FearFest Ideas

vortexdemon05

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was my idea, but fear not, I have many more.

I think it would be cool to add on to Circus of horrors, like add a funhouse section where there is like a moving floor, and sudden blasts of air coming from the walls.

Horror estate, this would be themed after a house where a horrible person kidnapped and murdered dozens of peole. Like in the beginning you would walk into a room with a couple of bodies (animatronics) with gags and blindfolds, that would be wriggling around. as you go through you would find more and more out about the killer then finally at the end you see the killer and he is eating the bodies and he would come after you in an all mirrored room where it would be hard to find your way out. This would replace Asylum. also to make more moments where you jump there are various victoms that are half eaten, that would be waiting around corners to jump out at you

Very Detalied, I like. I tried to do a Pt walkthrew in my freinds basement but it didnt work out sadly sad.gif

They could turn Holiday Horror into an actuall hanted house. I think it could be improved.

- Why did they stop using Curse of the Crypt?

_ why is it that I feel we keep getting ripped off with haunted houses? Ex- Cowboy Carnage is just the old Massacre manor props from last year. Holiday horror- need I explain.

I would totally re-do Circus Actually put it in a tent, were Massacre Manor USED to be (next to IS). Put it in an actual circus tent... like plack and purple striped or something. I would also incorporate more "circus-folk"... fire eaters, stilt walkers, animal trainers (more like snacks, heehee) and the host would be an evil Ringmaster high on a podium with his cane/stick... leading you into the tent!

I would add a room that is FULL of balloons! Like having to push your way through because you can't see anything! The scare in their would be a clown that would blow up and POP a balloon close to you.

I would also add a ball pit. Yes, just like those big ball pits we used to jump into when we were kids... just not as deep! As you would be walking through the pit, a clown would then jump into the pit with you, throwing and thrashing those balls around! Also, this would not violate any handicap laws if done right, SEVERAL haunts use this type of scene already (just without the clown jumping in).

As for a NEW haunt... I would do an industrial/grunge house. Like a junkyard/meatshop/metal shop gone BAD! Think of the opening "junkyard" scene in the movie "13 Ghosts".... That feel! The scares would consist of loud/sudden noises (chains on a steel barrel, air-impact wrenches to sheet metal, rattle cans, spark fences, aluminum trash can lids to chain link fence, etc.), insane actors poping out of trunks/hoods of cars, out of barrels, behind walls, and from above....

It would be like all hell has broken loose! I would put this attraction in AZ... and AZ would be themed very similar, that "junkyard" feeling. I would put an actor with a flame-thrower on the AZ "Water Tower".... The flame would be shot into the air, just like the effect on IJ:ST. AZ would have sliders, a "chainsaw gang", and just "roaming" actors.

That's just some things I would do.... If their was a BIG budget! I don't know, maybe some day! -Hauntguy

^And that my friends is why Hauntguy should be planning PKI's fearfest! Those ideas are so awesome, I especially like what you said about the circus of horros idea, i always wondered why they didnt put it in that tent next to the showplace and make it like a circus. I like the grunge/industrial idea, I was really pleased with the workzone this year and to see that on a much larger scale in AZ would be excellent. The park really went all out on Fearfest this year and even when its been crowded its been a great time and has only gotten better as the weeks have gone on.

Wow hauntguy if they ever did something like that I would be first in line! Just remember the wheelchair accessibility. I have an electric one that often gets stuck in the current haunted houses to the point damage was done to my chair and I am in fear of damaging PKI property.

My own idea would be the sliders. They really need a lot more of them and should have them in all areas of the park.

The new work crew zone is another joke. To make that one work allow those workers to be more active and move toward the visitors so that when you get through the smoke there is someone staring at you and startling the various visitors. Right now it is just walking through and seeing them pushing something or hanging around from some structure. None of them were really doing anything that would scare much more than a child.

Wouldn't it be awesome to get rid of that Holiday zone because who in the world is that scaring?? It is not large enough and only barely interesting in trying to find all of the bones or gore in the scenery that at night is harder to see. You have a few jokes walking around and acting like they are directing you into Santa's village. This is more designed to scare children and should be moved to the kiddie area for daytime viewing with removal of a few of the bloodier items. I noticed a few sliders trying to spice it up a week or so ago by getting people as they came out of it.

Why not improve more on the corn stalkers. They did the right thing the past two weeks by enlarging the area but why not put in more haystacks and more places for the actors to hide - plus adding more actors so that there are scares all over. I agree with the lines and how they have them set up but when they enlarged the zone they did not add more places for the cornstalkers. Return the cornstalkers on the fake posts like they had early and last year. When you can not determine which ones are real and which ones are going to jump out at you it adds a sense of the unknown. Let people kind of get close to take a real look at some of the stands and have the cornstalkers suddenly either jump from the stand or another one come up behind you and make some rather loud noises. Last year they had this one stalker that had a group of us watching. We were all gathered around, off to the side, this guy was awesome. He would sit there and just kind of watch people. With that costume you could not see what he was looking at and it was really hard to tell he was not one of the fake ones. Well he would suddenly jump out and start chasing people. It was the best thing we saw that year!! He was worth watching. They changed actors in that position because following weeks it just lost the luster and some of the other ones did little more then grumble or move just enough to startle. Why don't they have actors in those boxes?? That was another thing about last years cornstalkers that is missing this year.

Just a few ideas to improve what they currently have. Being in a wheelchair it is hard to really enjoy the enclosed attractions so the open ones are really more accessible. Sleepy Hallow is awesome but also could use a few more actors - not many more but one on the left as you come in and possibly just a few more in the "woods" to pop up on the fense and scare folks. That one on the ground was awesome and scared the crap out of all of us!!! The ones by the boxes were great too. They had one bouncing out that did a great job.

I would, but they (Mr. K.) would not listen... or even know what to do.

As for working, I won't be there... Yes, I was fired! But here's my story...

As some of you know, I am a full time college student. I moved up to NKU from Fleming County.. about two hours away. I NEVER see my family. I was going to miss work this Saturday anyways because we are having our family reunion... Our house managers knew that and said it was OK.

Then, I get a call from my mom telling me that they did not want me to miss the LAST weekend of FF and they would come visit me this past weekend... Now that is fine, but they wanted to go to KI with me and spend the WHOLE day... even FF... with ME!

Now I don't care what the company is but NOTHING comes before my family... and I was fired for being in the park but not working.

But, I don't care. I had a blast working at KI and ALL the people their are great. I would go back in a heart beat. But if I have to get fired to spend time with my family, then so be it. I love my family WAY too much to NOT spend time with them.

But it was good meeting all of you and having the oppurtunity to scare some people and make a TON of friends!

But I am not gone... I am still haunting in "other" places, so if you see me anywere, please say hi!

And I will be back at the park soon... Nothing can stop me from working their! -Hauntguy

Hauntguy, I can't say as I can blame the park for firing you, especially since they are probably shorthanded...but it is still too bad. You did a great job. Good luck on coming back next year.

P.S. I will add that was very mature of you to "fess-up" about being fired instead of trying to hide it.

Hauntguy. I am very sorry about you losing your job. I am with you in that family is a lot more important

than any amusement park / job ever. They should have understood. After all isn't Kings Island a "family oriented" theme park?

You were super nice to me during my two trips to the Cowboy Carnage - I was really hoping to see you this weekend and planned on specifically going up to you and introducing myself. The first time I went through the lines with everyone else and the second a park employee had me come out of the line, gave me a stamp and sent me to you to get the time put on my "yellow sheet". You did not have a pen and just said come back in 30 minutes. I did and you let me, and my family, right in. Don't know if you remember - you did have to fumble with the ropes and another guest got it for you. You were so sweet yet kept in character.

Since you already had the night off and planned on a family reunion why can't a family reunion occur at Kings Island?? Companies have picnics there, other families have reunions there as well and I am sure there were park employees at those reuniuns that likely took the day off for them. Does not seem fair.

As much dedication as you have for PKI it boggles my mind. By the way I am in Northern Kentucky too. Hope I see you around. I stick pretty much in the Florence area.

Best of luck with school!!!

Wait a second? They knew you needed the day off? You had the day off? And they fired you because you came to the park. What kind of crap is that? Or am I missing something? I could understand if you called off for your shift then showed up to the park, that's totally different.

When I worked at the park, I would request a Saturday off in the Post Season so I could come to the park with my family as a Guest. Managers and my Supervisor saw me and didn't say anything to me, other then the usual hi and stuff.

I had planned that this Saturday... the 28th, I had off due to the family reunion. But my family didn't want me to miss the last operating FF day, so they decided to come up and spend the day at the park with me this past Sat. So I called and talked to our house manager, he understood but soon called me back telling me that management had decided to let me go. They DID give me the option to come to work without punishment, but then I would be missing out on time with my family!

So I said no, I accepted my termination... I still love the park! Our manager said that NO ONE wanted to let me go, but it was just park policy that they HAD to follow. Which I totally understand.

But I will be working at the park in short time... 3-4 years.

Karen,

I remember you! I hate those darn ropes, LOL, and that guest was really nice for helping me! I am glad you had a good time at Fearfest and while going through CC... Maybe I'll see you around NK, just say "hey"....

Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy

Guest kwindshawne

Hey Hauntguy, why not give your suggestions to management when you work this weekend… Oh wait, nevermind.

That was uncalled for.....

awww hauntguy that is so nice that you remembered me!!! You were soo sweet. Love how you kept in character!! Or is that the way you really are???

When I saw your pic and you said you did the cowboy one I remembered you immediately!! You did a great job!!!

Hey email me sometime - mine is public - I would not know what you looked like as you had all that make up on remember??? LOL

Got to meet some of the sliders this past weekend and chat with them as Friday night it was sooo quiet. Barely anyone there!! Poor guys could not really do anything because of the ground conditions.

Hey Hauntguy, why not give your suggestions to management when you work this weekend… Oh wait, nevermind.

Dont worry, this guy talks all tough like hes some big shot, hes just some loser on the internet who no longer works for the park either, and unlike hauntguy, this jackass has no good favor upon higher up positions.

....Just wondering who all was going tonight for the last night of FearFest? I'm taking my camera for:

SHRIEKshow the 2nD: The Best of the 'Fest 200666

and I was just checking for potential victims-er, I mean, fellow PKIC 'mates-willing to partake in a delightful romp filled with witty banter and occasional insults to those of the thick ex-girlfriend type (Jew-y Bar Taste Testers need not apply ;) ). Be up there at 5:30, I will.

....Just wondering who all was going tonight for the last night of FearFest? I'm taking my camera for:

SHRIEKshow the 2nD: The Best of the 'Fest 200666

There was a older 40-50 year old man with a camera pinned on me for five or so minutes running around. Lets just say he got some 5 star footage...

• 3 months later...

I thought it was funny.

And I've missed several important things to work at the park. One being my graduation. It is all about how dedicated you are.

I would lose serious sleep if I knew one of my employees missed such an important event in their lives, because they thought that it would show me their dedication to my business. In fact if I knew that an employee had a major event celebrating an act in their life, I would insist that in no way that they are to work.

Guest kwindshawne

I would lose serious sleep if I knew one of my employees missed such an important event in their lives, because they thought that it would show me their dedication to my business. In fact if I knew that an employee had a major event celebrating an act in their life, I would insist that in no way that they are to work.

Thank god there are still managers with this mindset in the world-good for you-it has been a while since I've had one....it is all work, money, and to hell with you :angry:

Seems like your one of few that think that way... -Hauntguy

Yes avatar-one more thing-don't ever change-it is too rare these days