X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

Point was, the ppl/hr statistic is over-exaggerated on most parks' web sites. FOF is a perfect example. Delirium is most likely too.

1st Point: Delirium has low capacity

2nd Point: Parks' web sites generally over-state

3rd Point: If you don't believe point 2, then check out FOF's ppl/hr

And just what was the longest you've waited for the two? I've been to the park on really busy days with Delirium's queue full and can wait half the time that I would for FoF only using its inside queues.

Theoretical capacity is going to always vary from actual capacity...and just as theoretical capacity can (and usually is..keyword usually) higher than what a ride actually achieves...it is possible for the ride to achieve a higher capacity than what the park rates it.

Nope...I've been following this thread closely. It just seemed as though you were all about making Delirium all 'low capacity' and fighting back every time someone had a differing view.

'Twas all. Not trying to start flaming you or anything...was just questioning your logic. ;)

Just my opinion on most rides. The opperation and staff are what truely effect the capcity of the ride. If you have a staff that is on top of the ride and are moving at a great pace the line will move quickly, you can have the same ride with either a short staff or one that just doesnt care and the line will move at a snails pace.

I think the best example is Magic Mountain. I have waited in line forever for some of their coasters (Goliath, Batman, etc) which have very good capacities when there was not a very big crowd and all trains running. The reasson for the wait was the lack luster staff and the fact they just didnt care.

Opperations of the ride would be my comparison of Dellirium and MaXair

THIS IS NOT A TOPIC FOR Delirium! IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT Delirium AND MAXAIR, MAKE A NEW TOPIC, NO WHERE IN THIS TOPIC TITLE IS EITHE RIDE MENTIONED!

This has been your UncleHenry shout of the day. This shout of the day has been brought to you by DAAP project week, where stress is born!

Nope...I've been following this thread closely. It just seemed as though you were all about making Delirium all 'low capacity' and fighting back every time someone had a differing view.

'Twas all. Not trying to start flaming you or anything...was just questioning your logic. ;)

It's all good. Sometimes, these threads get de-railed. :wacko:

^ Why don`t you leave the moderation to the moderators?

If whatever park gets X-Flight runs it with three trains, and both stations running, it could get decent capacity. Not as good as Vortex and Adventure Express, but certainly better than say Face Off which has a disimal 28 people per cycle.

And how do you know that? Who is to say that it didn`t get the same treatment that the third SoB train gets. Ie, it undergoes offseason maintenance during the summer so that they only have to do winter rehab on one of the two trains, in the winter, and just cycle out one of the trains the next summer to do its rehab.

Ultimately, probably part of the reason that it ran two trains at GL was because there were not long enough lines to require them to do so. But if it were at KI, it could get some long lines, which would make three train operation ideal. Now, if there were issues with three train operation, they might be able to iron out some of these issues when it is relocated.

Of course, that is still assumming that the ride is flying to KI. Which at this point has not been confirmed by the park. There are still other Cedar Fair parks it could go to. But one by one, as the other parks announce their attractions for 2007, the possibilities for which park X-Flight could go to become narrower and narrower.

I don't think you understood what I meant. What I am trying to say is why would the park need to buy an entire new train when they could just buy the parts they need from Vekoma? And who said ANYTHING about hate? There is a difference between discussion and hate. If you see any discussion as an expression of hate, you must have a very quiet and uneventful life. Feel free to JOIN in the discussion! That's why they call this a discussion board, not an agreement board. :)

Finally, if you truly hate this site, why do you come here? I find life much easier if I avoid those few things in life that I hate. . . .when I can do so...

well it would be stupid to sell the train all together because the other 2 trains will always need the spare parts. and stop hating on each other all the time. that's why i hate this site (and now someone will hate on me since i said that)

Shun the nonbeliever! Shun! Sssshhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnuh!

Oh, and 50 bajillion awesome points to whoever can say what thats a quote from.

well it would be stupid to sell the train all together because the other 2 trains will always need the spare parts. and stop hating on each other all the time. that's why i hate this site (and now someone will hate on me since i said that)

Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain

Three train operation isn't possible. The third train, once it was taken off by Six Flags, was used for parts for the other two. In other words, they'd have to buy a whole new train from Vekoma.

I see. So Vekoma doesn't sell the parts they used. How odd.

You know this how?

They could just buy the parts, sure.

I know this because one of the maintenance guys at Geauga posts on another site and relayed this information to us when we had the same questions about three-train operation.

Charlie the Unicorn goes to Candy Mountain

Hey I love that cartoon on newgrounds I do believe