Top Gun is Maverick?

kjkjkj

Im not sure if this has always been there but at the top I think it could be giving a hint to the rides new name!?!

TOP GUN®

Are you ready, Mavrick? Put on your flight helmet and climb on board this steel, single track suspended roller coaster. The innovative ride creates the sensation of flight through a hilly wooden terrain.

Manufacturer Arrow Dynamics, Clearfield, UT

Year Opened 1993

Hourly Capacity 1,400 passengers

Length of Track 2,352 feet

Maximum Speed 51 mph

Height of Lift 98 feet

Total Number of Riders

Since Opened 14,796,509

Length of Ride 1:30 minutes

Number of Trains Two trains, with seven cars per

train, four riders per car

Guests per Train 28 guests

Tons of Steel 600

Footer Depth Up to 50 feet

Amount of Concrete Used 2,000 yards

Location Paramount Action Zoneâ„¢

And where is this from?

If it were Maverick, don't you think they might spell it correctly?

Also, Cedar Fair has not been known to repeat the names of MAJOR new rides from park to park. There is ONE MF, ONE Talon, ONE Mamba, ONE Steel Force, ONE Hydra. Names like Thunderhawk get reused, but not names for signature attractions.

Yes, that's the past, but I doubt you will see major rides at Cedar Point get duplicate names at Kings Island. The parks are too close together for that kind of thing, and many patrons go to both.

How about a link?

Found it: http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsisland....cfm?item_id=77

BUT, the source code says it was modified 31 October, 2006 20:51:45. I at first doubted seriously that Cedar Fair did this. I suspected a hack job. And by someone who can't even spell. Whoever did this, I thought, should beware, as Cedar Fair takes computer hacking QUITE seriously, and would prosecute if they can determine who did this, if it was done maliciously. And no, I said to myself, I can about bet it did not say that before yesterday.

Now, I'm not so sure, though. Apparently, Mavrick was a Navy Fighter Pilot.

I now think there is no hack job, no change, and NO hint of any new ride name.

Next?

Best scene in Top Gun is the all male overly sweaty beach volleyball game ;)

Afterall that is what ace fighter pilots do, get greased up and play beach volleyball. I think this scene was the insperassion for BayWatch and all of the slow motion running scenes.

Yea but in the sense that Cedar Fair is using it, it is a lone bull that runs away from the herd of something. I highly doubt Cedar Fair would make top gun, "maverick", in terms of the movie when they're wanting to de-paramountize the park.

DEPARAMOUNTIZE??...Is that (REALLY) in the dictionary????? lol anyways, this is really off topic, but has anyone looked at the recently added 3rd quarter sales on the Cedar Fair web site. The word "Paramount" has been dropped from all of the parks here. Not that it necessarily means anything. But I just thought that I would mention it.

Did you notice at the top though after Top Gun it has a registered trademark symbol. Maybe that could mean that Cedar Fair has bought the rights to it. I looked at Face/Off's page and it had the Tm sign so maybe they only bought out certian ride names.

I think thats because they are registered names to paramount in general whether they are movies or rides.

Yep, you're right on the money on that one. Paramount Parks never actually owned the rights to any of the media properties...they simply licensed them from Paramount Studios or Viacom (or, in the case of "Outer Limits," MGM).

Part of the deal with the CF acquisition was that Viacom/Paramount Studios would give CF the same licensing deal (for up to ten years, anyway...four for Nick) that Paramount Parks enjoyed.

Did you notice at the top though after Top Gun it has a registered trademark symbol. Maybe that could mean that Cedar Fair has bought the rights to it. I looked at Face/Off's page and it had the Tm sign so maybe they only bought out certian ride names.

Like the logos that are in my Signature?