Working behind Racer

reuvenadoniyah

I have ridden all of the vekoma flyers including stealth while it was at PGA and Borg where it now sits and i have never been really astonished by their capacity. Getting everyone into those restraints takes a good while.

In all the times I have ever been to Geauga Lake I have never seen both stations utilized. At Six Flags America on Batwing, only one station was being used, however while we were standing in the station, there was a problem with the ride. The course of action taken was to park that train in that station, flip over the rotating track, and move all the guests to the other station where within 15min we boarded and rode.

Personally other than in situations like that^ I dont see the double station being as efficient as Vekoma had hoped. I just feel like there is so much that could go wrong with the rotating track that the risk of breaking down would be too great. (not to mention the extra staffing needed to run both sides for just a little extra capacity) My guess is if both stations are going to be utilized, it will probably be the same days as when both sides of Skyflyer are utilized. (Saturday's in the summer etc.) Just my 2 centz.

-Nick-

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride never used 3 trains it was tested with 3 and there were stacking problems, if i could remember back to 01.

Geauga Lake did both stations on busy days and weekends. It happen a lot.

and the day our queue was filled to halfway to the entrance, if anyone has been there they will know, the like was like at least 2 hours.

I made a quick visual I remember waiting 3.5 hours for it...

IPB Image

The other day? it's january.

I've been ther several times on what could be considered crowded days and have never seen geauga utilize both stations, nor have I ever waited more than 45min-1hour even with the line close to the entrance. The wait was almost identical to that of Borg from the entrance, which I also only waited 45min for. I'm not saying they never used both stations, this is just my experience.

I'm also not quite sure what your drawing is refering to.

I keep hearing all these problems with the Vekoma flyers. As to say B&M flyers are that much better. As a frequent visitor to SFOG and Carowinds I've always been able to ride Borg. I can't tell you how many times Superman was closed at SFOG. To further that I think I saw maybe one time that SFOG had both stations opened. Mind you the best thing about the two stations is that on the back station you didnt have to wait for all the Qbot people to go first. But that's my two cents in my opinion Vekoma vs a SF ran B&M. not that different other than loading.

----PLEASE Kings Island NEVER START A QBOT or FASTPASS program-----

---It just makes the day suck for the rest of us that don't want to shell out more $---

Well, techinically, Kings Island did have a fastpass type system. But it was only available to Gold Season pass holders, and only on weekends in June and July on select attractions (Wild Thornberrys, Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, The Beast, Delirium and Drop Zone). Not sure if they are going to still offer this program or not since the Gold season pass is now a thing of the past.

Yeah, that`s right, the first couple of weekends that IJ was open, you had to get the tickets to ride. Then, you entered the line when it was the time that your ticket said. But, that was only for the first couple of "preview" weekends for the ride, before it officially opened to the media.

Racer? Race? As seldom at those coasters raced under CBS/Viacom in later years, it is probably a good sign that Gemini almost always races...

That's a little bit of an exaggeration. I would say Gemini has both sides open about 60% of the time. A lot of weekdays (especially in May/June and the last two weeks of August), they'll only run one side.

I'm not talking about whether or not both sides are RUNNING...I'm saying that when both sides of Gemini ARE operating, the coasters virtually ALWAYS race..that is the operators take care to simultaneously dispatch both sides...the point of a racing coaster is to race...operating the two sides independently defeats the major purpose of the ride!

And yes, the backwards side of Racer (recaR) almost always wins, as it is not as heavily braked as is the forward side.

It was not always thus.