SOB to reopen

Vortex

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Good point. If for no other reason, thats a good reason to open it back up!

And one that's not all too accurate.

Did anyone really notice any increases as a result of SOB closing?

Well, every time I've been at the park since its been open, there's a line. SOMEBODY is riding it. So, those people aren't riding the other rides. Plus, you just hate to see that much of the park's resources going unused.

Well, the figure of 1/5 of the guests are in line for Son of Beast is a bit of an exaggeration. However, if the ride is open, it will pull some people from other lines. Granted, this may only equate to about ten to twenty people on normal days, which makes the difference in wait times neglible. On busier days however, it will have an impact.

But PKI is such a large park, that one ride being down has little impact on overall capacity. On a smaller scale park, like at Coney, if say the Python goes down for mechanical reasons, it will increase the lines of the surrounding attractions such as the Bobs, Slide and Dodgems. (The rides that usually have a line at Coney are the Pythoon and the Dodgems.)

Guest kwindshawne

What exactly are you talking about? Did they make some major changes on the double helix or something else with it??? :unsure:

It is going to take a lot to get me on it again...it is just not fun

Just had to pop in and confirm that we will reopen Son of Beast in 2007. The State has concluded its inspection of the ride and determined the cause to be a single event failure. Basically, that means that one single piece of wood split, causing a chain reaction of several other pieces. This happened at or just before the train went across the tracks. It would not have been detectible by our daily maintenance inspections.

With that said, there WILL be changes to the ride when you board in 2007. We will strengthen the ride in several places, providing a more comfortable experience for the guest. In addition, there will be other changes as several of the previous posters have mentioned. You know that I'll give PKIC the heads up immediately when I receive clearance to do so.

Hang tight!! We're making good progress on the ride and really taking our time to do everything right.

Happy Tuesday!!

PKImaureen

I think PKIMaureen posts should be breaking news on the PKI Central’s front page. I am so happy for Cedar Fair, Kings Island and everyone involved as to the Son of Beast misfortunes. I’m glad the investigation is over and that the park can move forward with their 2007 plans.

Hmm GCI makes sense, because thats why PKIPunk would know yet cant say anything.

Thank you Maureen for the update. Always good to know the SoB will be back next year. I missed ridding it during FearFest. The cold helps numb you for the beating :D

Seriously very excited SoB will be open next year.

Hmm GCI makes sense, because thats why PKIPunk would know yet cant say anything.

Thank you Maureen for the update. Always good to know the SoB will be back next year. I missed ridding it during FearFest. The cold helps numb you for the beating :D

Seriously very excited SoB will be open next year.

Well, not necessarily. If you work in the wood coaster industry, then you find out pretty much everything about the wood coaster industry. Don't expect GCI input on SoB right anow, it could be another wood coaster company.

Changes huh? Ten bucks says they turn the greeter into a waiver signing station. ;)

LOL

The park may need to if they're gonna reopen the ride. <G>

Not to be confused with the waver in the stations of Holiday World's coasters...

(For those who don't know, ride ops frequently wave at riders on the lift hills at Holiday World---while simultaneously watching for untoward conduct by those same riders...)

There have been major changes in SOB consistently over the past six years, each of which has been intended to improve the comfort and safety of the guests. I'm not sure what else is going on this year, but let's hope they get everything nailed down so the ride can be as enjoyable as it's supposed to be.