A bit of Fear Fest disappointment

Delirium33

I went to Fear Fest opening night September 30th. While it was over all an awesome night, there were somethings that disappointed me.

If you dont want to read my whole TR, the disappointments were sleepy hollow, the two new 'fear zones', if you can call them a fear, and the main one, Phycho Path. Overall, however, I enjoyed the night.

First We went on Circus Horrors, which was better then last year. It had tons of clowns in it. We got there when it opened.

Next was Cowboy Carrnage, which was the best haunt of the night. It had tons of actors, the smell of whiskey, and was all around well done. The only thing was it was too short. Wait time 20 minute. They did a good job keeping the line moving.

Then we went on Headless Hollow, which seemed to me just like last year. There were not enough actors and had many dead spots at the beginning. The ending of it was pretty good, though. I will say, the use of fog was great. From what I heard, it seems like i was just there at a time where some actors were missing. Wait time was 40 minutes.

After that, The Beast line was too long, so we ate Larosa's then Headed through CORN STOCKERS tword Phycho Path. Corn Stockers was the only good fear zone. It did scare me a couple times, and accually had length to it.

So when we got to phycho path, the line was out by the zephyr, and Flight of Fear's line was long, so we went on

The Asylum. I did not go on it last year, but I did a couple of years ago, and I don't remember it being that good before, but this time it was good. The strobe light action makes it awesome and freaky. Wait time 30 minutes

Ok so while we were in line for the asylum, the phycho path line magicly disappeared. So after that, we decided to check it out. On our way down a million people where leaving. When we got down there, there was almost no line, but the attraction was open. The guy in charge of people going in said they just finished a continuous congo line as he called it to cut the long wait time. So in 2 minutes we got into the path.

Now for the big disappointment

Phycho Path, the best haunt of last year, was virtually not opperating, while we were in it. All the actors disappeared, and halfway through it we got stuck in a HUGE backed up line, (my guess is it was the end of the big congo line). There were actors here, but it was hard to scare us as we are standing in the middle of a big non-moving line. We slowly followed the line out, with no thrill in it whatsoever.

We were too disgusted to try it again. (the line was still just 10 minutes we guessed). We obviously came at a bad time or somthing.

Ok so after that we checked out the ther two 'fear zones' if thats what you want to call them. The worksite was a sad excuse for a haunted thing. It was ten feet long, with two actors when we walked by at 11:00. Holiday horrors was more funny then scary.

We did end the night great with one of the best rides of The Beast I have ever had. The ride was a walk-on, surprisingly, around 11:45. We decided to save massacure manor for next time.

I am returning to Fear Fest the 13th. I have faith in PKI and fear fest and hope that phycho path will be good this time, (yes Im going to give it another chance), and sleepy hollow will have more actors this time. And I hope Massacure manor will be better. It was good last year.

....The PsychoPath management team needs to be fired for what they keep attempting to do. The whole 'sending people in one big conga line' has been going on forever, and both park guests AND scareactors are getting sick of the idea. It completely ruins the experience of being lost in the woods by yourself when you have 30 people in front of and behind you.

Sure, there would be little to no waiting in line to go through the maze, but now you've jeopardized the entire experience by allowing one big conga line to stop you dead in your tracks every ten feet.

This got up to the point where they suddenly decided to allow one massive line of people go through Headless Hollow last year. As if there weren't so many things wrong with it to begin with.

....other than that, I think PsychoPath is a better attraction this year because of the amped-up acting from the scareactors. smile.gif

The PsychoPath management team needs to be fired for what they keep attempting to do. The whole 'sending people in one big conga line' has been going on forever, and both park guests AND scareactors are getting sick of the idea.

Here we go again.....

As was stated many times last year the FearFest management team has nothing to do with this. They are told by the upper management of PKI when to do this, trust me, none of the management team likes to do this any more than the actors like doing it. They know it cuts down the haunt, everyone knows that, but when the head of the department and the head of the park tell those managers what to do they are going to do it.

This was not a permenant change like it was last year. As the reports have said the Conga Line was in effect for maybe 15 mins to cut down the 2 hour line that stretched all the way to the Zepher. Once that line was brought down to a more reasonable and managable length the Psyco Path was back to small groups.

• 3 weeks later...
We did end the night great with one of the best rides of The Beast I have ever had. The ride was a walk-on, surprisingly, around 11:45. We decided to save massacure manor for next time.

Trust me the line wasn't short. Got in line at 10:45 for The Beast. What happend was it broke down and everyone left the line. It reopened around 11:40ish and quickly requed.