X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

I know these aren't the best pictures for seeing the restraints but from the pictures I don't see any differences. What is the difference? I'm not doubting because I know you know more on the subject than I do.

X-Flight

Borg Assimilator (Picture from when it was still Stealth)

They just feel different, and the surfaces are different as well. They work the same way, but they don't feel the same. And X Flight and Batwing never smell quite so horrid as Borg almost always does.

It also seems to take quite a bit longer to load and dispatch Borg than it does the other two (particularly a good thing given that Batwing and X Flight were both originally at Six Flags parks...and Six Flags parks that were not known for their prompt dispatches.)

As an aside, from my observations, X Flight has been run far more quickly and more often under Cedar Fair than was the case when Geauga Lake was Six Flags Worlds of Adventure.

If we really do end up getting X-Flight I can't wait.. I've been wanting to ride one of these coasters for a very very long time..

as for rather or not KI does get it.. well I'd say from the stuff we've seen so far it's about 70% correct.. all of Cedar Fair's park's that could handle a coaster this size already have something planned..

although it's also a possibility that they will sell X-FLight to another chain.

It's also not a possibility given that other chains are either in no position to be able to financially buy it, have very little interest in roller coasters at this time (not to mention in THIS particular type of roller coaster) and/or are more than able to buy a new one, which would cost little more than purchasing and relocating a Vekoma flyer.

In my opinion, this is just as much about getting the coaster out of the original park as was the Stealth:Borg transfer. The latter move was brought on by a need for space for a waterpark, whereas the current move is largely about "reducing the footprint" for Geauga Lake. The receiving park in both cases reaps a dividend that was not the primary focus of the coaster relocation: getting the thing OUT of the losing park was then and most probably is now the primary concern.

Exactly, Cedar Fair is decrasing the footprint of a park that is just too freaking large. Thank you SixFlags and Michigans Adventure is a small park that could greatly benefit from a new coaster. Michigans Adventure would go from a small park to more of a medium sized park. 2 really good coasters and a nice water park along with their collection of flats and go karts. Sounds pretty realistic and the move from GL wouldnt be that bad to MiA. Also it might actually benefit the park more than it would Kings Island. Thats debateable, but a worthy question.

Would X-Flight benifit Michigans Adventure or Kings Island more?

Well this is all starting to make sense. The rumors about Vortex being torn down are correct because X-Flight will be put in its place ;)

Seriously though, I dont think SoB will be SBNO for long if at all next seasson. They still have the remainder of the off seasson to work out the issues. Geesh I think I have said that every off seasson about SoB.

Maybe it is time that the just decide to call it quites on SoB and replace it with an Intamin Giga coaster called Beast Slayer. That would be cool and I wouldnt miss the loss of SoB too much if replaced with an Intamin

I still wouldnt say its 100% that KI is getting X-Flight

Dont Forget about Michigans Adventure, they havent received a new ride since Shivering Timbers and its a park that might want to try and increase its footprint.

Very untrue.

Shivering Timbers- 1998

Mad Mouse and Big Dipper- 1999

Grand Rapids- 2006

And thats all I know of off hand.

Cedar Fair didnt acquire Michigans Adventure till 2001, so the rapids ride is the first attraction that I know of them adding, but X-Flight would be Cedar Fairs first coaster addition to MiA since taking over opperations in 2001. Every other Cedar Fair park has received a new coaster in that time frame except Mia and GL, which received a massive Waterpark expansion.

Cedar Fair didnt acquire Michigans Adventure till 2001, so the rapids ride is the first attraction that I know of them adding, but X-Flight would be Cedar Fairs first coaster addition to MiA since taking over opperations in 2001. Every other Cedar Fair park has received a new coaster in that time frame except Mia and GL, which received a massive Waterpark expansion.

...and now is about to receive a negative addition....

SOB will NOT be operational before it is finally determined what caused the incident, and it is fixed, if necessary. Until that has been determined with some degree of certainty and any necessary changes or modifications have been identified, I don't see how any rational decision can be made about its future.

And I think that we've determined that the investigation is not set to end until the end of June. Knowing how affectively government investigations go, I can't see it finishing early. Even if the ride were to reopen, I'd bet it's SBNO at least next season.

The investigation may well end before then. But the litigation is highly unlikely to. By then, plaintiffs may well have hired their own investigators and be doing their own investigations, or even have them completed. And if the various investigations disagree as to the cause (and parenthetically, how it could be prevented from happening again), the real fun begins...so to speak.

I just don't see this resolving itself quickly...

In fact, it would not surprise me if X Flight ended up in Mason, Ohio, and the delay (or possible cancellation) in re-opening Son of Beast were a major factor in that decision.

The investigation may well end before then. But the litigation is highly unlikely to. By then, plaintiffs may well have hired their own investigators and be doing their own investigations, or even have them completed. And if the various investigations disagree as to the cause (and parenthetically, how it could be prevented from happening again), the real fun begins...so to speak.

I just don't see this resolving itself quickly...

In fact, it would not surprise me if X Flight ended up in Mason, Ohio, and the delay (or possible cancellation) in re-opening Son of Beast were a major factor in that decision.

Once the investigation is over a big portion depends on how quickly CF wants all this problem to go away. They can move to settle and resolve it quicky or they can stretch it out.

Guest TombraiderTy

I think that Son of Beast will reopen next year, at the latest June. If you do remember, they said that it would reopen in 2007.

I know what "they" said. I just don't see how "they" can know at this point.

It's not what they say, it's what is possible. Of course it is possible. It is just as much possible that it isn't possible....Why? Not all factors to re-opening the coaster are in Kings Island's, Cedar Fair's or even the State of Ohio's control at this point.

And I still think one reason that X Flight may very well be coming is that Cedar Fair knows it is unlikely that Son of Beast will open with the park next season, if at all.

In any event, this is the X-Flight thread. How will I feel if X Flight does come to Kings Island? Deliriously happy, almost to the maxx.

I doubt they want to make MIA a bigger park. The park is even harder to get to than CP. It's rather far from the highway, and it even seemed like we were driving through residental areas to get there. I doubt the residents of the area want even more visitors to the park.

Plus, the operations of the rides there was rather disappointing. The only coasters they ran with more than 1 train were Timbers and Mad Mouse. Their Corkscrew line took waaay too long for that ride, only because they only ran 1 train.

I don't doubt what was said or how it was said. I just think the decision makers:

* don't have all the facts yet.

* have a lot of things to consider.

* are far above the park level.

And yes, Captain, I know well the art of saying one thing and meaning another. Or saying what one is told to say.

The people at PKI are professionals. God bless them.

I doubt they want to make MIA a bigger park. The park is even harder to get to than CP. It's rather far from the highway, and it even seemed like we were driving through residental areas to get there. I doubt the residents of the area want even more visitors to the park.

Plus, the operations of the rides there was rather disappointing. The only coasters they ran with more than 1 train were Timbers and Mad Mouse. Their Corkscrew line took waaay too long for that ride, only because they only ran 1 train.

I thought the same thing UncleHenry. You have to drive about 10 minutes through normal one lane roads to get there and the sign age leading up to the park only says "Amusement Park This Way"

And if they expanded, they would have to remove a very large portion of Be-Bop Blvd (their car ride) and possibly Zach's Zoomer. Its true that there is a large portion of land where the train ride sits, but to access that via path way, you have to walk to the other side of the park. and I dont think they want to put a new coaster all the way over there where nobody can find it.

IF x-flight is going to be relocated in 2007 (I have not seen where this is true or not) then I would think site work would be underway at MIA (if that is were it might be going). It just seems to be that the cards are stacked in PKIs favor . Work being done behind The Racers, survey crew from the Cincy area at Geauga Lake. Plus, MIA received its largest single expansion since CFs take over just last year. I doubt MIA would receive two major additions in two years.

Well, we can't base it just off that. I mean, this year KI got a major expansion in a sence. Then again, the last two years have been family focused (IJ and Nick Universe.) It would be nice to see a new thriller come to our neck of the woods. Once more, I'd like to emphasize that a flyer would be a new and unique concept for KI, and we DO have the space.

Here's to a 2007 coaster =D

No, your right we can't just base it off of that. But, I think you can base it on history. CF has never invested into two big attractions in two years for MIA. PKI should receive a major investment every year, its one of the most profitable and most visited seasonal theme parks in the US. MIA is at best a small mid level park.

Shivering Timbers- 1998

Mad Mouse and Big Dipper- 1999

Grand Rapids- 2006

And thats all I know of off hand.

Time for the resident Michigan's Adventure person to step in.

You got the coasters for those two years right. Here's what CF has done for MiA in the rides area since they purchased it:

2002 - Skycoaster, Dodgems, HydroBlaster (dry waterslide), Be-Bop Blvd (car ride), Go Karts

2003 - Nothing (major infrastructure and landscaping, though)

2004 - Swan Boats

2005 - Funnel of Fear

2006 - Grand Rapids

And I'm not saying Michigan's Adventure is getting X-Flight, believe me. I honestly am not even close to a guess on where it's going, but to add fuel to the rumors when I drove by the park the other day I saw lots of heavy equipment back by Grand Rapids as well as what appeared to be footers... no clue if they are or not, but just something to keep in the back of your head.