X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

Canada's Wonderland is definently a wonderful park. ANyone know what the real story was with Australia's wonderland? Why wasnt it made into a Paramount park?

I am not to sure but I will look into it for you. All I can tell you about Australia's Wornderland is gone and nothing left.

When Carl Lindner sold KECO to Paramount Parks, Australia`s Wonderland was sold to a group of Australian investors. Australia Wonderland was developed by Taft Broadcasting in 1985, and was under the control of KECO.

Incidentally, back in 1992 before the KECO parks were sold to Paramount, Carl Lindner had announced that he had canceled KECO management contract with Kings Island (a ten year contract) and he would manage Kings Island himself after the 1992 season. Obviousely, since he sold Kings Island and the KECO parks, he never managed Kings Island on its own. Incidentally, when Paramount bought the KECO parks, KECO only had a 20% stake in Canda`s Wonderland. Two other developers of that park, JDS Investments, Ltd, and Bramalea Ltd, owned the other 80% of that park. In 1993, Paramount paid $55.3 million (Canadian) to buy the remaining 80% stake in Wonderland.

I know, more information than what you asked about, but still interesting information since the Paramount Parks were recently acquired by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Kind of ironic that the "Entertainment Company" aspect of the name was chosen for the new public name of Cedar Fair, L.P.

Well, he never managed Kings Island himself, because KECO`s contract went through the 1992 season. He was set to manage Kings Island in 1993, but he sold KECO before he had a chance to manage KI on his own. That is a very good thing, that he never directly managed KI.

I don't want to start a new thread so I'll just ask this here.

My mother was taking my grandpa to the hospital for a test around 6AM today, so it was still pretty dark outside. She said that they were tying to figure out what this thing on a semi trailer was and realized it was a coaster. She said it "looked like one of those where the trains hang off the sides of the track" which knowing her, she means a B&M. She also said she thought it was blue as well. It was heading south on I-64, somewhere in the area of Charleston WV I'm guessing. So, any idea where this coaster was going?

All of their track and supports for North American rides are made at Clermont Steel Fabricators, LLC (formerly Southeren Ohio Fabricators) based in Batavia, Ohio, which is the country seat for Clermont County. Batavia is located off of route 32, which intersects with I-275.

Yea, thankfully Lindner didn't directly manage the park. They may have ended up getting into a deal that would "trade" The Beast to Americana for "the Serpent," "Screechin' Eagle," the Sky Ride and a coaster to be named later. The serpent would have rusted through in the first year. Eagle would have set the precidence for wood-splitting years before SOB would have. Sky Ride would have failed to work at all- and the player (I mean coaster) to be named later would turn out to be the best in the trade- but they'd fail to keep it long term and lose it the following year.

No, just joking. The contributions that the Lindner family (namely Carl) has made to the Greater Cincinnati area far exceeds the contributions and goodwill that probably all members of this site combined could do.

^

Very funny, yet true in so many ways.

Yes the Linder Family has made great contributions to the community, but they have also been very shrewed in buisness. Still love how he managed to get the stadium built by having the county and tax payers pay for it and then with the money he saved he didn't invest any back in to the team. Great work.

I pass KI every day on the way to/from work. The truck is not there anymore and it looks like the entire coaster is pretty much laying in the lot.

I keep hoping to see some big trucks hauling track into the park along that access road, but haven't yet. I'll let you know if I see anything of the sort.

I pass KI every day on the way to/from work. The truck is not there anymore and it looks like the entire coaster is pretty much laying in the lot.

I keep hoping to see some big trucks hauling track into the park along that access road, but haven't yet. I'll let you know if I see anything of the sort.

gotta get the supports out there first

I could've sworn I saw some support beams along the right side. It looks like they have straight track on the left side of the lot and curved on the right....and then long metal beams to the right of that.