Fright by Night, Fun by Day

BoddaH1994

Paramount’s Kings Island™ Gives Guests Even More Reasons to SCREAM for Seventh-Annual FearFest™

Beginning September 30, the Midwest’s largest Halloween

event offers 13 horrifying attractions.

Kings Island, Ohio – Fog too thick to see one’s own hand. More monsters than ever before. All the terror a person can take  and all at Paramount’s Kings Island. The park gives new meaning to its annual FearFest as it expands its haunted event with more fear zones, new mazes and an entirely new terrifying entryway.

The region’s largest Halloween event is open every Friday and Saturday night from

7 p.m. to midnight, beginning Saturday, Sept. 30. FearFest features 15 horrifying attractions recommended for boos and ghouls 12 and older. This hauntingly exciting event is free and included with park admission, as well as free to season pass holders.

Shrieks of both excitement and horror will echo throughout the park - from AAAAAAAAction Zone to Coney Maul and from eerie International Street to the depths of raging Rivertown. This year’s freighting lineup includes:

NEW in 2006:

The horror begins the minute guests walk through the gates! No one is safe…..from the very beginning to the evil end of this FearFest experience! PKI associates are dying to meet each guest, and plenty of undertakers are there to witness each and every entry. Brave spirits must understand that no area is off limits to fear – from the fountain down every inch of International Street, eerie adventures and spooktacular scares await. Guests should never let their guard down – or they too could become a member of the walking dead!

Cowboy Carnage: Maze located in Rivertown – Guests are instructed to hike up their blue jeans and hang on to their hats as they enter an old, abandoned 1800’s outlaw saloon. Grisly guests from all walks of life – and death – are ready to challenge even the bravest souls to a duel. From room to room, table to table, guests are greeted by terrifying saloon patrons….hoping to spur them along forever. Every cowboy dreams of riding off into the sunset…..but can you make it that far alive??

The Worksite: Fear zone located in Coney Mall - A toxic spill turned these average construction workers into DESTRUCTION workers…..and now they’re looking for something – or someone – to tear apart.

Holiday Horror: Fear zone located in Coney Mall - “…..and we’re walking in a winter wonder nightmare!†This year, when it comes to the perfect gift, Frosty and his little friends have something horrific in mind. Deck the halls with boughs of screams. Fa la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Monster Bash: Show located in Paramount Theatre - Guests ready to rock out to the shrieks and sounds of FearFest should creep over to the positively ghastly Paramount Theatre four times each Friday and Saturday night. From coffin to coffin, the reviews are in – this is one show that will leave guests breathless and truly terrified.

Heckle and Howl: Live, interactive, improve nutcase located near Starbucks on International Street – An evil streak runs through this villain and he’s looking for his next victim! No one is safe from his disparaging barbs and demonous demeanor – can somebody stop him before it’s too late?!

FearFest Hauntcert Series: Live bands located on the International Street Bandstand - Each Saturday night, guests should expect to do the monster mash and the Transylvania twist all night long as top local ghouls take to the stage to entertain and horrify the souls at FearFest.

Back by popular demand for 2006:

The Asylum: Maze located in Coney Maul - As the sound of footsteps echo through the park, guests draw nearer to the maddening Paramount's Kings Island Asylum. Chain link and mirrors make up this challenging, institutional maze. The very sight of its rusting, iron-hinged entrance will make your stomach knot as you peer through the cracked entry portal. Don’t be surprised if you never find your way out. Fear not; someone…or something is sure to find you.

Circus of Horrors: Maze located in the Enchanted Theatre - This one-of-a-kind 3-D nightmare brings the circus to town. However, after looking through the dusty glass window of the ticket booth, it becomes obvious that this is not a run-of-the-mill Big Top. A house of mirrors challenges each guest’s sense of direction, while 3-D images test their sense of reality. Only the most determined will make it out alive.

CornSTALKERS: Fear zone located near the Floral Clock - Countless scarecrows rule the overgrown ruins of the formerly vibrant Rivertown. Built by farmhands to ward off would-be trespassers, these guardians of rubble take their jobs very seriously. Could intruders make these evil scarecrows come to life? Surely not………

Headless Hollow: Maze located aboard the Paramount's Kings Island/Miami Valley Railroad in Rivertown - Guests board the train and prepare for a midnight ride. However, when the trip is cut short because of a mechanical breakdown, they must walk back to the station – by way of the haunted woods. Covered bridges and foggy terrain disguise (or perhaps enhance) the evil that lurks in every direction. Beware! Beware!

Massacre Manor: Maze located in Coney Maul – The house across the street is for sale and the price was just reduced! Never mind the rumors of murder and torture - it’s priced to sell. Potential buyers make their way down the creepy corridors, entering one terrifying room after another, narrowly escaping the wrath that curses the house.

PsychoPath: Maze located in Coney Maul - Night has fallen on an old trail leading into the woods. Trudging down this darkened path overgrown with weeds and trees, guests move helplessly into the heart of darkness where they confront hideous creatures lurking in the shadows. Zombies in advanced stages of decay arise from the bowels of the earth to wander mindlessly along the trail in search of new life. Loud, frantic screams fill the air leading to a place where nightmares are born. Will you make it out alive? Or will you become part of the PsychoPath?

Superstition: 3D show located in the Action/FX Theater, Coney Maul - Walking under ladders…black cats…broken mirrors…it is just superstition, right? This Halloween, brave souls tempt fate and follow Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, as she leads a 3-D guided tour through the House of Superstition.

In addition to each of the 13 horrific haunted attractions, those looking for a different kind of thrill can test their bravery on the most terrifying rides on the planet. Most of Paramount’s Kings Island’s heart-stopping, take-your-breath-away thrill rides will be in operation throughout FearFest. (Please note that Nickelodeon Universe will close at 7 p.m. on Saturdays).

Because the evening attractions in FearFest are designed to be frightening, we ask that guests do not come in costume.

Paramount's Kings Island Hosts Family-Friendly Nick or Treat in Nickelodeon Universe This October

Kings Island, Ohioâ€â€Children and their parents are invited to celebrate the magic of Fall with Nick or Treat at Paramount's Kings Island. The kid-sized haunts and boo-rific Nickelodeon fun begins at 11 a.m. every Saturday and Sunday in October. Nick or Treat, the Midwest’s most elaborate family Halloween event, features seven awesome attractions in Nickelodeon Universe, and is free and included with park admission. On Saturdays and Sundays in October, children under 48†and adults 62+ are admitted for only $14.99 with a discount coupon found at pki.com!

Halloween Fun for 2006 Includes:

Matthew Brian Taylor’s Halloween Calypso: NEW! This festive fall show held three times daily brings little spooks to their feet with creative music, interactive songs and non-stop dancing. In between shows, join Dora and SpongeBob for exciting games, Halloween coloring, dancing and more!

The Magic of Brian Matthews Stanley: NEW! When it comes to Halloween magic, look no further than the Paramount Theatre. From start to finish, this amazing magic act will delight, amaze and entertain kids of all ages.

Bubble Blast Suds Factory: When it’s time to get clean, boos and ghouls can romp through a pit full of soap suds! The Super-Sudsinator cranks out the bubbles while each guest cranks out the fun. This is a sure hit for kids of all ages!

Funhouse Express: Located in the Action/FX Theater, Coney Maul - Meet Jimmy, would-be inventor, on this frighteningly dark interactive movie ride where a dilapidated fun house attraction turns into a test drive of “Clown Chaosâ€Â! Jimmy has his own idea about thrills…will you survive them?

The Great Pumpkin: This magical pumpkin actually talks back to those happy haunters who are ready for some Halloween magic!

Pumpkin Patch Express: Located on the Paramount's Kings Island/Miami Valley Railroad in Rivertown - All aboard! Families with little goblins are invited to take a ride on the most exciting Halloween train in the land. As the train winds through the woods, a series of whimsical Halloween scenes offer a look inside the spooktacular world of witches and goblins. Last stop….a pumpkin patch where the perfect little pumpkin is waiting to be chosen.

Pumpkin Painting Station: After a ride on the Pumpkin Patch Express, the smallest of spirits are invited to sit down and personalize their pumpkins with markers and paints.

Trick or Treat: Children don’t have to wait until October 31 to don a costume and beg for candy – every Saturday and Sunday is a great day for Nick-or-Treating at Paramount's Kings Island! Nickelodeon characters help costumed boos and ghouls search for treats throughout the award-winning kids’ area, Nickelodeon Universe, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Children 12 and younger are encouraged to wear a costume, grab a bag and celebrate fall the way it was meant to be celebrated…..with lots of Halloween excitement.

Wizard’s World of Wonder: This wacky attraction delights even the smallest ghosts and goblins with a variety of fun house tricks. From wacky mirrors and crystal balls to wizard hats and moving walls, the Wizard’s World of Wonder leaves visitors guessing!

Please note that adults are not permitted to wear costumes inside the park. For the safety and security of all guests, toy weapons should be left at home or in the car.

Most of Paramount’s Kings Island’s rides will be in operation throughout Nick-or-Treat. Nickelodeon Universe will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

For more information about Paramount's Kings Island, guests should call the park at (513) 754-5700 or toll free at (800) 288-0808 or visit the park's web site at www.pki.com.

Tickets on Sale Now – Save BIG When Buying in Advance!

Friday night advanced-sale FearFest tickets are available online at pki.com for only $19.99.

Saturday and Sunday advanced-sale adult tickets can be purchased for $29.99 at pki.com, as well as all Kroger, Meijer and Speedway locations.

Saturday and Sunday advanced-sale junior (under 48â€Â) and senior (62+) tickets are available online at pki.com for $14.99.

Don’t miss the chance to purchase a 2007 season pass at the lowest price of the season. Buy now and get free FearFest and Nick or Treat admission this year. Season passes are on sale now online at pki.com or by calling 1-800-288-0808.

Fall Hours of Operation

September 30 (FearFest only) 10 a.m. – midnight

Oct. 1 and Oct. 8 (Nick or Treat only) 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.

October 7 (FearFest and Nick or Treat) 10 a.m. – midnight

October Fridays (FearFest only) 7 p.m. – midnight

October Saturdays (Oct. 14, 21, 28) 11 a.m. – midnight

(FearFest and Nick or Treat)

October Sundays (Oct. 15, 22, 29) 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

(Nick or Treat only)

Cedar Fair, L.P. (NYSE: “FUNâ€Â) is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio. The Partnership, which owns and operates twelve amusement parks, five outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and six hotels, is one of the largest regional amusement park operators in the world. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, Toronto, North Carolina, Virginia / District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri and Michigan.

I remember like the first year they did fearfest and the kid version, cant remember if they called it nick or treat back then or not. I dont remember how old I was but I remember taking my little sister around the halloween events and her crying along with a bunch of other kids everywhere because the thing was so bad. I remember countless kids going to get candy from an employee handing out but the employee would tell the kids they needed some sort of map that had to be colored and you got the map when you bought a fun pack or something, I remember screaming parents, hay, and smashed pumpkins everywhere. I'm glad to see the event has turned around to be better for kids. I remember working last year in the rides department when Id watch the kids they always seemed to have a blast.

Circus of Horrors: Maze located in the Enchanted Theatre - This one-of-a-kind 3-D nightmare brings the circus to town. However, after looking through the dusty glass window of the ticket booth, it becomes obvious that this is not a run-of-the-mill Big Top. A house of mirrors challenges each guest’s sense of direction, while 3-D images test their sense of reality. Only the most determined will make it out alive.

I wonder how this will play out.

Is the Enchanted Theatre big?

So like if oyu are walking through the park in the middle of the day are the scare zones still in operation? What if like the group i am with just wants to like enjoy the par and the rides and not be scared half to death. I mean i dont mind but some people in my group do not like to be scared.

At 7 o`clock, all rides in Nick Universe will close. Also, some flats may close in Coney mall, depending on staffing, at seven pm. All the scarezones (and houses) will become active at 7pm. All the frightful fun times will go on until midnight. It also seems like they will have plenty of roaming actors on International Street after 7pm to greet all those coming for a hauntingly good time.

It definantely sounds like FearFest this year has the potential to be one of the best yet.

Aside from a layout change, the overall size of the Circus is the same as when it was inside the Festhaus.

Interesting, though, how both Work Site and Holiday Horror are both said to be in Coney Mall. I was under the assumption that Site would be back in Action Zone where the Gauntlet used to be (Sling Shot/AE midway).

The description of WorkSite makes it sound like they have morphed part of WasteLand with it. With the nuclear fall out and everything. Also I brought this up earlier, but does anyone think that props from Cedar Points no longer used Toxic Tunnel of Terror could be used for the WorkSite. There were a lot of 50 gallong drums, work trucks, and construction props in the Toxic Tunnel of Terror. Just wondering since they are close in proximity and Cedar Fair is now in control.

Sounds like fun

Interesting, though, how both Work Site and Holiday Horror are both said to be in Coney Mall. I was under the assumption that Site would be back in Action Zone where the Gauntlet used to be (Sling Shot/AE midway).

Maybe they decided that they were pretty similar and could be easily work into one scarezone. It's pretty much the same concept for both, things are ok until something goes terribly wrong, so maybe Worksite may be longer than originally planned so that it now includes some of Wasteland built in? It's possible, but I don't know.

I don't like the storyline for worksite.. it sounds to much like Wate Land.. with the name like worksite, I see it more of being a construction site gone bad, all of the workers are either dead(covered in blood.. torn apart from construction machines) others are killers with chainsaws and other power tools you'd find at a worksite.

I'm sure this one will be great, i just think so far it's a bad name choice for it.