X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

They have (according to those pictures) removed the lights from the lift hill. Nothing too conclusive there.

However, the fact that Berding Surveying was on site doing something is a little interesting. Berding actually came to where I work a few months ago and demonstrated their laser surveying system. It was amazing! They could set this thing up, and let it run for a couple hours, and they will have a detailed "image" made of data points describing where each and every point is withing a millimeter tolerance!

Are they doing something to the ride? It looks like it. Are they moving it? Possibly. We will have to just wait and see.

There hasnt been an on-ride photo installed on that ride, nor has there been any mention of it nor proof that ones being installed. The on ride photos use their own flashes and the area is needed to be as bright as can be so that the picture turns out well even at night. A fast shutter speed on the cameras is needed, meaning bright light. If anything, the lights on the lift hill would help the camera out and according to the state of ohio, any portion of a ride area where a ride attendant is permitted to go in case a temporary delay must be illuminated. For example, the flood lights around and on The Beast lift hills and brake run, if an attendant is going to go guest relate to a train, the train must be stopped in these areas and the area must be properly illuminated. If the lights in fact have been removed then I'm willing to say their either getting new lights or that track is gonna take a flight down south soon!

I think the single biggest piece of evidence that this is a possibility is Kinzel's comment on the most recent conference call about GL's "footprint being too large to support the attendance." Of anything, that gives a real clear picture of CF management's thinking. So, whether or not this particular rumor proves to be true or not, it certainly sounds like some attractions may be leaving GL in the future...

Personally, I'd rather have "Knight Flight" (sorry...I can't remember its new name), but X-Flight would be a great addition to PKI.

I still think it seems like a quick turnaround to move and install a coaster, but then again, I have no idea how long it really takes to disassemble, move, and reconstruct a coaster.

• Like 1

Sorry... I shouldn't of said next year... I know 100% that we're getting X-Flight but I can't remember if she said she knew it was this year or the next... A reason I believe her is because she doesn't follow up on roller coasters and she doesn't really care... She previously had no idea what X-Flight was and she didn't even know where it was from... She just said her manager told her that they had just finished a meeting and they said they were getting a rollercoaster called X-Flight... She knew I am a fan and she told me that the ride was X-Flight and it was a flying type rollercoaster... Then I got on here to see if there was anything on it getting dismantled etc. and I saw this topic. It was a huge surprise to me because I was expecting a flat ride... I didn't think, and don't know how they will be able to get it in for '07...

He said they'd honor the investment (I believe I read that somewhere). Nonetheless, even if he did say they'd honor the actual ride plans, CF has already gone against those plans. They reopened PKD's Flight of Fear, which I believe I read was already partially dismantled and some of it was already at Carowinds. (Not sure if that is true or not)

Wait wait wait, isn't it too late to send another coaster from one place to another? I mean, they'd have to pour cement, and then assemble it all safely, this Myth has been BUSTED

M'kay, before you come in and 'bust' myths, you might want to read the whole discussion. That's what we're talking about here. We're saying it's probably too late to start moving a X-Flight to KI. What remains to be seen, though, is if it might be an '08 attraction? Or even something in '07 that doesn't open with the park...who knows, it could happen.

Building X-Flight Mid-Season:

Cheaper: I'm sure it costs less to hire workers in better weather.

Concrete will cost less because its a different formula.

Marketing: "Look at our new attraction we are building!"

"Oh wow guys! We are going to have to COME TO THE PARK A SECOND TIME when this thing is built and spend more money in this park!"

Just my 2 lapbar clicks.

Building X-Flight Mid-Season:

Cheaper: I'm sure it costs less to hire workers in better weather.

Concrete will cost less because its a different formula.

Marketing: "Look at our new attraction we are building!"

"Oh wow guys! We are going to have to COME TO THE PARK A SECOND TIME when this thing is built and spend more money in this park!"

Just my 2 lapbar clicks.

Have buddies that work construction and are electricians. They receive the same pay whether it's winter or summer. Soooo, that's bad logic.

For all we know they have been working like crazy pourig footings and everything. Italian Jobs track didn't even arrive untill January of 2005 and then the coaster opened in May a month after Kings Island had opened. It could be done, we just have to wait andd see if the rumours are true.

-Jake