Working behind Racer

reuvenadoniyah

There were people working behind Racer. They were either coring or drilling to set posts. If you don't know what that is, they were using a drilling rig to make holes. Sometimes these are to take core samples prior to construction, or to place concrete pilings. I was not able to see much, any ideas?

Of course building behind FOF and The Racer makes sense because of the room back there.

Also I was told that King Cobra has been sold and will be removed by December. This seems to fit with some sort of construction.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they usually run any FearFest events back there? (I wouldn't know, I've never gone to one). If thats the case, they're probabbly just cleaning up...

As for KC, good thing someone's finally buying it =D Hopefully it's somewhere nearby, so I can finally ride my old favorite again.

Happy Halloween!

From Ryan's letter he said the new development for next year will be, "...shocking, fun, exciting, and well-overdue." This makes me wonder if the park is not installing a new rollercoaster. I keep hoping it will be a water coaster, which would make the new attraction 'fun' and 'exciting' but not a mega thrill ride.

Although I can't find it on the forums, I remember a comment made by someone last year that (please don't quote me) a PKI person (talking about the Spongbob ride concept) said the park might be getting an even big and better water coaster then what the Spongbob ride would have been. Add in that ACE is coming next year to PKI and some type of coaster ride could very well be in the works. From Ryan's letter it sounds like we will only have 2 weeks or less to find out.

Where is my gas can, I need to add fuel to this fire...

Seriously I would think more along the lines of another flat like a screamin swing, but a new coaster that just seems like pushing it. Who knows, but maybe Cedar Fair alterd the plans that Paramount had. Maybe KI will get a Screamin Squirle or a Super Saturator, still fits the family friendly approach and wouldnt be a huge capital investment.

I am pretty sure that the announcement Ryan was talking about ("...shocking, fun, exciting, and well-overdue.") Is from a PKIC level and NOT a PKI level.

With in the next few weeks, PKIC is going to make an HUGE announcement that will in fact be shocking, fun, exciting, and well-overdue. But other than that, thats all we (PKIC) really know as fact!

From Ryan's letter he said the new development for next year will be, "...shocking, fun, exciting, and well-overdue." This makes me wonder if the park is not installing a new rollercoaster. I keep hoping it will be a water coaster, which would make the new attraction 'fun' and 'exciting' but not a mega thrill ride.

^I agree. AZ is always exciting; Rivertown has great atmosphere; IS is always great (needs some different shopping experiences), but I hear crickets when I walk through CM. Nothing really has changed there for so long (not counting FOF, but I don't think it really "adds" to the area). The old Flight Commander site is really an eyesore IMO, also.

Robbie (CoastersRZ) noticed this on Sunday at the meet-up and pointed it out to us if I remember right it is in the area that is circled in yellow and there is some dirt piles in that area along with some soil sample equipment. It sits right behind and across the road from the helicopter pad.

Clickon picture for larger view

IPB Image

Several of us who were discussing what they could possibly be doing in that area could not help in noticing that there are several storage buildings located in that area. Me personally would think it’s going to be another restricted area building used for their needs for storage or your guess would be as good as any.

Yes, I noticed the core sampling equipment during a ride on The Racer on Saturday. As Avatar said, it is close to the existing maintenance and storage buildings, so is likely related to some sort of backstage function. (Maybe they are finally building a warehouse to house all the plush that they store in the trailers.) Still, it will be interesting to hear what the park has in store for next year, entertainment wise or maybe even ride wise. I would not expect a coaster, due to the fact that it will be November tomorrow and there is no major land clearing yet, or ground preparation. Keep in mind that they had started work on Delirium in September to have it ready by opening day.

Yes, Ryan was talking about an announcement that PKIC is going to have in a couple weeks. I doubt the park will make an announcement in the next couple of weeks, but you never know when they might drop us some information about the goings on at the park in the offseason.

Strange, I didn`t notice any trees missing when I rode The Racer. Just the soil coring machine, a Bobcat tractor, and a couple small piles of dirt. Nothing to write home about and proclaim a new ride for next year. Just take a glance at the third quarter earnings report from Cedar Fair.

Kinzel added, “We’re very pleased with the parks we purchased, and feel more than ever that they are a great fit with our business. Our near-term focus is on enhancing fundamental offerings important to guest comfort and satisfaction, and over time, we’ll invest on a larger scale to build attractions around each park’s individual appeal.â€Â

Sure doesn`t scream that they are adding a ride to Kings Island next season to me. Just general park enhancements to improve the guest experience.

King Cobra will not be installed anywhere, because it has a major case of rot. If the park has sold it then I would say it was sold for scrap. Go ride ShockWave at Kings Dominion for your King Cobra fix.

Hmm should be interesting to see what develops.

Absolutely not, that ride rides nothing like the beloved King Cobra. Shockwave will beat the crap out of you. Not to mention the layout is slightly different(Right turn instead of left:no tricktrack). Also I dont know how they did it, but somehow PKD took all the airtime that you would get on KC out of Shockwave.

If you need a KC fix, you need to go to PCW and ride Skyrider. Amazing, never have I felt such nostalgia. Everything was there, the airtime, the tricktrack, and the smoothness. The only thing missing was the Eiffel Tower on your left as you go through the loop.

If the big announcement that is going to be made is on a PKIC level and not a PKI level, then why does the announcement read:

"I can assure you that we have an annoucement which will be made within the next couple weeks that will be shocking, fun, exciting, and well-overdue. I don't want to take any wind away from the park, however. Keep checking the site -- you never know what kind of news will be flying in from the marketing staff of PKI."

If the big announcement is about PKIC, then why would an early announcement of it "take any wind away from the park" and why are we asked to stay tuned to the marketing staff of PKI? Unless PKIC is somehow becoming a part of PKI, then I do not understand how the announcement could be about PKIC alone...Unless I am not reading those words correctly...