting.

I so totally agree with ya tom I dont do haunted houses I dont get why FearFest is so popular I've been to a lot of em and still dont understand why people go they arent anything great its same old same old to me.

I like the friendlier side of Halloween not all that hollywood gore crap.

I hope that the park is open in November I'd too like to ride The Beast one last time before the weather gets freezing.

Well experience some of the other attractions. They are really quite enjoyable.

Also you do not know cold until you got out on the Cedar Point Penninsula in January or February. I was out on a 2 construction tours while they were building Millie and with the wind coming off the frozen lake it was so cold. Thank goodness they drive us back to the site because we would have never made it walking. Coldest I have ever been. Because of the cold is why Cedar Point closes earlier and opens latter than KI. Go to Halloweekends near the end of October and you will freeze if the temperature at night gets in the 50's because of the lake wind.

Well experience some of the other attractions. They are really quite enjoyable.

Also you do not know cold until you got out on the Cedar Point Penninsula in January or February. I was out on a 2 construction tours while they were building Millie and with the wind coming off the frozen lake it was so cold. Thank goodness they drive us back to the site because we would have never made it walking. Coldest I have ever been. Because of the cold is why Cedar Point closes earlier and opens latter than KI. Go to Halloweekends near the end of October and you will freeze if the temperature at night gets in the 50's because of the lake wind.

Interesting. Please explain to me why Six Flags in New Jersey opens far earlier in the spring thand does Kings Island! smile.gif

Heck, the place even stays open later a couple of hours later on late season Sundays! And it is a lot further north, and colder, than Kings Island is. . .

People, if you don't want to do Fear Fest and you want to visit your beloved Kings Island in the autumn, there is a very simple solution. It's called Sundays. The park is open, starting this Sunday. And there is no Fear Fest on ANY Sunday.

Problem solved.

Say thank you.

Or not.

Isnt that for Nick or Treat? Nah I rather wait and see if the park is open in November.

The park is otherwise in normal operation on those Sundays. You decide.

With all that is to be done this off-season, I would NOT bet the farm that the park will be open in November. Note that this year on the Monday after the last Sunday in October, the calendar on the PKI website now reads: Closed for the season.

I suspect it means what it says.