Dead Acres

StXsteven

As I promised, I went to Dead Acres friday night, voted #7 best in America by Hauntworld magzine. We got there around 9:45 to see a 2 hour wait. Normally I don't mind waiting, but the path was very muddy, and I didn't want to get home at 2 am.. so we paid $25 each for VIP tickets.. means you get to cut the line. Some posters here read the convo. about this haunt, where actors get physical with patrons.

It was a good attraction, very up close and personal. There was alot of cussing going on, which honestly, I thought intesified the haunt "get you @sses in there" and "welcome to he11 mother funkers" were the main 2 quotes I remember. There was alot of grabbing going on, when you walked by them they would put there hand on you, sometimes they'd pat your back and things like that, it was all in a nice and mature manner there was no shoving or hitting like the many rumors I've heard of the place. I will say it was very dark inside, throughout the entre haunted house it was very dark. There were 2 scenes where they told everyone to get in a room, and you'd see them perform an act(first room guy cuts a clowns head off with a machete.. and in the second room you watch a guy get hung, then a guy comes out with a chainsaw and splits him in half.. from head to stomach, so half of his top half falls forward and you see all of his insides). It was a good time, but there are much better, more frightening, better designed haunts in the area. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but not many of the props worked on time, it was to dark in most scenes to see much, to many people being rushed in, and not much originality at all. I couldn't tell many actors apart from each other, majority wore the same things. There weren't many actors but the ones they did have did deliver. Alot of chainsaws, and they made sparks fly every where by slding there chainsaws on the walls and on fences. If you have extra time check them out, but of your in that area, make sure you check out House of Nightmares or Terror Park first because they do it better.. they give more of a variety and more entertainment than Dead Acres.

Yeah in the ticket barn it says they can touch you and if you are in any way hurt you can't hold them responsible.

Don't misunderstand though, it wasn't like every actor was touching you. I got touched 4 times out of the maybe 20 actors..

1 had a chainsaw and he ran at me and he saw I wasn't afriad or whatever so he pat me on the back and said I was the first of his night, one time an actor was above me and he just grabbed my head, which made me jump down haha. One actor just bumped into me, I assume it was an accident, not really sure though, and one grabbed my arm and said where do you think your going as i walked by.

Man, this sounds like a haunt! I would expect no little of this attraction where they allow cussing, and are allowed to touch you. Unlike Fearfest, you can still find children under 13 in the park. I don't think you will find a kid in this attraction. First thing that comes to mind is if there is an age limit you have to be to go through the attraction? I mean if this attraction has scenes of clowns getting their heads chopped off by a machete, and people getting hung... why wouldn't there be an age limit?