X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

Anyone know where in the park the coaster was orignally supposed to be installed? if so, that could be a hint as to where it may end up now. i mean the surveying and such was probably already done when this coaster was planned for pki, since we know its a long process of planning, purchasing and constructing.

It is my understanding that the orignial site for the Flyer was basically the site that IJ now stands on. If I remember correctly though, they were only going to remove the south set of 'Tiques and the coaster was going to pass over the walkway and over the lake.

I have no clue why I never mentioned this earlier, but a while back in June, I was heading into work at the park one morning, and I remembered seeing the general manager of PKI, some other guy, and a chick who appeared to be from Vekoma (aka, she had a messenger bag with the Vekoma logo on it) walking to the administrative offices. I guess they were discussing plans for something next year involving a Vekoma ride, I mean, what else would ONE chick with a VEKOMA messenger bag in BUSINESS attire be doing at Kings Island? :huh:

Yes, it's true that there are not many Vekoma flyers around. However, I have been on X-Flight many times and it is a good, thrilling ride. Not uncomfortable or bumpy. That's why I want it to come to KI.

Amen. I much prefer the Vekoma flying coasters to their brethren from B and M. Much.

Interesting :huh:

remember that a really high capacity for a roller coaster, we will say an arrow hyper coaster that forces you to move some tail or it will set up and prevent the ride from operating until the track has been released with a key.

that specific ride is approx. 1944, and the B&M inverted nearby... is approx 1920. and each get about 12,000-15,000 on an average day.

the Giant Frisbee there has the same projected capacity as Delirium, at around 300 RPH. and you can stick near this to make about 2,400 riders per day, its not diffucult to get high capacity, it just requires the hosts to move some tail, also at that frisbee, all riders get checked twice!

one would assume that the X-flight attraction wont have the best roller coaster attendance as one could imagine, but its not going to be the least. i mean it does have a considerably large train. not 12 seaters, and only 3 of them.

Is there any way some one around Kings Island could get some pics of this "cleared land"? If I remember right there wouldn't be much to clear anyway. The field next to FoF is already pretty big.

There's no way to do that unless it's from a plane. Said land is too far back in the park and surrounded by thick woods.

Just curious, but,when is 600ppl per hour considered high capacity?

for a flat, its pretty good...

mainly the capacity is based off of a projection, once again, Magnum CAN do 1944, but it normally gets only 1700-1800, its all based on crew efficiency, and guest assistance. if the guest takes a LONG time to load... (height issues, loose articles) then yes, the seconds are being deducted. fill the seats quickly, check them quickly, dispatch safely.

consider this.

the Red Devil is a circular ride, containing 24 seats, it has an estimated hourly capacity of approx. 450 pph.

if you fill all seats, then 450 is easy to attain.

if you miss one each time, then your capacity shrinks to maybe 425 per hour.

losing 300 riders in a day!

but if you take a minute to fill the seat, then capacity goes down more! 350-375... losing approx. 1200 riders in the day! look at those numbers!

the key, go safely and efficiently.

one thing you can never get back, is an empty seat.

just like hotel rooms. you cant get that money back, its not like retail, its tourism. people want efficiency, safety, and as little concern on their part as possible.

and typically the rides at CP slow down due to guest problems, such as heights, and loose articles, elderly guests, and handicapped persons.

I am hoping this talk about capacity spells it out a little more. you see, if the X-Flight has a duration of 2:10, and there is a load time of approx 1:20, then you can infer that a "full cycle" is 4 min. decent, not great but ok. 6 cars per train. 4 across, so 24 riders, and thats just one train. so you get 24*15 360RPH for just one train, now multiply it by 3 since it can run 3 trains! 1080 per hour for 3 train operation... an "optimum capacity" and RCDB reports... 1430 RPH... so... you can tell that the capacity is not all that low!

its not a people eater... but it surely isnt a HUGE LINE attraction...

Kudos to CF's-KI!

Just curious, but,when is 600ppl per hour considered high capacity?

for a flat, its pretty good...

Approx. 1,000 riders per hour is maXair... and it makes 32 individual swings... 5 full height swings... so that makes maXair a bit longer too...

KI? where is the Delirium Dreamer? she can really Zip along oh her seats!!

You're saying that it has a higher capacity than what is projected? That usually is not the case. It is usually over-stated if anything. So, if it is projected at 600, then 450 is more like it. I thought it was kinda strange though, becuase on Huss' web site, it says 1,000 per hour and PKI's says 600.

Is there any way some one around Kings Island could get some pics of this "cleared land"? If I remember right there wouldn't be much to clear anyway. The field next to FoF is already pretty big.

There's no way to do that unless it's from a plane. Said land is too far back in the park and surrounded by thick woods.

Captain Nemo :rolleyes:

MaXair does tend to have a quicker line, but it really isn't that much faster. The capacity of a ride is really based upon the guests ability to sit down quickly and not fumble all over the place before sitting down.

Thank you.

and yes the 600 estimate is called the "wishful letdown" I like to call it.

a "wishful letdown" is as such, you estimate something kinda low... like an hourly capacity or a long line at a ride, if you say 1 hour wait, and its only 40 min, then you have had people expecting an hour wait, but they really got less, they were hopeful for that letdown, but got excited about the shorter. you can expect that capacity, but in fact it can become larger.

That last part didnt come out the same.

maXair v. Delirium...

Hmm, which Giant Hussie Wins?

totally maXair!

Im sorry if i offended you Reality 15 but i was just curious, I wasnt attacking. From what i read on this site and others is that all we really know is that the ride is being dismantled and sent to another CF park. We can speculate as to were the new location will be but it will be just that, speculation.

lets get back on topic. who cares about delirum or maxair, its the same ride!

anyone heard more about x-flight? i sure wish shaggy would show up and give us a little insight!

and ya know... i have been thinking....i dont know if this has been mentioned before, but

CF said they were going to go ahead iwth paramount's plans... so whatever is coming in 2007 was probably planned before CF took over, and X-Flights removal was probably planned before hand as well. This makes it more likely to me that it would go to a previously owned CF park. I'm hoping for PKI, but i'm betting on MIA right now.

anybody wanna chime in?

anyone heard more about x-flight? i sure wish shaggy would show up and give us a little insight!

There isn't much Mr. Shaggy can reveal that hasn't been said before. I would take a look around you, some of your colleagues have hit the nail on the head already... and probably didn't even know it.

...and for about the eleventh time, Cedar Fair has NEVER said they would do what Paramount Parks had planned. They HAVE said they would be using the same level of capital investment that was planned. Money levels? Yes, substantially. Same things? Nope.

And maXair and Delirium were virtually the same rides when they left Huss, but they have not had the same operations or the same mechanical histories. To put it mildly.

MaXair does tend to have a quicker line, but it really isn't that much faster. The capacity of a ride is really based upon the guests ability to sit down quickly and not fumble all over the place before sitting down.

Thank you.

and yes the 600 estimate is called the "wishful letdown" I like to call it.

a "wishful letdown" is as such, you estimate something kinda low... like an hourly capacity or a long line at a ride, if you say 1 hour wait, and its only 40 min, then you have had people expecting an hour wait, but they really got less, they were hopeful for that letdown, but got excited about the shorter. you can expect that capacity, but in fact it can become larger.

That last part didnt come out the same.

maXair v. Delirium...

Hmm, which Giant Hussie Wins?

totally maXair!

That's not true at all. Most park web site over-estimate their riders per hour. So, if anything, it would be less than 600.