What else do you think needs refurbished at PKI?

adam47303

Adventure Express

Racer recaR needs paint....(heaven forbid they strip it like PP did Thunder Road at PCWi)

Tomb Raider needs the theming fixed or removed

IJST...speakers need fixing yesterday....or the ride needs unthemed AND moved...

The Tiques need reinstalling....

The walkways need thorough review and the holes filled in before someone falls in one and is lost the entire winter season!

The parking lot desperately needs attention...from lighting to surfacing to guides to show guests where to park (like Cedar Point does)

That's enough from me for now....

"All this and more!"*

How about repainting Racer to the original red-white-blue color scheme, and even returning the south side to forward operation? Why not re-stain The Beast, especially the wood that gets replaced?

TAER down Tomb Raider.

Relocate Stunt Track, maybe even to another CF park.

Replace walkways with concrete or even NatureStone.

Replace the flooring and walls in the restrooms, new toilet partitions, sinks and Xcelerator dryers as well.

Add some sort of flying scooters.

More trashcans I'm sure are on the way. Also, bring back the old 1972-92 logo!

*borrowed from 2005 Ohio State Fair

You know, a little bit BETTER landscaping would do wonders for the entire park. I live in Toledo and we have a suburb called Maumee. Toledo does well with the landscaping, but once you cross into Maumee, YOU KNOW IT because it's so much nicer.

I think it would even make me forget that The Racer used to look good - 3 colors and shiny!

What needs refurbished?

Geesh heres a list that could take awhile.

Overall the park as a whole needs painted, cleaned, and just general maintence. Everything from the effects on IJ:ST to Wings. The park just needs freshend up...

Landscaping, would love to see the addition of more landscaping at the park and make some of the more relaxing areas more visually appealing. Paramount Story, RiverTown, I-Street.

Racer is in need of some serious TLC, Adventure Express, can those effects please work once again, The Top Gun que and fog when it leaves the station, IJ:ST enough said, TR:TR please fix the props in the que and preshow, you get my drift I could go on and on.

The FestHaus needs to be brightend up, better dinning options inside, and pick a direction for the use of its space. Bring in some live entertainment and bring it back to its glory of old.

Can the parking lot get a little paving and paint.

Anything broken or dilapidated, fix it and restore it, dont just let it set.

The Train!

Make sure you specify what part of the Train experience thats bad. I say this because those guys kill themselves to keep the train running better than the day before, but its not there responsibility for the theaming around it.

I agree - I think hes talking about the western town (Frontier Town anyone???) that the train goes through. The train itself is in great shape - and steam train operation and maintenence really is a lost art that very few people can do these days. They do a great job.

Vortex needs its station and queuehouse totally repainted and refurbished. It looks like they started it back in June - but never finished it. Troika needs a new paint job. The rides need hinged one way exit gates at the end of all exit ramps.

Racer needs paint - at least the tunnel anyways. IJST and TRTR need to be dethemed.

I dont think they need dethemed, they just need to be maintained. Like the train the theme needs to be maintainted and kept working. This follows true with IJ:ST and TR:TR. Hopefully Cedar Fair will focus a lot of attention on keeping elements of all the themes throughout the park working.

I don't see the point of bringing back the speakers for IJ:ST. You couldn't hear them before except at the end of the ride. I don't see moving it either since it was just installed in the last couple of years. Doesn't make sense. I agree with The Vortex station and returning The Racers to their three colors. I like riding backwards so I say leave that as it is. Adventure Express needs a little care. The station could stand to be refurbished. I thought that most of the effects were working with a few exceptions? Flight of Fear needs a little work. Take down the unnecessary sign about removing earrings since it is irrelevant now.

The train ride show stopped because the train became transportation service to and from the water park. It serves better as a transportation device than a show. If it stopped like it did in days past it would take longer for the train to make a circut thus making the train route not a viable option for guests coming to and from the water park and most guests dont want to walk that distance. I know that after I spend all day at teh water park id rather take the train back than walk and Id prefer the appropriate music they play now that isnt to loud over stopping for some show that would make teh trip even longer. KECO killed the show, not Paramount, and the train is better off without it. If you want the show than it can not also do service to the water park and anohter transportation option is needed and I see absoutley no reason why they would spend the money to put in a whole new transportation system just so they can make the train some small show again. The train show is not and will not be coming back, sad to say as it is.

The train ride show stopped because the train became transportation service to and from the water park. It serves better as a transportation device than a show. If it stopped like it did in days past it would take longer for the train to make a circut thus making the train route not a viable option for guests coming to and from the water park and most guests dont want to walk that distance. I know that after I spend all day at teh water park id rather take the train back than walk and Id prefer the appropriate music they play now that isnt to loud over stopping for some show that would make teh trip even longer. KECO killed the show, not Paramount, and the train is better off without it. If you want the show than it can not also do service to the water park and anohter transportation option is needed and I see absoutley no reason why they would spend the money to put in a whole new transportation system just so they can make the train some small show again. The train show is not and will not be coming back, sad to say as it is.

The train had not stopped for years man.

WaterWorks came well after the train even stopped slowing down in the town.

I think that from the aerial photos that the parking lot looks like it is going to pot. i know it would take a while but if you could get like a hundred power washers out there then it would look like brand new.

I also think The Racer recaR needs some new paint like it was back in the old days.

Flight of Fear needs to turn the lights completely off.

Of course the mac daddy of em all..... Viking Fury needs to be re-profiled.

Coney Island/Coney Mall could sure use some fixing up that area of the park is starting to look very run down now days. How hard would it be to get those nice looking trees and flower displays back.

I think it was cool if you saw in the brady bunch where they filmed their episode if you look in coney mall the trees looked like they had that Flat Top look you know like african americans used to have in the late 1980s almost like a smoke stack look. tall flat sides, and flat tops in the coney mall area next to the arcades. maybe refurbish the fountain that used to be in the center of coney mall near The Vortex when it was the old Kings Island.

if you look in coney mall the trees looked like they had that Flat Top look you know like african americans used to have in the late 1980s almost like a smoke stack look. tall flat sides, and flat tops in the coney mall area next to the arcades

Wow... Just wow... laugh.gif

I really meant more like an abe lincoln stove pipe hat look. Until I saw the part where mike, peter and greg were at the booth where they were breaking the plates on the episode where they were at Kings Island in the fifth season of the series if you paid close enough attention to the trees in the background. You would know what I am talking about.

Things I would like see refurbished,

Racer/Rasar have a new paint job, love to see the red, white ,and blue. Or all white

Get all speakers volumes in quene lines to a lower level, not blasting LOUD.

Coney Mall in terms of area needs to be fixed up, ie fix run down areas.

Take out the flower dirt islands on the main street, so on the 34,000+ days we can sweep and change out cans with out blocking 30 people(Be there during dinner time). I've heard a rumor that they might not be there next season.

Keep the themed coasters and flat ride maintaned, ie lights, sound, solid themed objectes,

I wish this would happen, Cedar Fair being back the Antique Cars. Give them a new area and track to drive around some were around FOF area.

I heard from my manager about the park my go all air hand dryers next year, cause they don't like the cost of all that paper. Theres going to be 250 or up to 300 can's added to all areas, not sure if some would be CP style, or KI style. In that case were getting bigger cartens, the double wide and bigger ones then the ones we got now.

if you look in coney mall the trees looked like they had that Flat Top look you know like african americans used to have in the late 1980s almost like a smoke stack look. tall flat sides, and flat tops in the coney mall area next to the arcades

I really meant more like an abe lincoln stove pipe hat look. Until I saw the part where mike, peter and greg were at the booth where they were breaking the plates on the episode where they were at Kings Island in the fifth season of the series if you paid close enough attention to the trees in the background. You would know what I am talking about.

laugh.gif Yeah I know what you're talking about - but the way you put it was priceless. laugh.gif

I know!

I just spit water all over the darn monitor!

^Not to mention that he could have said flat tops like Marines or any military as opposed to pointing out black people. Or, African Americans to be PC. rolleyes.gif

Ah very true. The good old high-and-tight. laugh.gif I remember back in the day when alot of people wore those - and New Kids on the Block was the hot new band.

^Not to mention that he could have said flat tops like Marines or any military as opposed to pointing out black people. Or, African Americans to be PC. rolleyes.gif

I dont care about political correctness I read somewhere that is a form of neomarxism. I believe more about the park being refurbished than the political correctness that is a form of controlled group thinking. I noticed the flourescent tubes on the monster have been removed when I visited in july what is up with that. I am Politically incorrect and proud of it.

Things I would like see refurbished,

Racer/Rasar have a new paint job, love to see the red, white ,and blue. Or all white

Get all speakers volumes in quene lines to a lower level, not blasting LOUD.

Coney Mall in terms of area needs to be fixed up, ie fix run down areas.

Take out the flower dirt islands on the main street, so on the 34,000+ days we can sweep and change out cans with out blocking 30 people(Be there during dinner time). I've heard a rumor that they might not be there next season.

Keep the themed coasters and flat ride maintaned, ie lights, sound, solid themed objectes,

I wish this would happen, Cedar Fair being back the Antique Cars. Give them a new area and track to drive around some were around FOF area.

I heard from my manager about the park my go all air hand dryers next year, cause they don't like the cost of all that paper. Theres going to be 250 or up to 300 can's added to all areas, not sure if some would be CP style, or KI style. In that case were getting bigger cartens, the double wide and bigger ones then the ones we got now.

I like the hand dryer Idea that is what is hurting the park most is the cost of paper towels in the restrooms. I think they need refurbished too, it has been ten years since anything has been done to them.

How do you know the cost of paper towels per operating day and where did you get this information plus why dont you tell us the cost of them and how do you know that th bathrooms havent been re-furbished within the last 10 years. 10 years ago they didnt have automatic flushers or sinks, granted some are older than others, they are well maintained and have been maintained and upgraded more recently than 1996! CF is not one to boast about restrooms, GL's restrooms are terrible and CP's werent any better than KI's when I went last month.