And nobody in all of ACE

No ACEr that there is or was

Is ever gonna bring me down!

PKI Guests:

Look at that! It's wicked! Ride it!

No ride more so wicked!

So we try to ride it now!

Haha I love it!

Welcome to Cincinnati: Home of the Reds, Bengals, and to a lesser extent the Mason Comets!

Hey! I take offense to the Mason Comets joke!

....actually, no I don't, they do suck. Never mind. :D

I am from KINGS and we are right next door.....GO KNIGHTS!!!!

Mike, class of '73

See I told everyone that I know what Im talking about!!!! HAHA

Don't start this again. You told nobody anything. We've been speculating X-Flight coming to KI since this past fall. Besides...you weren't even trying to tell us X-Flight was coming...you were trying to tell us it was getting named Firehawk.

Yeah the ride will go up unpainted, because they still will have to move it back to the construction site and then assemble the ride. Which means its going to receive a lot of paint chips as it is assembled. I wonder if they will keep it the same color scheme or some more Stealthy?

New coasters are painted before they are put up, so I don't see why it wouldn't paint be first. Seems like it would be more cost effective and take less time to be able to paint on the ground. As opposed to getting a cherry picker in the ride area. Plus there are be plenty of things going on in a ride area once installation begins without painters getting in the way.

New coasters are painted before they are put up, so I don't see why it wouldn't paint be first. Seems like it would be more cost effective and take less time to be able to paint on the ground. As opposed to getting a cherry picker in the ride area. Plus there are be plenty of things going on in a ride area once installation begins without painters getting in the way.

but would they have enough time to do everything till the opening day?

Well, if they paint the ride before they erect it, they will still have to do some touch ups once they get everything in place. Little scratches and dings are bound to occur when they move the ride from the staging area into its final position on site. Assuming, of course, that the ride is going back behind FoF and to Kings Island.

but would they have enough time to do everything till the opening day?

At this point it is not known that the new attraction will be ready on opening day. Although Cedar Fair has a much better record of having new attractions ready on opening day, it is not necessarily to be anticipated that the new attraction will actually be ready at the season's opening. Something tells me this is even more true for the coaster currently known as the loopless Son of Beast.

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble regarding the alleged new USED ride. Being a rider of XF for the last 4 years I must say CF is really giving PKI guests the shaft by sending them this USED ride instead of giving them a new one that they deserve. While XF may seem like a great ride in actuality it’s just a gimmick ride. Once you ride it the thrill is over and it doesn’t really warrant a re-ride. PKI is merely getting a USED troublesome ride that has terrible capacity. I think PKI ride ops are great but I don’t think anyone not even the designers can operate this USED ride efficiently. You will soon find out as you wait in your three hour plus line for a USED ride that’s in my opinion not worth a half hour wait.

I know that you think I might be a bit bitter because XF used to be at my home park and I am. I am bitter that CF took it without any warning, although in the long run I am sure it was the right business decision. I will not miss the ride but I will miss what it added to the park in perception.

I know if PKI was my home park I would not be happy to be getting a CRAPPY USED RIDE! So look around your park and don’t think it won’t happen to you but in the meantime good luck PKI – I hope you have fun with your new USED toy!

Oh yeah – for those who say GL has poor customer service you might want to actually make that 4 hour trip instead of believing what you hear.

Coasterdad, I've seen your other posts on other forums. You are so anti-X-Flight it's not even funny.

How about you let the guests think and decide for themselves.

As for "actually making the trip to GL". I've never been, so I can't say for sure what the customer service is like...but if you'd read some posts on here, a lot of the members here have gone to Geauga Lake and they hated the service.

It's too bad your first post had to be such a biased one. Not a good way to establish yourself.

Not to mention, between you and mutedarkness...I don't think I need to go to GL to see that the employees and local guests are negative.

I was never complained about at the lake. I recvied many complents tho.

For the whole used x-flight thing some people like the vekoma flyer, I mean I liked working it and thats about it. For coasters lover it just has a negtive name to it hopefuly KI will change that negtive view and make it a good ride.

I know if PKI was my home park I would not be happy to be getting a CRAPPY USED RIDE! So look around your park and don’t think it won’t happen to you but in the meantime good luck PKI – I hope you have fun with your new USED toy!

Oh yeah – for those who say GL has poor customer service you might want to actually make that 4 hour trip instead of believing what you hear.

I used to live about 15 minutes from GL a few years back. My family used to have season passes to GL. I thought that the workers were much more friendly back before SF days then now. I never experienced the "attitude" back then. I certainly experienced that last time I visited. I have not gone back. I hope that have changed. If not, I will not go back to the park. Some companies had annual picnics at Geauga Lake but stopped going there for the same reason.

I, for one, have ridden X-Flight and loved it. Quite a number of people I know also thought that the ride was quite good. Only thing they thought was strange was that they were laying down once the ride starts. Keep in mind that these were "general public" people who remembered no other ride except for X-Flight. Is it a gimmick? Maybe. Then again, isn't most of coasters such as floorless and inverted "gimmicks" as well? Let people decide if the new USED ride is good or bad. Borg and Phoenix certainly had new and better lives after the relocation.