Rumor: Wonderland's New Ride

peteytherocker

I was at wonderland today and there was a display for the 2007 ride!!! OMG !!!!

It just sayed at top

"The Tribe Will Speak In 2007"

Then it showed Survivor the Ride just like at great america! But a little different...it looks longer and it seems to soak the guests since water shoots out of the core of the viehcle. like a geyser! and it shows how the riders are split into four tribes.... Tambaqui, Tagi, Samburu, and Koror. Then they say

each tribe gets complementary buffs for the ride and thery get to keep them...its really a buff with the survivor: the ride logo on it....as they showed wha they looked like in a glass case.

neways i dont knopw where itll be laced but i would put it beside white water canyon and minebuster and have the enterance in between fx theatre and white water canyon....and use some of the nature around...white water canyon to their advantage....

ne ways thought u all should know

peace

I'm not calling t his guy a liar, but I'd still love to see some sources and evidence of it.

If this is true, it 's proof that Cedar Fair is going to build the attractions that Paramount Parks/CBS had planned for Canada's Wonderland - and seemingly the other 4 parks, too. However, it seems that the lack of a name, even with artwork and description, is a good sign that Viacom/CBS trademarks won't be a part of that park's future.

Unless something serious changed from what I heard, I'll believe it when I see it in some print form.

I know that you're relatively new around here but we generally don't out and out call posters liars unless they have a history of doing so.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself in the post. I also didn't mean to sound like I was calling him a liar, it was just the fact that I was actually at the Park both days around the entire Park, and there were no signs anywhere advertising a new ride.

If there was a display out they would've had a press release inviting members of the press to come see the display and get information so they could spread it through media outlets thus promoting it for the park. Since the park is also trying to sell season passes for next season I'm sure they would want to start promoting it as soon as possible and that it would have been on their website already. While its definently a possibility that something like this could happen, another survivor the ride, nothing yet has been confirmed at any of the newly aquired paramount parks, or atleast told to the public.

If this is true, it 's proof that Cedar Fair is going to build the attractions that Paramount Parks/CBS had planned for Canada's Wonderland - and seemingly the other 4 parks, too.

It's not really proof, Cedar Fair already promised to honor the 2007 capital investments, whether or not they use the trademarks is what the real question is. Since the contracts are in motion there was never really a question whether or not Cedar Fair would be building what CBS already had planned.

I'll give the topic starter credit for being clever and sounding pretty convincing. He did a good job of lying. A survivor ride is a good possibility for what teh CBS owned parks had planned however he had one little slip up that gives it all away:

each tribe gets complementary buffs for the ride and thery get to keep them...its really a buff with the survivor: the ride logo on it....as they showed wha they looked like in a glass case.

Do you really think that CBS, the company that came in this season and slashed the budgets and spending like crazy on almost everything and was putting the parks up for sale, a company that raised ticket and food prices that wanted to make their bottom line look better, was going to give anything away for free? laugh.gif I think not.

I was thinking the same thing Combat.

Another thing I was thinking about, and maybe it's just the caffeine talking right now, but it is possible that with CBS knowing they wanted to sell the parks so bad, wouldn't bother themeing the ride to a CBS/Paramount property. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't theme the ride at all, just to cut costs.

Like I said earlier this poster has a history of doing similar things. I don't know what gratification he gets from it, but anyone who has been here for several years instantly can pick out all his "new ride" annocements out as pure fiction. Here's my favorite of his

"hey all...i work at PCW and I am in the Staff Parking Lot ALL THE TIME!!! And It Is True!!!! but the track isnt for a floorless its for a b&m mega....but it isnt gonna be that big at all.....nothing likeSFGA Nitro which is like 215 feet tall ive seen some set up designs and supposively is just over 150 feet....thats why if you look towards medeval faire and you see the there taking ap[art cliffhanger "for mechanical reasons" youll know that thet is the future home of this coasters begining queue line. Ive seen designs and its only available for staff to view but wont be availabe for the public to see till late 2006 if not the early 2007....i would guess for a 2008 or2009 release!!!

Keep our fingers crossed!!!

The Name is "BORG Assimilator"

Itll be on the rcdb.com in two years.....according to my guesses of public release!!!"

Obviously it's a lie. I don't mean to be harsh but don't believe anything he says.

According to Screamscape, two parks will be getting water park upgrades, regardless of what the names and themes will be.

Kings Dominion:

2007 - Boomerang Bay - Rumor - (10/2/06) While I’m not sure if Cedar Fair will continue to use the Boomerang Bay name, it seems that some kind of transformation and upgrade to the Waterworks area has been confirmed for 2007 to passholders.

Great America:

2007 - New Wave Pool - Planning - (10/2/06) A guest to the park spotted some red survey markings on the ground for the new wave pool between the lazy river and the lagoon. A blurry photo of them can be seen at NorCalCoasters taken from the Reptar.

(9/5/06) NorCalCoasters.net has posted some information this weekend that indicates that the park has filed for permits to build a 21,560 square-foot wave pool in Boomerang Bay. Standard enough choice when Boomerang Bay currently only has a wading pool.

peteytherocker,

im not sure if there is even a new ride coming nor an atraction.

i think Cedar Fair is just tgonna improve wonderlands appearence...just so it looks like a Cedar Fair park u klnow?

I can see the same thing happen at Kings Island for next year. The park could really use some TLC in apperence. Also some new shows would be nice for a change.

This is why I like Cedar Fair much better than the POS Paramount. Paramount is always making clones which most of the time they suck except FOF. Cedar Fair never has coaster clones I believe. They have the same names sometime but never any clones. Anyway I just hope we get something exciting this year. Something thriller where you have to be at least 54 inches to get on and has a rating of 5. Extreme thrill.

This is why I like Cedar Fair much better than the POS Paramount. Paramount is always making clones which most of the time they suck except FOF. Cedar Fair never has coaster clones I believe. They have the same names sometime but never any clones. Anyway I just hope we get something exciting this year. Something thriller where you have to be at least 54 inches to get on and has a rating of 5. Extreme thrill.

Well your in for dissapointment, Cedar Fair already stated theyre going to keep going in the direction that was sucessful for Kings Island and that was marketing towards familys. This has proven to be sucessful for seasonal theme parks compared to just adding massive coasters that bring in nothing but trouble. Look at Magic Mountain, for the past 10 years they've added a new coaster about every other year and sometimes in back to back years, its done nothing for their attendance, nothing for their revenue, and now Six Flags is entertaining bids for the park. Cedar Point had attendance flops with Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, so now they're starting to gear towards rides that better suit everyone like Maverick, not the most intense ride or tallest or fastest, but a lot more people will be able to ride it or will be interested in riding it. Kinzel already stated he wants to keep Kings Island in the marketing direction it was going in. POS paramount? I think not, maybe POS CBS, but not Paramount. Paramount was far better than that crook Linder and paramount put a lot into the park. Sorry bud, but no 500 ft tall rocket coasters going 200 mph for you next year, at Cedar Point or Kings Island. Family Fun!

what i hear is that there might be some MAJOR ride name changes.

some rumoured changes include

Top Gun-Dominator or Air Thriller

Tomb Raider- The Flying Raiders

Italian Job-Mini Cooper Crash Course

so far thats all of them

why would ride names change when the paramount theming was part of the sale? I believe it was a 5 year deal between Paramount / CBS and Cedar Fair for naming and theming rights of the paramount properties.

at this point, i dont see any name changes anytime soon. it just wouldnt make sense to pay for the theming and then do away with it all.