X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

^Then neither of you follow the amusement industry very closely then. Screamscape is almost never right. But, if you keep guessing over and over again, eventually you'll get one right.

Villain is rough and from what I understand, it had a lot to do with Six Flags not mantaining it very well.

Well, Screamscape is often wrong with its long term plans for the parks. As with weather forecasts, the closer the events are to happening, the greater the accuracy that they can be predicted with. Which is why the predictions that Screamscape makes in the near future sometimes turn out to be true. But, as with Cincinnati meteorologists, even when something seems like a sure thing (such as a dusting of snow), we end up with a foot of snow.

The only people that really know what is going on at Kings Island for 2007, are those in upper management at KI, and then the management team at Cedar Fair corporate offices in Sandusky. The rest of us will just have to wait and see what, if anything, the park is getting in 2007. Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later.

Alright... I know I don't post here much... and you can choose to believe me or not... But I know for sure that the new ride for next year is X-Flight from Gueaga Lake... I learned from my cousin who is an employee. She talked with someone in upper management in the park and they had just had a meeting where they were talking about future plans for the park... and she said that this person told her they were getting a roller coaster called X-Flight where you rode like you were flying... She didn't know for sure where it was going but she mentioned that she had seen construction by Outer Limits and Racer...

Like I said... I don't really care if you believe me or not... I probably wouldn't believe me either if some random person was saying this.

I'm 100% sure the new ride is X-Flight.

Right. And other than the fact that your cousin is an employee who talked to someone in upper management, you have no reason to believe X-Flight is coming. Also, I would venture to say that upper management won`t just disclose future plans of the park to seasonal associates (assuming your cousin is a seasonal associate). What you heard is about as accurate as what someone reports hearing from the Dippin Dots guy.

But you never know what plans the park has up their sleeves for next season.

Well, you haven`t been on these boards for long, (nor have you made a lot of posts) so it is hard to believe that you know this for solid fact considering the park has yet to announce anything about next year. You just don`t have a reputation for reporting accurate and true information on the park, yet. Also, wouldn`t you think that there would be reports by now about that ride being removed from GL?

Let`s just say that there will be many surprised people when they find out what the park is getting next season...

I just don't see that X-Flight would be relocated. Why would they get rid of one of there best coasters.

Its not about getting rid of one of their best coasters, its about what the focus is going to be at Geauga Lake in the future. Kinzel's statement has been stated several times already here about the footprint being too large for the crowds that they get. Call me crazy, but I honestly believe that we WILL see some attractions removed and sent to other parks. It makes perfectly good sense. X-Flight certainly didn't bring in the crowds the year it was introduced at the Park and nearly 6 years later they still aren't coming. I think it'd be a great addition to PKI's somewhat lacking collection of thrill rides. Lets face it, FoF was really the last GREAT coaster addition to PKI. Face/Off is fun, but nothing extraordinary and we don't even want to get into that big SBNO piece of garbage on the other side of Action Zone :-) I happen to really enjoy the Vekoma flying coasters.....most impressed with how Borg turned out at Carowinds.

The big draw at Geauga though IS the water park there, I believe thats where the area of focus will be for some time to come. I know no official announcement has been made, but I do believe I read that they would be expanding the water park again this coming season. These new additions are the remaining parts of what was suppose to be installed THIS year. In any event, if X-Flight is truly coming to PKI, the truth will be out soon.

- Todd

• Like 1

Maybe our new ride will be a working SOB next season. Or maybe our new ride will be "ride the newest most thrilling pile of dirt you have ever been on. This amazing attraction will be placed with the rubbled remains of SoB!!!!!!!!!!"

Why would they remove a awesome coaster for a water park expansion come on people!

Because the awsome ride isn't bringing in the people the water park is. That is why they closed a weekend after the water park closed, without the water park it isn't busy. Also the water park is on the other side of the lake, so they wouldn't be build water park stuff on X-Flights land. Taking out X-Flight would just be making the dry park side smaller.

-Jake

PGA had stealth. As I recall, it was removed from PGA in order to expand their waterpark to Boomarang Bay. It went to Carowinds and became the Borg Asimilator. I have never been to Geauga lake, are they strapped for space, like Knotts Berry Farm?

I just hope that KI doesn't become the "land of misfit rides" from all of the other parks.

I agree.

Unfortunatly, I believe that we will have brand new blue garbage cans with new KI labels, 25 cent cotton candy that is only sold till closing and the removal of some black top to be replaced with concrete. I think the biggest thing new will be the removal of the goldpass parking fence and the preferred parking area.

If X-Flight were removed, would it further harm GL's attendance? Probably not...at least not to any significant degree. Would it provide a boost to attendance at KI? Most likely, yes, and I imagine the additional people a flying coaster would bring into KI would more than make up for any loss of attendance due to its removal from GL. So, the net effect for CF would be positive.

I just have a hard time believing that if this is the plan that it could happen for the '07 season. There haven't been any reports of dismantling X-Flight at GL yet, or reports of construction at KI. And, we're already just six months out from opening day :) It just seems like it would be a pretty quick turnaround...

• Like 1