X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

The name and description were both given to GR. I never got any follow-up from GR. I can assure you I visit so many parks so often I now no longer have any idea what his name was or what he looked like. And X-Flight was my favorite ride in that park. It drew me there often. It was like riding Borg, but without the lines (or the very friendly, professional staff...)

I can say that not once was I even remotely impressed with the crews on X-Flight. Now, the Big Dipper people were doing an excellent job, as were the people on Raging Wolf Bobs...

Well since you are the only one to ever have a bad encounter with the 2006 x-flight crew you can talk smack

People who have had a bad encounter with the 2006 X-Flight crew:

The Interpreter

ZosoBeast (Bill)

Dane (Dane)

CombatStupendous89 (Ronny)

BoddaH1994 (Ryan)

Anybody else wanna add a name to this list? ;)

... we dont care

WOW! You hit the nail on the head with that one!

I should also add that I don't personally know any other person on that list, but I can add friends from my area who have also told me about bad experiences with that crew...friends who are not park enthusiasts and who usually don't notice the first thing about ride ops...but they were sassed, treated badly and/or told me all about how they saw crews on that ride using the phone and game playing with each other instead of doing their jobs. These friends, by the way, are the same age I am, which is to say in their fifties. Apparently at least some on that crew think older people shouldn't be riding rides like X-Flight...one of my friends was actually asked if she was too old to be riding such a ride and did she realize how intense it was? She also went to GR...and heard...nothing.

Yep, they apparently don't care, including GR. They won't be having that problem at X-Flight at GLP this year.

Between breaks there are extra people and they are ussaly sent to do something instead of getting paid to "nothing" the guest can ask any questions as they are strapped in.

You do not know what is in our hand book... plus our sups tell us to do it.

Then your sups are wrong, and yes I do know whats in your handbook and I do know the specifics for the X flight handbook, I'm a former Paramount Parks and Cedar Fair employee and I'm well aware of what the rules and regulations regarding employee behavior are. Your sups tell you to do it? Well that obviously means you werent one like you claimed. Listen this is a fight you cant win, theres too much opposition here against you, I reccomend you stop, read the handbook, then take your passion for the job and turn it into something possitive for the next season at your park, turn around the parks bad reputation. "Pretending to be doing something" translates into "make sure the boss doesnt know I'm loafing". In my time since I've stopped working for amusement parks I have worked for two major retail stores and while the operations of both companies are far differnt than that of an amusement park, the customer service techniques are the same, you should be looking out for the customer, not for yourself, and when you pretend to be busy you become un-approachable to most people and your doing it so both your superiors and guests alike will avoid you. Now if 4 major amusment park chains (The Former Paramount Parks, Cedar Fair, Disney, and Six Flags (all of which I have updated guidebooks and specific ride manuals for)) and 2 major retailers whom I've worked for dont practice "pretend like your doing something" and all these companies are sucessful, then doesnt that tell you something? "Pretending like your doing something" is not an acceptable practice, and neither is most of the other things you kids claim to be doing, or claim to have been told to do. So follow your guide books, change your ways, and turn around your bad reputations.

I will say this. On the fourth day of Borg: The Assimilator operations at Paramount's Carowinds, it was running more smoothly and dispatching more quickly than I have ever seen Batwing OR X-Flight do.

Once again 1st gen and 2nd gen vekoma flyers are very diffrent

AND since there are plenty of guest that do not listen to the safety announcements and the time needed to dispatch a train the crew member has very little time to tell a guest that they need to keep their shoes on, put their hat away, take anything out of their hands, or even if their glasses have straps. If there are 2 trains going through 1 station then that forces the employee to have to go quicker, it may SEEM like the employee is being rude but they are trying to make it so that the guests on the trim do not lay on their back in the sun for more than 1 min. There is a lot of responsibilities that a crew member must do and guest do not listen to the announcements the employee either has to unlock a whole row and check it again messing up dispatch times or quickly tell guests what they must do. Many guests question but some crew members do not know, the ride manufacture told us to and some employees do not know there are many rules employees dont understand.

I am sorry you guys had a bad time at the park but just for everyone thats has not gone to the park here are some testimonies about people who love the park

http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode...p;TopicID=44756

"Although the food service employees weren't all that bright or attentive, I must give props to the ride-ops who not only interacted with us, but also asked us how our day was going, how we were doing, and how our ride was. This included ones over the PA & the indivudal ones who strapped us in (such as X-Flight). I appreciate that interaction and it helped with our overall guest experience."

That was a TR from MAY. Guess what happened in May? The park opened for the season. Guess what kind of mood the employees are in for the first few weeks of operations? A great mood.

Once the season gets in full swing, employees start to get burned out on the job. It happens everywhere...Geauga Lake, KI, GAdv, Disney, Universal, you name it.

When those employees start getting burned out, some do a pretty decent job hiding it from the guests so as to not ruin their experience. Others, however, simply *don't care* about the guests and their experience at the park. (Seeing a recurring theme here about the not caring?) These employees that don't care about the guest experience are the ones you see bickering back and forth at each other, yelling at guests, horsing around in the station, and "acting" like they're doing something, as you so elegantly put it.

I could elaborate quite a bit more on the subject if you STILL don't get it, but I'll leave this post as it is for now so that it can sink in.

...That is, unless you just don't care? ;)

I have had complements to the end, I even have 3 in one day :). But when I was in charge I always had my crew talk and take care of guests without hurting dispatch times. When the ride went down for any reasons we had employees talking to guests on the train and guest in line. I did my best to make my crew great. Plus i did not find any later trip reports that talked about any crews.

I had a great time at PKI I enjoy it more than Cedar Point, but i never remember any excellent employees that stood out besides the ones at The Beast that talked to us about Geauga Lake and how they are excited to go.

I know it's been said, but we are required to test ride each train on a coaster. And there is only so much we can clean with a pan and broom.... And we also can't be constantly doing it especially with a line. I love to GR while test riding it's a way to make yourself more personal, you're not just a ride associate that wants to run the ride that way.

I have had complements to the end, I even have 3 in one day :). But when I was in charge I always had my crew talk and take care of guests without hurting dispatch times. When the ride went down for any reasons we had employees talking to guests on the train and guest in line. I did my best to make my crew great. Plus i did not find any later trip reports that talked about any crews.

I had a great time at PKI I enjoy it more than Cedar Point, but i never remember any excellent employees that stood out besides the ones at The Beast that talked to us about Geauga Lake and how they are excited to go.

Thats because you obviously dont know what good guest service is about. Like woofer said, obviously with the attitude you have, if its the same attitude your crew has, you all need to get a crash course in what service excellence is. Woofer knew what this was about even back in the early 90's when he worked at KI so decent guest service isnt that new of a concept, I think its time you got off these boards and learned that. Change your attitude and make your crew and parks reputation better, rather than making excuses that no one here is buying.

I and at least one other poster here have ridden Flashback, but it was many years ago. Yes, I wish they had sold Magic Mountain. I agree, that park has incredible challenges, to be nice about it.

I remember that ride, Interpreter, and you are right, KABAM! I think we both looked at each other in astonishment, LOL. SFMM has so much potential. It had a super collection of rides, especially coasters. Here's hoping that there is still some hope left. I haven't been since 1999, but will be visiting again in April. Its going to be interesting to see how things have changed.....most likely for the worse :-( But as long as I get to try out X and Tatsu, I'm golden!

- Todd

• Like 1

Shooo man you and me both. I would love to have that feeling you get on X when you go down that first hill and you are looking straight down at the ground. Also when you go over the camelback hump and you do a backflip. Man that must be wicked.

I am also looking forward to getting a cool feeling on X-Flight. Man do i hope we get it.

I know I'm a bit late, but Mutedarkness I am really freaking sick of you. Number 1 KI ride operators are only allowed to ride the ride if they are working on that crew, and if they need to test that train for the day, because every train has to be ridden at some point in the day. Also, the seat must be free before you get in, and we always ask if we are going to sit next to someone. If you love Geagua Lake so much why don't you go post on their forums.

• Like 1

Besides, the only times I've seen ops ride is if it's a real slow, and I mean REAL SLOW, day and there's little to no one in line for the ride.

....or when I'm there on an off day and my friends are working the ride. :rolleyes:

I've worked Eco for three years now and have probably spent more time riding rides my first years than working (due to being a major minor back then), so I know what I'm talking about when I see the difference between good guest service and bad guest service.

Ooh.

Burn.

(was late on that one, too)

Anything is possible, a hotel somewhere around Six Flags Marine World let the new name Six Flags Discovery Kingdom slip early. And look at the new coaster at Knott's the company building the ride let the pic of the ride layout before Knott's announced the new ride. I mean don't get me wrong, I know King's Island is a big company and they don't want to make mistakes like that but there is always a chance that they accidently post the pics before they mean to, even if it just for 1 minute or 2.

Because it's quicker for them to make up news. ;)

Screamscape also posted an article about how "Cedar Fair may be dropping the Paramount name" Uhhhh...seriously? I bet that's news to everyone. Lance even goes so far as to provide a nice picture for everyone to further prove his point. O RLY? New season pass images?? Nahhhh...Couldn't be!

^

Yeah he is usually right on top of things. The only time recently that he had anything groudbreaking was with the Maverick layout. Then again the person with that picture tried to post it at point buzz, but that post was imediately taken down, so they went to screamscape. Afterall screamscape will post anything that could be remotely possible. I guess if you post enough guests you are bound to be right sooner than latter. Its like playing the lottery.

I for one am hoping X-Flight come to Kings Island I just wonder if they will re-paint it.

X FLIGHT will be open near the end of May. Its NOT going to Madv... there is no point to move it there. They will repaint it and it will be called Firehawk. This is what I am hearing. Take it or leave it. Expect another ride as well. Possibly near the old lazer tag building or adjacent to Firehawk

Edited by CoastersRZ