Great Wolf Lodge Sign

guy1115

Originally, the former spokesperson for the park, jeffery seibert, said that the plan was to close the campground, build the GWL on its former location, then re-build a newer campground similar to the new one carowinds received in the rear area of Son of Beast on what used to be parts of the wild animal habitat. Whether or not these plans are still in motion or if theyve been altered are still to be seen. That was the plan under Viacom/CBS owned Paramount parks, now who knows with Cedar Fair.

• Like 1

Well, if it is a new sign, one would have to wonder if plans are still in motion for a campground, even under Cedar Fair. If it weren`t still a possibility I doubt that they would have put in a new sign, but you never know since this property is technically no longer associated with the park as CBS still has its 16% stake in it.

Actually, I don`t believe they do. Here`s why. CBS received a 16% stake in the Great Wolf Lodge for supplying the approximate $6 million in land that the resort sits on. When Cedar Fair bought Paramount Parks from CBS, they did not buy the 16% stake in the Great Wolf lodge (essentially buying the land it sits on). So therefore, that land is technically owned by Mason Family Resorts, LLC. That is the official name of the company that CBS gave the land to for the Great Wolf Lodge.

Even with them not having an interest in GWL or the land I could still see Cedar Fair building a new campground on some of the land they do own surrounding the park. Something along the lines of Light House Point would be very nice, plus I think it would be a very welcome addition to the park.

Because I will not visit any park that doesn't have a camp ground or other lodging choices... wink.gif

Funny this topic about the campground; I suggested to my wife this weekend that maybe we should sell the sailboat and buy a RV. Wife then said that would be nice especially when we go to Kings Island, I had to explain to her that the campgrounds doesn’t currently exist.

Well, there is ample land behind Son of Beast and Top Gun. The one issue is that the park`s greenhouse is located back there. They would either have to build around it or relocate the greenhouse facility elsewhere. I can see Cedar Fair building a new campground and/or cabins as a way to bring in additional revenue.

Because I will not visit any park that doesn't have a camp ground or other lodging choices... wink.gif

Actually Rail Rider, the exact quote of that guy was:

"I will no longer go to Kings Island untill they put the camprground back in. I will not support an organization that does not support all forms of lodging"

laugh.gif

And so, the revolutionary boycot of Kings Island began...

...and failed.

• Like 1