Great Wolf Lodge - Grand Opening Special

Found this earlier and thought maybe some members may be interested in this information.

Offer Valid through March 22, 2007

Save over $100 on Family Suites at our NEW Indoor Waterpark Resort!

Offer valid Sunday - Thursday

Valid on Family Suites only

Includes up to 4 waterpark passes for your entire stay!

Daily Cub Club kid's actvities and Wolf Walk

Nightly Story Time in front of the Grand Lobby fireplace

Three daily performances of "Rhythm of Nature" at our animated Great Clock Tower

Clink link below for more information or to book a room.

Great Wolf Lodge Grand opening Special

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

After waiting many months we have finally checked into the Great Wolf Lodge. Wow pictures absolutely doesn’t do this place justice. There is enough to do here to keep a family busy for days. Although we are really impressed with everything, there have been a few negatives too. Some of which they can not control but a few they can. I will go into more detail later about them, but one quick one was at 5:45 pm they sent everyone outside in the pouring rain with what they had on at the time. Then locked everyone out of there rooms for 10 minutes after the all clear to go back in. There are other problems too.

Hello everyone

After waiting many months we have finally checked into the Great Wolf Lodge. Wow pictures absolutely doesn’t do this place justice. There is enough to do here to keep a family busy for days. Although we are really impressed with everything, there have been a few negatives too. Some of which they can not control but a few they can. I will go into more detail later about them, but one quick one was at 5:45 pm they sent everyone outside in the pouring rain with what they had on at the time. Then locked everyone out of there rooms for 10 minutes after the all clear to go back in. There are other problems too.

Sucks, but hopefully they get all the bugs ironed out by the time the Kings Island season comes around.

"Give me a full report!"

Water Coaster is up and running with only a few delays every so often. they are still dealing with the fire alarms and make audio announcements in your room. I guess just to workout some bugaboos still in the system. Although because of this Miss Rae thinks that if there really was a fire at night that I would not be able to get her out of her room. So it’s either all three of us in the 1 queen size bed or I haft to take-up residents in the Kid Cabin in our room. So since last night I kept getting kicked out of bed and found out that the couch is not long enough to let one sleep there comfortably, I have decided that the kid cabin is the next best place for me. I have tested it and I do just barely fit, if I put my head against the headboard my feet just barley hang over the end.

Don’t get me wrong here we are having some great family time and Miss Rae say’s this is her new favorite hotel. Well back to the great fun here at the Great Wolf Lodge.

Note; There is so much to do here for a family that we may not get t go to all the other Holiday festivals that we originally planned.

Yeah this one is just a big larger than the Great Wolf in Sandusky. I would imagine once this place takes off and especially in the winter months you will more than likely see Kings Island bring WinterFest back.

Just got back.........what a nice place......its quite a bit larger than the one in Sandusky with much larger slides........and the slides I like even more than the Kalahari.........wave pool is nice........could use bigger waves (kinda small).......they seem to vary from W.P. to W.P. ......Coyote Canyon was sweet.....never though I would love getting flush down the toilet as much as I did...lol........W.C. rock too......we had a great time........the lobby show was well done....nice effects.......we were singing along the 12 days of x-mas with it (done with a GWL flare) and pick up on the moose singing......."and a water slide that makes you go Weeeee".......pretty cool......the parking lot was pack but inside was not bad.......lines were not to long......10 mins max. on the big slides.......the park can handle large crowds.......staff was nice and very loose......I get tire of uptight staffers blowing whistles too much........all in all.......a very nice trip !!!!!

Honestly, most guest staying at the Great Wolf Lodge are most likely are a family and walking all the way to the front gate would be doable but not likely. I don’t think most guests would not want too especially if they think how hard it is to walk all the way back to the lodge with very tired little youngsters in tow

P.S. As most of you know my family have just gotten back from the staying at the lodge for three nights and four days. We ate at every restaurant, bought from every gift shop, participated in every children’s activity offered and spent a lot of time using the water park.

So my question is this would you like a very detailed report about all guests’ offerings with pictures or would you just like an abbreviated report with pictures? Both would include both the good and not so good facts about the Great Wolf Lodge from a guest’s point of view.

IPB Image

Yeah this one is just a big larger than the Great Wolf in Sandusky. I would imagine once this place takes off and especially in the winter months you will more than likely see Kings Island bring WinterFest back.

Just got back.........what a nice place......its quite a bit larger than the one in Sandusky with much larger slides........and the slides I like even more than the Kalahari.........wave pool is nice........could use bigger waves (kinda small).......they seem to vary from W.P. to W.P. ......Coyote Canyon was sweet.....never though I would love getting flush down the toilet as much as I did...lol........W.C. rock too......we had a great time........the lobby show was well done....nice effects.......we were singing along the 12 days of x-mas with it (done with a GWL flare) and pick up on the moose singing......."and a water slide that makes you go Weeeee".......pretty cool......the parking lot was pack but inside was not bad.......lines were not to long......10 mins max. on the big slides.......the park can handle large crowds.......staff was nice and very loose......I get tire of uptight staffers blowing whistles too much........all in all.......a very nice trip !!!!!

P.S.,..........also the rooms were very nice and large.......we were even able to check in early at 1 instead of 4 p.m......also the wristbands work great but be careful you can spend a lot........breakfast buffet was great too...........ok so thats the short version preview.....hey Avatar post some room pics if ya got any.

One question I have about GWL is does this one have a family style resturant like the one in Sandusky? By family style I mean you pick like two entrees, 4 sides, and desert and they bring it out in huge bowls and platters and you share everything. The GWL has a resturant like this in Sandusky and is quite excelent, just wondering if I get to look forward to that or not.

post 666 ewwwww

Yes; I have tons of pictures everything from room pictures that include what the balconies looked like to showing what each light fixture looks like up close.

IPB Image

Also pictures of the restaurants and what the food looked like as it came out of the kitchen.

Kids Plate from the Buffet

IPB Image

Of course tons of pictures of the water park and the Cub Den with finished projects.

IPB Image

So I think I’ll do one long report in sections such as check-in, restaurants, gift shops, kid’s activities, Water Park, rooms and views, current problem areas and finish with Tips, Tricks & suggestions for those yet to go.

As you can see this will take a few days to complete and I still need to get the pictures back from the water camera. I may even throw in a slide show complete with synchronized music.

One question I have about GWL is does this one have a family style resturant like the one in Sandusky? By family style I mean you pick like two entrees, 4 sides, and desert and they bring it out in huge bowls and platters and you share everything. The GWL has a resturant like this in Sandusky and is quite excelent, just wondering if I get to look forward to that or not.

I did not experience any restaurant’s serving family style. But the Loose Mouse severs a wonderful buffet that caters to all ages with a special unique lodge style twists in service presentations to food ingredients. IPB Image

I"m saving the best pictures for the GWL report.

I am kooking forward to your report. Like it was said earlier, the more details the better! You must have that camera attached to you the whole time! Looking forward to see all your pictures as well. How busy was the place on Christmas day? Was the the water coaster working?

I actually took most the pictures in segments when I was usually away from the family.

We also decided to move our dates up by one day so e actually left around 3 pm on Christmas Eve and it was very noticeably less crowded (we even suggested that maybe next year we should stay over the Christmas break).

The Water Coaster has several issues; every so often and on a regular basis guest will be stuck on a water coaster craft that fails to make it up on the second lift. It usually only takes a couple minutes for the staff to get the guest out and to remove the water craft. So guest in line usually see this and think it will take a long time to get it up a running again so the line very quickly reduces down to a few guests. I did see on a couple occasions that they were having trouble with the conveyer that takes the water crafts up. The biggest problem that was very noticeable was the staffing level. Several times during our stay various water attractions were closed due to the lodge not having enough staff to cover all the sections of the water parks including a major attraction like the River Canyon Run . The Staffing problem is a big problem with several departments of the lodge and is very noticeable when staying for more than one night. I will go into more detail later in my in-depth report.

Also just a note to the Admin staff the “We like to do something special for them†for being the first to make a reservation at the Mason location, never happened.