Preview of Fearfest 2006..6..6..

BoddaH1994

Actually.....666 is Bibical bad news and not just a myth.....if you believe the bible to be true and I do.....and I do agree with some here....some of these haunts are really done in bad taste and way over the top......too much gore gets boring and silly looking after a while....not to mention some people have dealt with real life gore with love ones that they soon forget....otherwise the park looks great and looks like fun....I've been to a lot of hayrides and mazes over 46 yrs.,........and the best ones had very little or no gore or horror......but were very scary like a big rollercoaster....because of the clever thinking behind......heck my maze will be very scary when I'm done but I won't have one drop of blood or guts in it.....and I have a few props like my atv at the right place that will make you jump a mile.Anyhow again the park looks pretty good.Bozz's scarecrow maze

Ya know, then the event is really just not for you.

Look at it this way: The park has choosen to do a special event for those that enjoy it. It's not taking anything away from the normal park visitor as the park would normally be closed in years past.

So I'm not certain why there is really even a need to comment on Fearfest if you're not interested in it????

Oh you got it all wronge......read again...I did mention..." looks pretty good and fun "....I will be there and have been before.....loved the first fearfest the most.....but this one does look the best.....hope they widen the scarezones too....they need to take a page from C.P.,....scarezones should be Midway wide as C.P.s (you don't wait in line there) are and not just a tight corridor of some sort....everybody should be able to walkthrough at the same time as you do on International street......otherwise its just another maze.....hopefully they did this right this time ?!?!.......we'll see !!!

Well I consider there to be 4 midway type scarzone. Holiday Madness, the Workzone, The one by IJ and then I conider another scarezone to be right in the entrance to the park. Most of these scarezones are pretty narrow (IJ scarezone, Workzone).

Also they have people all around the park scaring you. There are people on International Street that jump out at you, and there are still the skaters in Coney Mall.

"....not to mention some people have dealt with real life gore with love ones that they soon forget.... "

If people have a problem with blood for reasons as such, a smart person wouldn't go to a haunted house, because the logical thinking of a Haunted House is involved with death.. hence there will be gore. I don't think PKI over does the gore level at all, you said you've been to many haunts, so I'm sure you know Fearfest isn't too bad in that area.

Some Haunted Houses have blood because blood scares people. Thats using "clever thinking" as well as you use it with your maze. Different strategies work, but I wouldn't say either is anymore clever than the other.

Can someone tell me where the attractions are located in the park, if they are near a ride or what area they are in. I am actually getting ready to goto HHN16 and I can't wait. They are the masters of haunted houses and scarezones. I haven't been since 2000.

I hoped that KI would have a map, but I can't find one. Also what attractions are opened?

Thanks

International Street Scarezone

Heckle and Howl - Next to Starbucks

HauntCert - Bandstand

Circus -Enchanted Theater (behind Little Bills Giggle Coaster

Cowboy Carnage - Rivertown Mining Building

Asylem - Behind Racer

Psyco Path - Behind Flight of Fear

Elviras Superstition - Action FX Theater

CornStalkers - by the big floral clock

The Worksite - by Slingshot

Headless Hollow - Train and WWC Exit

Monster Mash - Paramount Theater

Massacre Manor - by Scrambler

Creapers and Sliders - All around the park

Rides:

Beast

Delirium

Vortex

Italian Job

Drop Zone

Face Off

Top Gun

Racer

Flight of Fear

There is a special Park Map avaliable when you walk in, that is, if you arnt scared away from them.

(Forgive me if I missed one)

So they have one between Delirium Slingshot, one in the middle of Coney Mall and the one over in Rivertown. Is it possible to go anywhere in the park without having Fearfest stuff all around you? You at least used to be able to get back to Vortex by cutting through Action Zone, then walking down Coney Mall staying right up next to the games building.

Well I guess as long as one leaves before 7pm it is possible to miss the Fearfest stuff.

Maybe someone can help me, It looks as though some of the mazes are in tents or open air? I have never been to FF since i can't get the wife to go with me. I want to go this year since I have some friends from school and work that want to go.

I know that indoor mazes work best to keep the equipment working correct and offer better facilities to work with. I saw a photo of one that looked to be in a maintance shed, but the others looked like they were outside. Wouldn't it be easier to put these in some buildings to allow the best controls for the haunts.

At HHN we have the ability to use the many soundstages that are on property and have also used ride facilitys to build haunts. Kings Island dosen't have many buildings that are like that, but could use buildings such as Games buildings, FestHaus, Wings Diner, or the Theater in NU. If they wanted using Picnic shelters could be used, but I know they are almost all used for winter storage. I think if they used one of the game rooms in Coney mall or maul they could get a nice size haunt. The games could be stored in a retail location for the off season or even place them in there for the short time for use.

Do they open happy days? at HHN Mel's Drive in becomes Die in and the wait staff is like zombies.

I hope that in future years CF can use some of there buying power to get major designers to build a good set of haunts that could be on a rotation between all the parks to keep the cost down and to give everyone a new adventure each year.

Maybe someone can help me, It looks as though some of the mazes are in tents or open air?

The haunts that are outside are as follows:

Actual Attractions (Both of which use woods area)

Psyco Path

Headless Hollow

FearZones (Similar to, but not as big, as HHN Scarezones)

Holiday Horror

The Worksite

Cornstalkers

International Street

The Fearzones listed above are areas that you walk through down the midways, they are not actual "haunted houses" where you have to wait in line and walk in small groups. The areas are designed with the outdoor elements in mind and vary from the indoor attractions in some ways because of this.

Well, the waits are always shorter the first couple of weekends. By the way, when I was there on Saturday, the line for Psycho Path had reached its way all the way up to where it departs down the path right by the entrance to Flight of Fear, a long way from the actual entrance to that haunt.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope, no speed lane tickets, but the waits are alot shorter this year than last year(at least first weekend) so yuo should still be able to get through everything if you try.

I went on saturday (october 21st) and it was insanely packed... My group and I looked at the line for Headless Hollow, and there was no way that we would of stayed in that line it was wrapping all the way down to Tomb Raider!!! We got on 2 of the actual haunted houses and 1 scarezone in 3 1/2 hours (we left at 11:30 got there at 7). So if you are going to fearfest for the final weekend i would pick what you want to do before you get there, get there early, and hop in line and no wasting time playing games either you complete one go to the next. Although weather could be a factor in everything this weekend with the unbelievable temperature drops this week.

well to throw a little religion on this - first off the mark of The Beast is not any number.

In the Bible, if studied correctly, you will note that everything is writen three times to "emphasize" a point. The number 6 always refers to "human imperfection". Soo 666 merely means "human imperfection" emphasized.

Put the crosses away - no vampire will chase you other than those at Kings Island - costumed actors only not to take the fun out of it!! LOL Wait I don't remember seeing any Vampires this year?? HMMM

Please look at this as what it really is - a holiday where people dress up in costumes to scare those that have fun being scared and end it. At least it is not as fake as other holidays.

Superstition really amazes me. How people can get so worked up if there is a cat that crosses your path and just happens to be black - well heck I have had several totally black cats that ignorant neighbors killed because of foolish beliefs.

The Boogie man is not going to get you but I am still worried about that strange creature hiding under my bed that likes to steal feet and hands that happen to fall over the sides!!! Someone how he can not get through the sheets!! So as long as I have my sheets and blankets over me I am safe!!

Also fear the undertaker that is digging his graves and finding those he can catch and throw in them for his zombies that wonder around in his graveyard. Or even those strange looking creatures that tend to slide across the ground with sparks flying from under them. These creatures come out of no where and are coming for your souls to give to the Undertaker!!! The chainsaw man cuts them down if they are too big for the graves.

I think I would rather fear those creatures of the Kings Island night than silly and foolish superstition. Hey there have been a few good songs about it - we can keep them lol