X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

I really dont care what it is called as long as it is not another Hawk. I rode the hang and bang at Darien Lake and it didnt really bang me too much but i must say it is one rough ride for a suspened coaster. Face/Off is more smoother than that thing.

Is there anyone on this board that resides near Aurora that would have the ability to tell all if and when track begins to disappear from the Geauga Lake parking lot? I'm getting kinda antsy to see if and/or when this mother is going to start flying down I-71.

Any bets as to when track will appear at the KI lot?

few things.

drove past the KI parking lot enroute to Great Wolf for a meeting today. No track; parking lot empty. like an idiot I even drove in the back parking lot (of the hotel.... nothing illegal) to see if I could see machinery of any sort. Nothing. Doesn't mean they're not working, just couldn't see anything.

As for the trademark. Typically if you're going to create t-shirts or any other promotional item for an attraction you want to make sure that the masses don't "bootleg" your work. I'm not saying that ThunderHawk isn't right.... but they'd have a trademark secured.

I have a friend that works for one of the media outlets in Cincinnati. He didn't say when but told me that Kings Island has a scheduled press conference in the near future for an "announcement"...... he made it sound like it would be in the month of January; as in the next few days..... but I didn't specifically ask when. hmmmm, I wonder what it could be........

Actually I expect them to announce the ride very soon. Since the Season Pass sales are way down then I think with announcing Firehawk the sales will go up. You don't have to believe me.... I don't care, I'm just letting you know.....

Troll,

I don't care if you want to tell people it's going to be called Firehawk or not, but you will NOT post things about season pass sales because A) you probably really have no idea and B) remarks like that are degrading to the park from a business standpoint. Please refer to this site's terms of service before posting again.

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Paramount's Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service.

I am pretty sure they wont be missing anything because I am probably almost 100% that they practice many times and I am sure they would realize they were missing something before the media is there and everyone taking time out of their day to cover the event it wouldn't make a lot of people happy if the park canceled the event.

I would imagine that X-Flight will keep the name X-Flight, after all it fits the area well and the ride has been known as X-Flight under Cedar Fair ownership. It was one of the only rides that didnt receive a name change when Cedar Fair bought Geauga Lake from Six Flags.

Although here are some possible name changes that I think would fit the ride and the Fort Cooper Area.

Aurora, Project Vulcan, Have Blue, Project 51, SkyStreak, Valkyrie

If anyone has been to the Air Force musem or is a fan of the various X-Planes most of these names will make sense. Still I think X-Flight is a great fit for the area. Maybe just a new color and station.

Project Vulcan I like that name and I think it would be pretty cool.

They probably all ready have a good guess when they will be finshed with the ride and its basically ready for transport as is from the looks of the pictures I have seen. Its just a matter of hauling the ride down here and rebuilding it. If it goes up as quick as it came down they just might be able to get this ride ready for the start of the vacation season.

^^ Aurora would be a good name, since that's where it's coming from, though I guess that was Railrider's reason for including it.

Whatever it will be named, I'm sure it will be well thought out and fitting. Just be glad the amusement park industry hasn't sunk to the level of professional sports. Or else we might be talking about the Skyline Chili Flyer.

Well actually Aurora was refering to one of the mythical X Planes developed at the Lockheed Martin Skunk Works. Just so happens its also the name of the town in which X-Flight is coming from.

Unfortuantely some amusement parks have sunk to the level of selling their naming rights.

Pepsi Max Big One and Playstation the Ride, both located at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Thankfully it is still a rarity in the industry, but more and more rides are sponsored by a company or product. Toyota sponsors Spiderman at IOA for example.

[Nothing wrong with selling naming rights: Infact I know Cedar Point had naming rights on some rides like Snake river falls sponsered by Pepsi:

And I see Kings Island doing this to a limited amount, but will happen, I do believe in the past some companies sponsered some ride I think it was white water canyon:

===========

The Beast Sponsered by Coca-Cola not bad:

as long as they don't go to extemes (example only ITJST now called BMW HIGHWAY ) that would be crazy:

or something like top gun being named American Airlines the ride:

yeh thats crazy:

Unfortuantely some amusement parks have sunk to the level of selling their naming rights.

Pepsi Max Big One and Playstation the Ride, both located at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Thankfully it is still a rarity in the industry, but more and more rides are sponsored by a company or product. Toyota sponsors Spiderman at IOA for example.

I think companies sponsoring rides really is nothing new its just getting beyond the Disney parks. If you go back to the 1964 worlds fair in New York Disney was able to get several companies to pay for the development of attractions that ended up in Disney Land. Pepsi paid for Its a small World. GE was The Carousel of Progress. Then the state of Illinois had Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Over the years just about everything has had someone sponsor it at some point. Even the sinks in the bathrooms have signs above them about how to wash your hands paid for by Georgia-Pacific. Who also pays for Lights, Motors, Action, camp fires at Ford Wilderness, brochures you get at the hotels, and napkins.

Some companies just seem to love to write checks to Disney. For example Siemens "As part of the deal, Siemens will sponsor several rides and attractions at Walt Disney World Resort including the Epcot icon, “SpaceShip Earth,†the nighttime Epcot fireworks show, “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth,†as well as new attractions that will be incorporated into Innoventions both at Epcot and at Disneyland Resort. The Sylvania lighting division of Siemens will sponsor Disney-MGM Studio’s holiday light show – “Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights,†as well as “Disney’s Electrical Parade†and “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams†at Disneyland Resort in California."

As long as companies leave it to the level Disney and Universal does I have no problem with it. While the rides are being paid for in part by a company its not like they run ads for the company or anything. The most interesting I have seen so far is after IllumiNations they use a powerful laser to write Sponsored by Siemens on Spaceship Earth. But it only stays up for a short time and it changes to Good Night in several languages and for the holidays they showed snow flakes falling etc I thought it worked really well.

I am just saying things do not always need to be trademarked or copyrighted

*NOT saying that it is gonna be called that or not.

Yes it does, and if you dont own the trade mark, certain contractural obligations must be in place, you can not just use a trademark that is owned by another company. CF had congratural rights from Six Flags to use the trade mark.