Wood Coasters Being Removed?

FOF/Z 4-ever

The Sections that are really bad are the top entering the rose bowl. The entire bottom half of the rose bowl and then everything after the loop.

If they were going to tear down all wooden coasters, then they would not have been willing to fix the "Son of Beast" Otherwise, it could have been the 1st official ( unofficial ) board(s) to begin the demolition process.

I still say that if it were up to me, I would bring in the wrecking ball. And have all of the oompa loompas clean up the mess. lol

The problems with SOB are not in the design itself. It is the trains for the most part and the poor building by whomever built it.

You need to contact the state and let them know that you've determined the issue. They are using roughly 60K in money to come to a solution that you apparently have arrived at.

• 3 weeks later...

Wooferbear, Kings Island already knows this seeing how they are suing the original contractors. Public knowledge.

Even though there is a lawsuit, that does not assign blame.

PKI could have told the contractor to use sub-standard material so some costs could be cut.

Chances are, there will be no money exchanged, and the truth will never come out.

If it was a cut and dry case, it would have been over a couple of years ago. Not to mention, if the contractor did use sub-standard material, and PKI knew this, why did the ride continue to operate?

Wow. Let's correct some things:

* Paramount Parks aka PKI sued the originally selected general contractor, the Ohio Coaster Company, which was closely related to Roller Coaster Corporation of America. It got a judgment, from which it has, last I heard, been unable to collect so much as a dime.

* Paramount Parks at some point took over the general contracting on the ride, relegating the Ohio Coaster Company to a subcontractor for Paramount Parks.

The case HAS been over for a couple of years. Just because you get a judgment doesn't necesssarily mean you get money...as many a small claims court plaintiff learns to his or her sorrow.

Wooferbear, Kings Island already knows this seeing how they are suing the original contractors. Public knowledge.

Even though there is a lawsuit, that does not assign blame.

PKI could have told the contractor to use sub-standard material so some costs could be cut.

Chances are, there will be no money exchanged, and the truth will never come out.

If it was a cut and dry case, it would have been over a couple of years ago. Not to mention, if the contractor did use sub-standard material, and PKI knew this, why did the ride continue to operate?

Bingo.

And this is what has opened the park up to a huge exposure.

They knowingly operated a coaster that has had such issues.

It's going to be very difficult for them to deny forseability in these injuries.

Wow. Let's correct some things:

* Paramount Parks aka PKI sued the originally selected general contractor, the Ohio Coaster Company, which was closely related to Roller Coaster Corporation of America. It got a judgment, from which it has, last I heard, been unable to collect so much as a dime.

* Paramount Parks at some point took over the general contracting on the ride, relegating the Ohio Coaster Company to a subcontractor for Paramount Parks.

The case HAS been over for a couple of years. Just because you get a judgment doesn't necesssarily mean you get money...as many a small claims court plaintiff learns to his or her sorrow.

When did the case end? I have not seen any information that reflects this.

That is rather intresting. The judgement was not for sub-standard materials, but because of RCC's failure to hire a lawyer.

"Today, Roller Coaster Company of Ohio, LLC, received notice that the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Western Division, directed that a default judgment in favor of Paramount Parks, Inc. be entered against the Company for failure to hire another lawyer and to continue to pursue the case against Paramount Parks, Inc., owner-operator of the Kings Island Theme Park, near Cincinnati."

This still leaves the door wide open as to why & who is responsible of SoB's issues. Was it PKI making cost cutting decisions, or was it RCC not being able to handle the project.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Ok. Son of Beast is what brings "mostly everybody" to Kings Island? Well, I know that ride does not bring me to Kings Island. Not to mention that I don`t rush to ride that ride first thing. Additionally, I think it is more Kings Island`s award winning children`s area that brings a lot of the people to the park. Not a roller coaster that the park has had major issues with since it opened.

What brings me to the park is the beautiful ladys and Beast! Nothing like seeing all these chicks with bikini tops and open shorts on all day.

What brings me to the park is the beautiful ladys and Beast! Nothing like seeing all these chicks with bikini tops and open shorts on all day.

That, in fact, scares me seeing girls as young as 13 wearing stuff like that. It's like, as soon as you turn 18, you have the ability to look at them and say they need to cover up.

Well, that and they make very easy targets come Halloween to scare the daylights out of. Then again, who wears short shorts and a two-piece in the middle of the fall to begin with?

Yeah, but I tell them to cover it up. its a family environment, not Hooters!

Not something Cedar Fair would want any part of, but who here likes the idea of a Hooters theme park?

Not something Cedar Fair would want any part of, but who here likes the idea of a Hooters theme park?

*slowly raises hand, while looking around the room to see if anybody else is.*

LOL Funny I see girl ages 15 to 42 wear thier cloths like that not differant then being at the water park! If thats what thier parents let them do then there is nothing you can do to stop it. Im not a pervert looking at a female that is willing to show off what she has, nothing wrong with that in my book! If you want to look at dudes hey thats your cup of tea all I can say is go for it dude, but not me sorry.

Times are changing didnt you know? Hell they have daycare centers ant elementry schools now.

But if you dont like looking at females I bet your wife is worried. Go to the Celebrity in Dayton much?