X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

PGA had stealth. As I recall, it was removed from PGA in order to expand their waterpark to Boomarang Bay. It went to Carowinds and became the Borg Asimilator. I have never been to Geauga lake, are they strapped for space, like Knotts Berry Farm?

I just hope that KI doesn't become the "land of misfit rides" from all of the other parks.

Geauga Lake has enough space to expand for years. Even if they somehow use it all then they have a large lake in the middle of the park that could have rides built out over.

If you go to maps.google.com and just type in Geauga Lake it will pop up as the first option just click it and just zoom in. Then click satellite in the upper right. X-flight is the coaster out on the west side of the park next to the parking lot. The photos are a few years out of date its while Wildwater Kingdom was being built on what used to be Seaworld.

It is hard to tell from the photos just how much land is left because large sections of the Seaworld side are unused and the Geauga Lake side was in the process of having the old water park removed. But there is land available. Also from the photos you can see just how close X-flight is to a major road which is way we would all know the day something were to happen.

^well I mean with all your experience in engineering and relocating and designing attractions I guess you could say that. *rolls eyes* But when did RZ he knew what we are getting? He said land was being cleared behind The Racer, and everyone with him and myself on PKIC day saw it to. He never said he knew what it was for, for all we know they could be replacing the grass.

Grrr. This is the architect in me speaking, but "footers" are slang terminology. The correct technical technology is footings. Just like it is a concrete sidewalk, and not a cement sidewalk. Cement is the ingrediant in concrete that allows it to cure and become hard. There is also water, sand and aggregate mixed in with the cement in the concrete mix. I could go into a whole long spiel about all the stuff I learned about concrete from my structures classes last winter, but most people would find that boring. Not to mention this is not the place to have that discussion.

• Like 1

PGA had stealth. As I recall, it was removed from PGA in order to expand their waterpark to Boomarang Bay. It went to Carowinds and became the Borg Asimilator. I have never been to Geauga lake, are they strapped for space, like Knotts Berry Farm?

I just hope that KI doesn't become the "land of misfit rides" from all of the other parks.

Geauga Lake has enough space to expand for years. Even if they somehow use it all then they have a large lake in the middle of the park that could have rides built out over.

If you go to maps.google.com and just type in Geauga Lake it will pop up as the first option just click it and just zoom in. Then click satellite in the upper right. X-flight is the coaster out on the west side of the park next to the parking lot. The photos are a few years out of date its while Wildwater Kingdom was being built on what used to be Seaworld.

It is hard to tell from the photos just how much land is left because large sections of the Seaworld side are unused and the Geauga Lake side was in the process of having the old water park removed. But there is land available. Also from the photos you can see just how close X-flight is to a major road which is way we would all know the day something were to happen.

Yes, Geauga Lake has tons of room, there is even land behind the parking lot they own. Also, all of the houses on Fairview Ave (the street behind shamu stadium) are owned by CF. The lake however is an intresting situation, it is debated on who actual owns it, and also the city of Aurora wont alow building on the lake (the bridge is a floating bridge and can be moved, thus it is allowed). Finnaly, Aurora has a 180 or 190 ft limit on rides on the north (rides) side, and it is belived that SF might have been sranted a 210 limit on a portion of the south side.

I have got to drive by GL on a weekend and end the X-Flight rumor one way or the other.

Maybe they are going to get the helicopter tours back and someone thought they said X-Flight. :lol:

I think that would be a lot of help with this topic. It just seems like someone in the GL area would have driven by to see if X looks like it is being removed?

I am trying not to be a person that spreads alot of rumors around the internet but I was talking to someone in one of my classes who is a Potato Works guy and he said they will be getting some thing kind of like Flight of Fear. I don't know if there is any truth to this what so ever but that is just waht I heard. I don't even really see that happening.

Interesting.............

Park News - (11/16/06) Things just got a little more complex this week. The rumors about X-Flight being removed are still going strong and adding to this are photos of a survey company van parked inside the X-Flight area. If that wasn’t odd enough, a quick lookup of the survey company’s website shows they are from the Cincinnati area. You can find these photos over at Geauga Lake Today. Again... this just doesn’t make any sense at all to me if they are really planning to move the coaster to PKI. It would have about the same effect as moving the ride to Cedar Point. Everyone interested in X-Flight has likely already made the trip to Geauga Lake to try it out over the last few years.

a. I ASSUME that is from Screamscape.

b. Lance makes his usual mistake, assuming the general public is the same as enthusiasts. EVERYONE in the Cinci area (about 95 percent of them, anyway) hasn't even heard of X Flight, and probably at least half don't even think about Geauga Lake once every five years. X Flight would be a NEW coaster to almost all attendees of Cedar Fair's Kings Island. Not to mention that the coaster would bring a new bounce to Kings Island that it never really did at Geauga Lake, even when it WAS new at the then Six Flags Ohio.

c. Put another way, Lance's comments don't seem to fly.