SOB to reopen

Vortex

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SoB will reopen in Late Spring 2007 even if they did say that they woudnt have it on there website most newscasts dont if it is then it must be buried with other top stories

CF may not want it to be huge news if SoB is to be operating in '07. With all the deserved & undeserved bad press the ride has received over the past 6 years, quietly opening it would be the best GR direction to go.

There is already a general negative feeling about the ride, and if one more thing would go wrong, even a minor incident, could seal the ride's fate. The quiet approach, for now is the best way to go. After the ride starts back up w/o incident, then broadcast the good news.

Guest kwindshawne
This seems to be bothering me > If the 5 foot section broke, couldn't it happen to other parts of the ride at any given time??

Well that's what the engineering analysis is for.

I'm not sure I trust it either. If one section can crack, another section could as well. I have never felt the ride was right, and I doubt I will be getting on it ever again. Although, next year I'll have health insurance........

This seems to be bothering me > If the 5 foot section broke, couldn't it happen to other parts of the ride at any given time??

Well that's what the engineering analysis is for.

I'm not sure I trust it either. If one section can crack, another section could as well. I have never felt the ride was right, and I doubt I will be getting on it ever again. Although, next year I'll have health insurance........

LOL

What an Advertisement.

Son of Beast......Make Sure Your Health Insurance is Current.

But honestly, ya probably don't need to worry about the meds as Cedar Fair would end up paying the medical bills and then some.

SoB will reopen in Late Spring 2007 even if they did say that they woudnt have it on there website most newscasts dont if it is then it must be buried with other top stories

CF may not want it to be huge news if SoB is to be operating in '07. With all the deserved & undeserved bad press the ride has received over the past 6 years, quietly opening it would be the best GR direction to go.

There is already a general negative feeling about the ride, and if one more thing would go wrong, even a minor incident, could seal the ride's fate. The quiet approach, for now is the best way to go. After the ride starts back up w/o incident, then broadcast the good news.

The fact remains the media loves bad press in this case SoB.

kwindshawne, I understand what you are saying.  What I want to know is...are the state inspectors only concerned with the one section or has the whole structure being inspected to make sure no other part of the ride has that same mis-hap?

Well if you thought of checking the whole structure, I'm sure the people in charge of inspecting it did too. Anyhow, I'm still placing my bets on design flaw and not bad maintenance or bad wood, and if that's the case, the whole design would be checked....which would take awhile, hence not opening until next year.

• 1 month later...

There isn't any evidence of this on any news or theme park industry website.

My god!

Just let us all have our 5 minute dream please!

*Goes back to daydream*................*Daydream ends*

Ok I am done ok lets all wait for the PKI.com report of this like the Klockster says. <_<

Ok fine I will quit the daydream problem! :D

Incase you have a slow computer here is the link.

Pki.com