Working behind Racer

reuvenadoniyah

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read his words about an announcement carefully. The announcement that will occur in the coming weeks will relate to PKIC. Trust me, there might be something other than the PKIC announcement coming out of the park in the coming weeks and months.

I assure you I read it very carefully, and without further clarification, it was NOT readily apparent if the announcement dealt with the park or PKIC. The original announcement said that something exciting was coming, but was not to be announced yet for fear of taking wind away from the park, and then it said look for an announcment from PKI marketing. If the announcement ONLY had to do with PKIC, why mention taking wind away from the park and why wait for marketing people at PKI to announce anything? Does PKI marketing always make announcements about changes at PKIC?

Either the announcement is mentioning two different announcements (one from PKI and one from PKIC), or their is one announcement and they involve something about BOTH PKIC and PKI. It is not obvious the way it was originally worded which one it was. Later posts seem to imply it is 2 different announcements. In any case, I look forward to the announcement! ;)

Well, I never said that they have announcements coming. But I did say that they might have one. But they also might not have any announcement coming up. Afterall, Cedar Fair has previousely said that they would honor any commitments that Paramount Parks had for capital expansion projects in 2007. Which with CBS`s budget cuts, doesn`t bode very well for anyone hoping for a new ride at the Island in 2007.

But if you simply listened to Cedar Fair`s conference call today, you could have heard Dick Kinzel say that some announcements about 2007 capital expenditures would be disclosed later this month. Hopefully one of those is for Kings Island, which I have a hunch it will be, but you never know for sure until it is announced.

No Revenge of The Bat! Instead, they're going to combine King Cobra with the old Safari ride - you'll stand-up and ride on the monorail through various wild animals, such as those who hate SOB, those who think TR is a waste, those who avoid IJST because they say it's too lame, and those who will be REALLY disappointed when PKI (or KI) doesn't get a new coaster next season!

I do know that some of the original PP plans for 2007 were axed. And according to the Press Release from CF regarding earnings,

Kinzel added, “We’re very pleased with the parks we purchased, and feel more than ever that they are a great fit with our business. Our near-term focus is on enhancing fundamental offerings important to guest comfort and satisfaction, and over time, we’ll invest on a larger scale to build attractions around each park’s individual appeal.â€Â

This to me sounds like new restaurants, shops and additional facilities for 2007, rides in years after. I know of at least one Paramount Park for sure is getting at least one new indoor restaurant for '07.

I hope its cool!

That would imply that Bat still was around in some shape or form. Now, Revenge of the Cobra on the other hand...Maybe that prop car was a clue of things to come?

Not necessarily on two counts:

* Parts of The Bat ARE still around...most of The Vortex station is the old Bat station, barely modified; some of the parts are still around, and

* Doesn't have to imply Bat is still around ini some shape or form, for that matter. Hydra the Revenge is the successor to Hercules at Dorney Park, and there certainly isn't any shape or form of Hercules still around...unless Mean Streak counts.

I have always loved how some folks panic during the offseasson. They are almost like little children waiting for Christmas morning. So excited about it they cant wait and then once it happens they are excited about their new stuff and the cycle goes on year after year.

Love watching people squirm with excitement and anticipation