End of Festhaus?

PhantomTheater

I doubt it. Keep in mind, that up until midway through last summer, The Festhaus was home to four large projection screens (very bad projectors too) showing QTV. I know that as far back as the fall of 2003, that they would show football games in the Festhaus. At least the projectors and televisions they have in there now are better quality than the ones they used to have in there.

Could Cedar Fair retheme it next year? Sure. But I doubt they will do that for next season, but possibly in future years.

They gotta do something with Festhaus. Is it just me or is it just so bare now and kind of creepy and dark? In the past, it was awesome when it was a place for shows and a nice respite from the heat...but now it just feels like they're straining for ways to fill empty space. Either put a show in there or change it.

^I agree woofer, you can go to a mall for free, why would you pay to go to an amusement park then get that mall feeling again, especialyl when festhaus already has somewhat of that feel to it. I would love for a sit down restaurant to come to KI. It was so nice when I went to CP and looked at the map and saw the choices I had of sit down restauraunts.

I don't see whats so wrong with a Game Day Grill. I'm not into sports, but I can see it from that perspective. Say the family wants to go to the park on Sunday - but dad wants to watch the game. This way the whole family can go to the park, and be together - and eat their meal at the restaurant, and then mom and the kids can go over to kiddie land for a while or whatever, and dad can watch some more of the game. That way everyone wins - except for the losing team in whatever sports theyre showing.

Plus right now theres nothing in the Festhaus really. Theres a pizza place and a bunch of empty tables - oh and a DDR machine. It would be cool to have some kind of restaurant there that people could talk about.

I agree with Combat - it was cool to see REAL restaurants at Cedar Point. Not some food stand like RPW or Skyline or whatever - but a place where you could sit down, relax and eat. Alien Seed from PKIC and myself ate lunch at Johnny Rockets on Cedar Point's opening day. The food was great, the service was outstanding - and it was fun to watch my favorite roller coaster ever - Raptor.

I honestly think we will see Cedar Fair upgrade the dinning options at KI. Hopefully something along the lines of the MidWay Market will go in either at FestHaus or Wings and that both get some major makeovers. Wings and Festhaus both look rundown on the inside and honestly provide very little atmosphere.

I think opening the I-Street resturant back up would be a tremendous idea. Especially if it were a full service resturant. No better place than sitting by the glass and watching the I-Street fountains while you eat a good meal and are waited on.

I guess it just depends on what kind of person you are...I would avoid a sit-down restaurant like the plague...they are not my style at all. Is is me or what, it seems like a waiter/waitress only asks you how the food is or if you need anything else when your mouth is full of food...it drives me crazy. I actually tip less if a waiter/waitress "bugs" me too much. I much prefer getting my own food and being left alone (with my family/friends) during a meal.

As a side note, I like Festhaus as is...the darkness is a nice change of pace on a hot summer day...even during Fearfest weather it seems to fit right in. As for the football games...I do not watch sports, but more power to anyone else who does.

Festhaus Suggestion:Add some German music to it, sell German food and have Octoberfest in September like some other parks have. Why close to the public/SP holders in September they could have picnics and be open to public in September. I would prefer it to be a sit down restraunt then a food court. Also I would like to I-Street restraunt looking over the falls reopened and turned into a full service/buffet restraunt again. It was a very nice place to eat when it was open before.

^Oh I would absolutely LOVE having a T.G.I. Fridays in Kings Island, however the rumor has no merit, maybe likely in future, but not next year.

Just wait and see. wink.gif

Yep, wait and see in future years, however not next year, and no acer fan boy such as , well we wont name him but he likes to run his mouth, can tell you other wise. If a major restauraunt was coming, they would be wanting to promote it already.

• 2 weeks later...

They need to keep the festhaus that is a popular gathering place in the park when it comes to indoor dining. The festhaus has been there since 1982 why change something that is fine the way it is. I like the glass mirror on the top. and the ribbons on the roof. It looks the way it did in 1992.

The Festhaus is fine as is, its too big to be a sit down restauraunt and its a nice place to come and go thats open to everyone. If it was a sit down restauraunt, only the people buying food would be allowed to sit in there and enjoy the air conditioning, with the way it is now you can go in there and dont even have to get a glass of water. I think the only thing that needs changed in it is the food selections, more options than just pizza.