Kings Island Injury Report?

Radd

Guest kwindshawne

Came across this about an hour ago.

What do many of you think? Validity to any of thise?

Kings Island Injuries

I think there is a lot of validity to this. Every time I have ridden it I have had a sore back and a week before the accident I rode it for the last time-it's nto worth it to me. I never reported any of those incidences cause it wasn't permanent-I just saved it for last and went home afterwards. They will need to take a long hard look as to whether SOB is worth keeping.

Guest kwindshawne

:lol:

I don't think a bug hitting you in the eye is very valid, it like a bird pooping on your head noone can do anything about it, why would you report an incedent like this?? You aren't going to get anywhere and the park can't and won't do anything.

Heh heh-like the time Fabio got hit in the face by a seagull-that was classic

That whole website has been proven several times to be a complete load of crock. I forget exactly what it was but basically these people act as if they have some sort of authority and power when in actuality they have nothing. Not saying the injuries are made up, but I believe that they fabricate alot of the stuff said on the site.

If I recall correctly, I think this web site is run by a group that tries to sell their products and/or services to the parks, and if they refuse they smear them on there. Then again, if this is the same site that we were talking about a year ago, one of the major 'complaints' about AE is the run down themeing... give it up for safety.

Lets make sure we don't make this a KI issue. Check their other 'reports' and you will see a lot of the same issues at other parks. Example: Cedar Point has issues on Mean Streak and Mantis. Lets be honest, many of the wooden coaster at parks (including KI) can be rough. While I like a smooth ride, I do understand that when I get on a wooden coaster or an older steel coaster it may shake me some.

Boddah, that is the same organization. They are a useless group. If they got a splinter from some wood in line for The Beast, they'd complain about it. No, there is no real validity in these injuries. Like Boddah said, they are tryin to sell parks their services and when they refuse, they are trashed on their web site.

I just wonder how much is valid with this site. Almost comes across as not for profit lobbying group. They obviously have an agenda to push, because they do not list the number of circuits the ride has made for the year and compare that to the number of complaints. Honestly very very small ratio here. Someone is pushing their agenda and to me their site doesn't hold water.

Although I do find the Six Flags Over Texas reports interesting. Especially Titan.

I have been on this ride and there is a reasson the final section is called the centerfuge.

I definately had tunnel vision after going through this section and have never experienced anything like it on any other ride. Definately pulling high g's through this section which was giving me the fighter pilot effect of tunnel vision. I am pretty tolerant of g's, but this thing delivers them for a sustained period. My wife had the same experience. Titan still is a great ride and will ride it whenever possible.

"Amusement Safety Organization was founded in 2000 by Jason Herrera, an avid fan of roller coasters and a professional in the field of Health and Safety, he set out to get information on the safety of amusement devices and amusement venues throughout the world. Guided by a vision rather than a plan he has created an independent, unbiased, and proactive organization, which only continues to grow.

• In 2000, Mr. Herrera filed for an obtained a state health and safety & First Aid and CPR license through the California Emergency Medical Services. The programs detailing amusement device injury management.
  • In 2003, Mr. Herrera devised 'Lead Safety Operators' a program aimed at reducing injury severity.
  • In 2005, Mr. Herrera brought on, Mr. Matt Keatts to start up and see the start of East Coast Operations out of Virginia.
  • In 2006, Mr. Herrera was named Unit Safety Coordinator at Sears Holdings, where he devised and still uses programs devised at reducing public safety issues."

What wonderful certification the organizations founder has. I believe he probably runs this sight out of his mothers basement.

Whats that smell???

Smells like BullSh*t...

Mrs. RailRider has a first aid and CPR liscense through the state of Ohio, I guess that means should is an expert on Amusement Park Safety. Man I never knew that with her credentials she could become the director of MidWest Operations for ASO.

Wow, PKIDelirium is right. I never caught on to what he's doing and I usually notice stuff like that. If you go through and look at his replies he mentions ASO in most of his posts and in at least three he claims to have "just discovered" the site. Somehow I don't think you "just discover" something more than once. Nice catch PKIDelirium.

Well, believe it or not, WCPO has picked up on this story now. They have a story on their website mentioning Jason Herrera, the president of the Amusement Safety Organization. The article also interviews Ed Dailey, a member of the Ohio Department of Agriculture- Rides Safety Division (the people that inspect ALL amusement park rides and go kart tracks in the state of Ohio.) He says that "[t]hey put safety first and I regard them as a very responsible park."

Read the entire article here.

I just wrote to this guy twice and told him to move on out of mommy's basement and get a real job. I also told him that being qualified to adminsiter and teach CPR and First Aid are not amusement safety expert qualifications. It is also my understanding that he goes to the parks first with his information. Then, when they deny him and his services, he tries to bash on them. What a loser!

Came across this about an hour ago.

What do many of you think? Validity to any of thise?

Kings Island Injuries

I think there is a lot of validity to this. Every time I have ridden it I have had a sore back and a week before the accident I rode it for the last time-it's nto worth it to me. I never reported any of those incidences cause it wasn't permanent-I just saved it for last and went home afterwards. They will need to take a long hard look as to whether SOB is worth keeping.

The whole getting hit in the face by a bug thing is almost laughable and really shouldn't even count

Everytime I ride the Millennium Force at CP, I get hit in the face by a bug :P and I get more aches and pains from riding Mean Streak than I did SOB for some reason..

Guest kwindshawne

I just wrote to this guy twice and told him to move on out of mommy's basement and get a real job. I also told him that being qualified to adminsiter and teach CPR and First Aid are not amusement safety expert qualifications. It is also my understanding that he goes to the parks first with his information. Then, when they deny him and his services, he tries to bash on them. What a loser!

Hee hee, good for you!!

Alright people, I need your help.

It sounds like WCPO is interested in "spinning" this story. From the E-mail I recieved back from the WCPO team, they would like more proof than just saying "industry officals give him no credit." Also, they want to know what type of services this "organization" offers parks.

Lets get to work, and we might just have PKI Central's first big news story.

Guest kwindshawne

I agree, anyone can get certified to do that-all you have to do is take a 4 hour class and you're qualified to teach-for that matter, I have as many qualifications as he does-and I am in no way an expert on any of this

It sounds like WCPO is interested in "spinning" this story. From the E-mail I recieved back from the WCPO team, they would like more proof than just saying "industry officals give him no credit." Also, they want to know what type of services this "organization" offers parks.

Maybe a little background check on Mr. Herrera-I am fairly good at digging up info........

Guest kwindshawne

In all honesty, if I were part of WCPO's reporting, I would find a mechanical engineer to have more credibility than someone with cpr certs-I don't think they see the whole picture.

What is his services that they deny?

His injury reports is his services, I believe. Parks generally ignore them becuase they ususally have an in-house records of any injuries ocurring on any of their rides. Also, Ohio is one of the states that has the strictest standards when it comes to approving for a ride to open or re-open to the public. They blow him off becuase he is only certified to administer or teach CPR or First Aid. Neither one of those qualifies him for being any kind of safety expert. So, when the parks refuse said services he tries to bash them publically to news papers or any kind of media outlet that will listen to him and give them bad press.

Is he trying to make money or something? I don't see where he is by looking at the site. I don't know what he is doing or why. All see is someone trying get info out on something the parks don't make public. The park is not going to let you see their in-house records.

I don't know if he needs to be a safety expert to do that.

Today I declare myself Czar of Amusement Park Safety.

Only parks that pay for the protection and good publicity that I, the Czar of Amusement Park Safety, can offer will be known for their squeaky clean safety record.

Disney has already turned my services down and just so happens that while at the park today a 10 year old boy was eaten by Dumbo and his other magical flying elephant buddies. As Czar of Amusement Park Safety I offered my services to prevent this from happening. We now see witness to what will happen when parks reject my services.

Sincerely,

Czar of Amusement Park Safety...

Bow down to the Czar!

My problem with a lot of the complaints is that they are ridiculous. If you get a splinter in line for The Beast, to them, it's a legitimate reason to complain about the maintenance of The Beast. I see where he supposedly sent PKI a warning about SOB. I saw the complaints too, which may be legit. My question is, why did they choose to report to some unknown guy instead of going to Guest Relations?