Working behind Racer

reuvenadoniyah

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i never rode the Tiques because of the fact that the line looked like it was about an hour or more but then when i realized that the line moved actually pretty quick it was too late they were gone. I would love to see a Spinning Drop Tower like Timber Tower at Dollywood.

In an ideal world, Italian Job would be moved elsewhere in the park (behind The Racer would be nice), and the 'Tiques would be restored.

Not likely, but it would be very nice.

Of all the things Paramount did to the park, placement of the Italian Job coaster is by far the worst, in my humble opinion. Paramount Parks did lots of good things to Kings Island, but that placement was not one of them.

Well, it is the barking of the games people that help bring in money for the park. Some of those games bring in a lot of money. I have had the chance to work in games a couple times at FearFest as part of the volunteer program. You`d be amazed how many people will spend up to $20 on one game in the hopes of winning a prize. And most of the times, these people don`t even think twice about spending this money!

Speaking of FearFest.....

[Off-Topic Post!]

.....it's a rumor at best, and by rumor I mean you can either believe me or don't, but there's talk that FearFest '07 will be even BIGGER than this year's. How big? Try the size of Knott's Halloween Haunt for starters. Scary thing is, the new big men on campus want it to be a true gorefest, with severe upage in the Blood'n'Brutality Dept. and the insanity of the infamous Scary Farm. So it may be likely we'll start to see construction for the 'Fest begin as early as mid-June (compare that to regular construction starting early August). But, like I said, it's just a rumor, nothing more......or is it?

A lot quieter, and a better place to be. Games are atrociously priced. At Cedar Point, game operators do NOT bark. I, for one, hope that practice ends under Cedar Fair.

WOW Interp, not often we completely disagree but that's what games is all about. The better the spiel the games worker has, the better the environment they create. It's ll like street theater.

Well, it is the barking of the games people that help bring in money for the park. Some of those games bring in a lot of money. I have had the chance to work in games a couple times at FearFest as part of the volunteer program. You`d be amazed how many people will spend up to $20 on one game in the hopes of winning a prize. And most of the times, these people don`t even think twice about spending this money!

It's not always about winning the prize. A big portion of it is the enjoyment that the folk get in playing the game. I've never gotten into it myself but love to watch people play em.

The problems are at least two fold:

* MOST of the barkers have NO idea how to properly use a microphone. They put it way too close to their mouth, they almost scream into it. A visit to a park should be a joy, not an audio pain.

* In addition to that, most of the mikes are just way too loud.

Thankfully, I am getting old enough now that almost none of them see me as a prospect for their games. In addition, when I am dressed for the part, I can often calm down their screaming merely by glaring at them as if I were about to report them to GR, which I rarely do. I sadly believe they ARE doing what they have been taught to do. And whoever teaches them has no clue how to use a mike either.

Oh wow... rumors rumors and more rumors. It's giving me a headache! It sure will be a great birthday gift to me when word is finally out and some things are squashed, and some things come to light! Only time will tell...

When the doors of perception are cleansed, things will appear as they truely are...

Guest kwindshawne

The problems are at least two fold:

* MOST of the barkers have NO idea how to properly use a microphone. They put it way too close to their mouth, they almost scream into it. A visit to a park should be a joy, not an audio pain.

* In addition to that, most of the mikes are just way too loud.

Thankfully, I am getting old enough now that almost none of them see me as a prospect for their games. In addition, when I am dressed for the part, I can often calm down their screaming merely by glaring at them as if I were about to report them to GR, which I rarely do. I sadly believe they ARE doing what they have been taught to do. And whoever teaches them has no clue how to use a mike either.

When I go through that area of the park, I run through as quickly as possible-it is extremely annoying

I can report to you only one thing that I like about the way to loud promptings to play the games at the Midway. My daughter tends to be a very slow walker and when we get to this area, she miraculously and magically no longer has that problem. She just puts her hands over her ears and instead of following behind she leads the way. I have been so shocked at her transformation, I often thought maybe I should invest in a portable PA system.

Guest kwindshawne

I can report to you only one thing that I like about the way to loud promptings to play the games at the Midway. My daughter tends to be a very slow walker and when we get to this area, she miraculously and magically no longer has that problem. She just puts her hands over her ears and instead of following behind she leads the way. I have been so shocked at her transformation, I often thought maybe I should invest in a portable PA system.

:lol: