Dollywood Ticket Prices

Look at what Dolly is adding to Dollywood

Mystery Mine aka Addams Family Shriek House

ThunderHead ( which I hear is awsome)

She's gotta pay those bad boys off!

Dollywood is so pretty the mountains in the background I havent been to Dollywood lately because of the HIGH prices.

$45 may seem a lot with just a few coasters, but keep in mind that Dollywood is much more than just its roller coasters and rides. It's also known for its shows and live entertainment, shopping, and arts & crafts. From all the photos I've seen, and what I've heard, it's a beautiful park with good theming. They may put in coasters and thrill rides for the younger guests and other thrill-seekers, but don't expect it to be the next Cedar Point anytime soon. Being co-owned by Dolly Parton, it's probably a better place to go for a family that has different tastes.

On similar note, Busch Gardens in Williamsburg may want $50 for a one-day ticket. That may seem expensive for four coasters. But to me, it's four excellent coasters by Arrow and B&M, great live shows, great food, wonderful scenery and theming, and all around attention to detail that I can't get at most other places. If I'm in the region for one day that year, I'll happily shell out the $50 - especially next year!

BUT check out the season pass price: $75. The same price for a 2007 Kings Island pass - and Dollywood has better shopping, live entertainment, and a higher ranked wood coaster (#1 yet again)!

Dollywood and Busch Gardens are well worth the cost of admission.

I completely agree.

Both parks have great customer relations, beautiful scenery, great rides (even if it is a small amount), fantastic food (although a bit pricy- but IMO still worth the cost) and numeros other pluses.

Some people need to understand that with most parks the revenue from admission goes to other things besides rides.

Dollywoods our home park.We buy a season pass every yr and love the park.It offers so much more than just thrills.The park setting is absolutey beautiful,the food is fantastic(the variety just kills KI's food offerings).............and yes THUNDERHEAD is the best wood coaster...........Beast used to be at the top of my list till I rode this little gem..

I prefer bigger parks with more rides. I haven't been to Dollywood in years and I was checking out the website and I was shocked when I saw the prices. I don't know if I would pay this price for 4 rides. Busch is justifiable. They have excellent coasters and great shows. Thunderhead might be #1 but I feel The Voyage is a far better coaster then Thunderhead. What is so special about Thunderhead? What records has it broken? What does it do special? It looks to me just like a normal twister coaster nothing special - ordinary/plain. I just visited 2 small parks this summer and the average price for their admission was $25-$30 for 4 coasters.

I don't believe its the size of the park or how many coasters there are, it is the family memories that count. Animal Kingdom only has two coasters, Epcot zero

Magic Kingdom 3 and MGM only has 1. I paid a grand for 3 kids and myself. If its all about cash Maybe you should visit Gueaga Lake? They have great coasters so I have heard! Just a thought.

Thunderhead might be #1 but I feel The Voyage is a far better coaster then Thunderhead. What is so special about Thunderhead? What records has it broken?

How can you have an opinion about a coaster that you have never been on, at a park you have not been to in years?

And what records did Voyage break. It has claimed zero #1 world records (I'm sorry, claiming to have the most "airtime" is not a world record). But a ride does not have to break records to be a great ride. Both Thunderhead & Voyage have proven that.

But it seems as if Cedar Point and the Six Flags parks, up to this point, were trying to "remind" people that in order to have a great ride, it needed to push the limit, break some records and be an all-out white-knuckle thrill ride. Hence the sheer amount of Beemers and Intamins sprouting out of the ground in the last six years (Millenium Force, Wicked Twister, any Goliath ride, Tatsu, Deja Vu, Scream!, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka, etc). dry.gif

Lets see.

ThunderHead -> Awesome

Tenesse Tornado -> Smooth Arrow MultiLooper

Blazing Furry -> Very unique and fun attraction

Mountain Sidewinder -> Nothing else like it in the world. Simply Amazing

DareDevil Falls -> Tremendous next gen log flume

MysterMine -> Looks simply amazing

The shows are first class. The only place that ever equalled the shows at DollyWood was OpryLand. I honestly beleive the talent at DollyWood is better than Disney.

The shoping is amazing. Anything you could want and very unique gifts, plus you have craftsmen valley. Where else can you see a blacksmith, glass blower, wagon maker and candle maker in one place?

The food is first class as well. Anything from a sit down home style meal to their excelent funnel cakes with fresh strawberries and whipped topping. Next time at DW you must get one of these.

DW is worth ever penny, dont forget the scenery is amazing and theres a pretty nice water park next door.

The shows are first class. The only place that ever equalled the shows at DollyWood was OpryLand. I honestly beleive the talent at DollyWood is better than Disney.

The shoping is amazing. Anything you could want and very unique gifts, plus you have craftsmen valley. Where else can you see a blacksmith, glass blower, wagon maker and candle maker in one place?

DW is worth ever penny, dont forget the scenery is amazing and theres a pretty nice water park next door.

I completly agree.

I've never been fond of Disney's in park entertainment. Now the shows at the resorts are usually pretty good but everything in the park (or for the most part) is canned and lip synched.

Dollywood reminds us of what entertainment at a park can be like.

But simply put, I don't think any park can ever touch the quality of entertainment that Opryland had.

Dollywood is one of the finest parks in the country and yea thunderhead is everything they say it is AMAZING! Their food was some of the best ive ever had and the park was beutiful and had wonderful attention to detail. Right up ther with IOA in my opinion. Oh and there prices are great to on the food. Of coarse i didnt spend a dime to get in to the park so that could have influenced my opinion laugh.gif

Woofer

Here is crossing your fingers that Gaylord Entertainment is bringing back OpryLand. Afterall why else would the have purchased a 100 plus acres next to the resort and also trademarked the names OpryLand and OpryLand USA. Can only hope Opryland is rebuilt in its former glory. Would love to ride Chaos or the Wabash Cannonball again.

The destruction of the park and creation of OpryMills was the worst and most sickening thing I have ever witnesed. Especially seeing as the fake rocks for Grizzly Rapids are still there, almost some kind of sick monument.

Of all the parks I have been to, I would have to say that Dollywood AND Silver Dollar City, both managed by the same company, are among the finest at ANY price. The shows are Broadway quality. The Christmas show is intricate, well produced and inspirational. The rides, as has been mentioned, are world class. The attention to detail throughout the park is both consistent and thorough.

Dollywood is simply in a class by itself. So much so, no year is complete if I am not there at least a couple of times!