SOB to reopen

Vortex

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you saw a crane there this morning the crane would still be there after lunch time would it not???

What was the point of that post? The crane was there around 11:30 yesterday, that does not mean it would have been there later in the day. Cranes do go up and down....all the time. Why would they keep the crane up if they were done with the work it was needed for?

The cranes used in the original erecting of Son of Beast were built on site. I doubt that cranes large enough to deal with that loop would appear and disappear in a matter of several hours...

Well, I can vouch that indeed there was a crane up yesterday, I happened to drive by the Park around 130PM or so. Never really did think much of it. If I recall correctly too, during construction, NEITHER of the two LARGE cranes that were built were used to build the loop. I have pictures showing a much smaller crane that was used to lift the sections of track into place, much like a steel coaster. So I don't think he can be shot down completely. What an interesting off season, eh? Rumors of X-Flight, rumors of losing the Loop, interesting....

- Todd

Shman; I think most members come on here and look for new information , updates or first hand reports that they may have witnessed or heard something of interest. We all must take that information and give it proper credence as it relates with known facts or from the source. I just want to say thank-you Shman for taking the time to stop and look around for us as it has really gave us something to discuss and debate here. Some of us appreciate those who do share there knowledge and understanding of what’s going on around Kings Island and that Thank-you also goes out to everyone who tries to give insight to the workings of Kings Island.

Judging by comparisson of the pictures Im going to venture to say that the loop cannot be seen from over by Great Wolf. The loop is somewhat in a valley which makes it hard to see from most vantage points in the park and outside the park. I would imagine there would still be cranes on site or atleast they would have been on site for a week or so. I honestly dont think the loop could be removed in just 1 or 2 days.

We should know something for sure soon.

So lets say hypothetically the loop does go out, how do they slow down the ride without completely ripping out a bunch of track.

Also keep in mind the loop has never had any problems or for that matter after the loop either,(so why does the ride need to be slowed at that point?) it was before the loop (rose bowl) that had problems so what will removing the loop do to help these problems. And why couldn't they just redesign the cars since they are flawed with a rough ride not the loop.

It's fine, you all will find out soon enough, then you will all think of me when you go out of the block brakes and into something thats NOT a loop and say, "oh, well he was right all along".

Even if you are right, I doubt I'll think about you. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't know you. Besides which, a crane only indicates that work is taking place, nothing else. What that work might be, we just don't know.

One theory I heard from a supervisor at SOB one time is that the loop could be removed to get rid of the necessity of a "hybrid" train. This would allow the ride to be able to support trains similar to traditonal wooden coasters allowing for a smoother ride. However, since the track actually stays the same, the only thing that changes is the support structure, why would this idea be feasible. Once again, there has been no definite proof that the loop has been removed nor any real substantial reason presented as to why it would be removed.

^I want to but heres my dillema, I could leave right from school adn take I-75 to tylersville straight to KI then hop on I-71 back to my house but with how awful the weather and road conditions were I;m warry of having to travel through mason during the school rush and then on I-71 and I-275 during rush hour. I don't think I will have time to take them today, I would do it tommorow but I have to work.

Oh Hell then (oops! are you still in class? ) I guess I haft to come over in all that weather and traffic and do it myself then drive 1hr and 45min back to indy half asleep. I say “Never send a boy to do a mans workâ€Â.

Ok....so here we go. As much as I dont like reporting what I have seen....I feel I have to do this. I couldnt shake what I saw yesterday and figured I bet they are right, I must have been the angle I was at. SO...I went by the park today and found an angle very close to Ronny's from last year where you could clearly see the loop and here is what I saw:

IPB Image

As you can see it is very close to the same angle used in Ronny's Picture back on page 10 of this thread, using the same trees and you can see the same parking sign in the distance (I belive it was row 33?)

Sorry folks.....as much as I hate to say it, it definatly looks like the loop is down. Now this isnt to say it is completly cut from the layout, as we still havent heard the offical plans. Hopefully they are just doing some modifications to it.

How about Shman ,since you’re the only one kind enough to take the time (and considering the bad weather and traffic) go back up and take enough pictures to fill up a whole album one from each row then beat it over the heads of the nay sayers.

thats the sign in the foreground.....the one in the distance is the one i was talking about. this is the closest i could get to the angle of the other picture, i cant get a close as ronny could considering he was in the parking lot. but you should be able to see part of the loop in that angle.

I’m saying this in a joking manner and with tongue in check; after all the independent reports coming from a variety of sources and they all point to the same thing but you need a official statement; then why are you reading this forum? You can get the official announcement in the local papers if Kings Island ever gets around to it! Maybe January , February or even in March wait no in April.

And Rumor Smasher this predictions is just as good as your X-flight rumor prediction and I thought you said that was your first time ever. At least if your going to have a name like that then make a prediction or smash a rumor of something already!

Allright so I actually ended up running my errand up to the lodge today, I went all the way round the lodge and could get really close to TG but not anywhere close enough to see where the loop could potentially be. So unless you are going to actually to be going into the lodge to look don't go by the lodge cause you can't see anything. Seems as if we are so close but so far away from finding if this rumor is true or false. Sorry no pics either I didn't have a camera.