X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

I believe that this occured during morning test runs, and as a result no one was on board the train when the incident occurred. I do believe that all the similar Intamin launched inverted coasters were temporarily shut down after the incident occured.

Wicked Twister did not close for this reason, but it does close often due to "Structural reasons" I love that metronome.

^

^

That is one of the scariest parts about ridding WT is watching the spike sway in the sky. Something just not right about that. I always ask myself how many years can that ride opperate before the spikes starting getting hairline fractures in them because of all the torque they go through in a seasson...

Kinda the same thing with woodies, If it dont shake its gonna break. But I would still imagine that the swaying towers will cause the metal to fatigue sooner than a rigid piece of track.

Still eventhough it does what it is supposed to it is very stomach churning to watch that thing sway as you wait in line. Just another reasson to love WT

The funny thing about the SoB incident is that at BeastBuzz, just weeks before the accident, Maureen made sure to point out how the wood in the rose bowl shakes when the trains go by and that it is supposed to do that...so in the case of Sonny...even if it shakes, it'll still break. ;)

(yeah..sick joke)

-Reclaimer...I'll be here all week-

^

^

That is one of the scariest parts about ridding WT is watching the spike sway in the sky. Something just not right about that. I always ask myself how many years can that ride opperate before the spikes starting getting hairline fractures in them because of all the torque they go through in a seasson...

Actually, the swaying is needed for all structures. All tall buildings sway also. All bridges do as well. The real problem is when the swaying become too large or become too frequent.

^

^

Actually, the swaying is needed for all structures. All tall buildings sway also. All bridges do as well. The real problem is when the swaying become too large or become too frequent.

Ever been in the Empire State building? Stand agaisnt one of the walls on the 86th floor, you can feel the building swaying. (What fun on an 8th grade trip)

Yea, I remember while looking up at Vortex one time when I was a child, and being afraid of it because of how much it shakes. (Right after the first drop there) Anyways, my mother then informed me that it was nessary for it to do so.

And have you actually see how much land X-Flight takes up? Or have you seen how much land is cleared at KI from the ground. Keep in mind that the aerial images can be slightly deceiving. I`m not saying that X-Flight is or isn`t coming to KI, as they have yet to announce anything for the 2007 season. Hopefully, that will come sooner rather than later. But if you are hoping for something bigger than X-Flight, you will likely be mistaken. I actually think that the clearing is just about the right size for X-Flight. But you never know exactly what tricks Kings Island has up their sleeves.

If you look at the amount of land cleared by FOF, it looks like a lot more land has been cleared than is needed for an x-flight coaster. Do you think there might be something more coming to KI???

I don't know about that... It seems to be almost the exact size as X-flight footprint if not smaller. I don’t think we would get anything bigger. I mean if you think about it, we kind of already have a hyper-coaster... its just made out of wood :P Well, we should know soon if we are getting X-flight; because it is being currently being dismantled. So shipping should be occurring sometime soon. I'm not very educated on the subject of transporting used coasters, but do they dismantle it and ship it once it is completely apart, or do they ship sections of it as it is being dismantled?

-Chris

(EDIT: ha looks like CoastersRZ beat me by a few minutes as I was typing up the my post almost identical to his lol.)

If I recall correctly, that area of land has a slow grade down from the FoF pavilion, does it not? I know that X-Flight was built on basically flat land (surprise, surprise, another Six Flags parking lot coaster), so the question is, how would this ride fit back there? If there is a grade to that plot of land, there are going to be some seriously goofy looking footers sticking WAY out of the ground (supports wouldn't all the way to the ground), that is, unless they re-grade the entire thing flat and perpendicular to the upright.

Then again, I may be completely wrong. From the recent flyover pictures, it's difficult to tell. Does anyone have a picture of that lot from the FoF pavilion?

You have to think though that they always have differences in land. You are probably never going to find two plots of land that are exactly the same. And since the plot of land by FOF isn't a huge downgrade I don't think that would be anything that they wouldn't be able to handle. That's just my opinion though.