Hey guys ValleyFair just announced a NEW amazing GCI! Its more like a out and back but with some cool GCI features like a Station fly by or a high speed S curve. The ride looks amazing and This is Cedar Fairs first Wooden coaster that they installed in one of there parks since Mean Streak at Cedar Point in 1991! This is great news and a great ride! I'm def going up to ValleyFair next season to ride this beast!

I like this addition to the park bc it creates a nice blend between rides. Its a smaller park but with this new coaster it just made this park Dorney size and Worlds Of Fun size! Great Addition Cedar Fair and hats off to them bc I heard a rumor that Dorney is getting a GCI in 08' and Worlds OF Fun in 09'!!

ValleyFair Brandon

Maybe CF will finally start adding more wooden coasters at their other parks....hint hint...Cedar Point. Mean Streak is ok and Blue Streak is just...eh. Anyway, CP needs a new wood coaster that is just pure fun. Maybe with the addition of Maverick, which is not a record breaker and focuses more on family fun, this could bring new hope for a woodie in the future.

Get out your Pieces of Eight album! From Valleyfair!'s website:

Fun Fact:The song “Renegade†was a 1979 hit for American rock band Styx.

I heard a good rumor this is the first of at least three GCIs for Cedar Fair parks. Dorney Park may get theirs in 2008.

^I'm pretty sure they dont need an ok from styx since its not a styx themed ride and rengade is a word in the english language. I dont think styx can copyright that or else we'd have to pay to say the word renegade, there are also many other songs and books called renegade that were around before styx's song.

This is really cool and exciting news the only down side is that in all the CF parks I've been too (excluding the newly aquired paramount parks) I've never had a good ride on one of their wooden coasters. Mean Streak is awful, Blue streak was fun but still way too rough, the vilian and raging wolf bobs are horribly maintained and rough and I hear thunderhawk at Dorney is a very uncomfortable ride. Hats off to Cedar Fair for purchasing a new woody, but no hats off to them for maintaining their other ones.

You can copy write something in a certain context. For example "Let's get ready to rumble" you can say that all you want as long as you do not use it inside of the context it was registered in. If Styx did register it as a single word phrase (which they did not it is registered as a song title) then they can not use it within the context of the song. Long story short you can use Renegade all you want (except a song title with similarities within the song).

Do you all want to hear something really cool? I will be helping Chris Grey from Great Coasters build the trains for this coaster. I have been fortunate enough to aquire a co-op at Great Coasters Intl. through much hard work. I know some of you are not going to believe me, and that's fine, but I know that starting in January, I will be in Sunbury working at Great Coasters.

^I'd tend to believe you, I know he also went to Louisville and passed through the speed engineering program, so I'd say it's very believable. Also great job on getting into a very exclusive industry.

This coaster looks pretty fun, imo. It won't be the most forceful or intense ride but it should offer a nice smooth fun ride with some floater air. My only complaint is the name Renegade. I've been using the name Renegade for years for different rides in RCT. I thought it was a good original name and now that it's the name of a real coaster it doesn't have the originality any more. Oh well, like I said this looks like a great coaster.

PKI Punk, that is good news for you. Have you been in this kind of biz long or is this your first job? Good luck. Consider yourself fortunate to be working in that field as I can imagine that there are not that many jobs available in what you do.

CoastersNsich, I hope you are right in that CF may finally be installing more wood coasters throughout their chain. I think that they have come to realize that record breakers do not always equal a great coaster. Maverick is a good example of this.

Congrats on the co-op

I expect reports from the inside

MeanStreak is rough, but it is still smoother than its big brother Texas Giant

I find Blue Streak to be quite a fun and airtime filled ride. Cant complain with the roughness of a coaster that old.

Villian and Wolf Bobs aren't CedarFairs fault for their roughness. They are just stuck trying to fix it. To be honest I have never thought the WolfBobs were that rough, Villian yes. Honestly think it has something to do with the steel structure.

Shivering Timbers is a great ride and pretty smooth for style of the ride.

Overall I think CF does a good job with maintence, but we will see what they can do with SoB. Hey maybe they will lessen the trims on Beast during the brake shed. Love it when they have those on light.

I find Blue Streak to be quite a fun and airtime filled ride. Cant complain with the roughness of a coaster that old.***

Ouch! 1964 is not that old. This writer is older than that...and pretty smooth (at least sometimes). The Comet at The Great Escape is smooth as glass. The Cannonball, of the same vintage as Blue Streak, at Lake Winnie is as well.

It's all in how a coaster is built and maintained. At least until the past few years, Paramount Parks always did a fantastic job of wood coaster maintenance.

I honestly wonder if Cedar Fair is willing or even able to pour the many bucks into Son of Beast that Paramount Parks did year after year to keep it running. . .

...especially compared to The Rebel Yell, which is actually newer than Racer/recaR. And the two Hurlers are now notoriously rough...though the South Carolina one is better than it has been for quite some time.

As for Fairly Odd Coaster, its flanged wheels contribute to its smoothness. I'd love to see an adult coaster with that rolling stock, upsized to actually fit persons of normal size, of course.

Thanks a lot PKIBeast. I agree, hopefully a long road in the coaster industry awaits.

On a side note, I would like to say something motivating to everyone on here. A few years ago, I was searching on some coaster sites and forums and came across something (either on coasterbuzz or some other site *not this one) that mentioned jobs in the industry and people going to school to get in. There were a few posts that mentioned it being impossible to get in the industry and that hope should be given up if you are in school with the intentions of getting in. Well I would like to be the first to say that it is very much possible; hard, but possible. It requires hard work, dedication, and contacts in the industry. Now if you are following this path, don't for one second think it will be easy (believe me, it is not). But if you keep at it and stay motivated, things will work out. Don't expect to work in the industry right away. I mean for my first co-op, I worked at a distillery in Frankfort. But just remember to keep at it. No matter what you want to do in life, you can accomplish it with hard work and determination. Just remember that from living proof.