Working behind Racer

reuvenadoniyah

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you might be waiting for a while Beastfan11. I mean, they have all the way until April 21st until they open, so they have a lot of time to make an announcement.

Well from the reports on the other thread, if parts of X Flight start showing up in the parking lot or going down I 71, I think we're going to know.

• 4 weeks later...

I never road them because I aways thought the line was way too long for the ride however I do miss the smell of the gasoline and the nice gentle looking area of the park.

Boy you missed out, All my firsts was riding the antque cars. First girl friend, first kiss, first.... well you get the point. In the 80's that was the hot spot for teens when it got dark.

****** Waiting for an 07 annoncement******

Dont hold your breath so much , it will give you a bad headache.

This has little to do with anything, but someone made the comment before that what would coney mall be without the barking...another thing to add to that, is the absence of SOB...It was really weird to be there this summer and not be able to hear it all over the park...It will be really good to come back next year and have everything as it should be...well almost <_<

If the park had any desire to expand, I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to loop around from the FoF pavilion to that area where Racer has that very large crest. It'd draw traffic back to the corner where Vortex is, and the park could have an excuse to tear down that God-awful laser-tag building. (Does anyone remember when they used to show those movies in there? They always had the AC on, and it was freezing!)

That side of the main Coney drag could use a little attention some day.

I suppose if they did loop around the maintenance buildings, they could leave them there and put up a fence or something to give it more appeal. Then again, why would you ever want maintenance buildings in the middle of part of your park?

Well I was calling for the Area 51 themed area as soon as the X-Flight rumors started. Glad to see other people feel the same way. Get some used military hardware, a couple Duece an a halfs and some perimiter security fences and youve got a pretty decent themed area. Some fresh paint, camo netting, a few food stands, and your new area is ready to go. I think you could widden the path that currently goes under Racer with some more Steel Trusses, put up a guard tower as you enter the area and its good to go. With high enough fences and trees you would never see the maintence buildings.

• 1 month later...

Yea a new area would be great back there but they would have to have a better access path other than that small path that goes underneath The Racer. They could have an alien theme JUMP2 back there and maybe even a B&M hyper. Wishfull thinking. :rolleyes:

I think it will be enough to have 2 coasters in that area unless they use some more of that land to expand. Just add a few flats, games and stalls and it should be good...

Also, I LIKE the path under Racer. It provides a cool camera angle, and its fun to watch them race over you...

Hey, the two days I did work on Racer as a send, there were very few dispatches that were not racing. The few that weren't racing were because the people getting in and out of the train were moving slow. Most of the time from what I observed it was the guests. Unless there is a major lag in one of the trains and the guests in the other train would have to wait, the drivers use a series of "knocks and taps" to let the other drive know they are ready to dispatch.

P.S. If both trains are dispatched at the same time, the backwards train always wins. :rolleyes:

Racer? Race? As seldom at those coasters raced under CBS/Viacom in later years, it is probably a good sign that Gemini almost always races...

That's a little bit of an exaggeration. I would say Gemini has both sides open about 60% of the time. A lot of weekdays (especially in May/June and the last two weeks of August), they'll only run one side.

Racer? Race? As seldom at those coasters raced under CBS/Viacom in later years, it is probably a good sign that Gemini almost always races...

That's a little bit of an exaggeration. I would say Gemini has both sides open about 60% of the time. A lot of weekdays (especially in May/June and the last two weeks of August), they'll only run one side.

^I agree with you Smith, the parks aren't going to run both sides of a twin coaster if they expect attendance to be low. Running both is a waste of resources, i.e. the ride opps. They can be used on other understaffed rides.

Well, I`d have to think that even with two trains, X-Flight had a higher capacity than what Face Off has. Reason being is that with Face Off, they can only load one train, then have to wait for that train to complete its circuite. Whereas on X-Flight with two trains, they can load one train while the other is out on the circuit. Theoretically, three trains on X-Flight with both stations running, it could get even better capacity, although I`ve heard that there were some issues with the setup of the blocks when they ran three trains at GL.