X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

PKI was spossto get a flying duchman. Maybe they still have the plans that could speed up the process

We were actually supposed to get what is now known as X-Flight. It was slated to go where Delirium now stands, but after they saw a finished Stealth at PGA they were not happy and it was nixed, that is why Geauga Lake and Six Flags America both got Flying Dutchmans, becuase they were parks close to the Paramount Parks that were supposed to get them.

^Thats a misconception, but your not that wrong. Stealth, was originally slated for PKI instead of PGA. Park manager at the time, Tim Fischer rejected the idea and concept in favor of eventually developing the SOB concept to a reality. The Stealth concept then went to PGA and the first flying dutchman was born. Paramount had made agreements with Vekoma to eventually purchase two more flying dutchmen for their other parks. After Stealth had so many problems, paramount broke off the agreemetn with Vekoma and although payed vekoma to develope plans and designs for two more models, decided not to build any more. Six Flags then seized the oppourtunity and purchased the designs and now you have what is known as X flight and Batman KNight Flight. When PP decided to re-locate stealth to build a new waterpark at PGA, the original decision was to move it to PKI. Overburdened with the rising SOB problems, Stealth was rejected a second time by Tim Fischer, and the decision was made to move it to Carowinds.

Hmmm, funny how things work out. Seems like this is just one of those things that was destined to happen sooner or latter.

I wonder if they ever second guessed their decision to build Son of Beast instead of putting a Flying Dutchman in? Kinda the less of 2 evils at that time, but now that decision just kinda hurts.

Combatstupendous89 is right, but the two Flying Dutchmen that Six Flags bought were X Flight at Geauga Lake (as he said) and Batwing (at Six Flags America). Batman Knight Flight (now known as Dominator) is a B and M floorless coaster at Geauga Lake (then known as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure). And, if I may say so, the latter coaster can't hold a candle to anything named Medusa.

If I recall correctly, that area of land has a slow grade down from the FoF pavilion, does it not? I know that X-Flight was built on basically flat land (surprise, surprise, another Six Flags parking lot coaster), so the question is, how would this ride fit back there? If there is a grade to that plot of land, there are going to be some seriously goofy looking footers sticking WAY out of the ground (supports wouldn't all the way to the ground), that is, unless they re-grade the entire thing flat and perpendicular to the upright.

Then again, I may be completely wrong. From the recent flyover pictures, it's difficult to tell. Does anyone have a picture of that lot from the FoF pavilion?

Magnum has soom footers that are almost level with the ground and others that are about 4' tall, its designed to be on flat land, but the footers allow it to adjust slightly to major changes in land, and they simply dug areas out for some of the "low zones"

really... its simple.

^

^

^

No No No, You are wrong about Magnum and its footings. The ones that are level with the groud are the ones that are currently sinking and the taller ones are the newly replaced footings that were sinking. Geesh Legend everyone knows Magnum is sinking... ;)

Geauga Lake Today updated the site (no pictures) on Dec. 30 with a quick deconstruction update:

As I drove by the park this morning, I noticed X Flight was still pretty much the same since the Friday before Christmas - there hasn't been anymore track removed from the ride. Workers were in the process of removing the supports from the area that already had track removed, making way for access to the next section to be dismantled - the lift hill and loop. The supports are being stored in the parking lot along with the track. Geaugalaketoday.com

In the past Kings Island has gotten rid of a ride in order to put in a new one. As much as I like X-Flight I would hate to see Son of Beast torn down for a flying Vekoma coaster. I don't think MIA will get the coaster because they are a small park and mostly water park and they have a similar season as GL.

When I rode X-Flight, I hated it. But I was just at that age where I hate every Coaster. I've been wanting to go back to Geauga Lake, but they only have a few coasters. And with Kings Island be closer, and having The Beast, Son of Beast, and FoF, my three top favorites, I'd choose KI.

Hmmm.

Mutedarkness: I've ridden X-Flight, Batwing, Borg the Assimilator (all Vekoma Flying Dutchmen); Superman at Six Flags at Over Georgia, Great America and Great Adventure and Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Of those, my favorite, by far, is Tatsu. Of the rest, the first three are better, in my opinion, than any of the B and M triplets (though Georgia's supposedly has the most intense pretzel loop, I find the other two to have the more intense ones, and I don't much care for that element anyway.)

I often go to Great Adventure and don't even ride Superman. I can't imagine going to Geauga Lake without riding X-Flight. Even thinking about that makes me sad. And the line for Borg is often up to two hours...and, in my opinion, worth it.

I had Villain in my top 5 wooden coaster for many years until I rode that 3 years ago. It became rather awful over the years. I hope that retracking will improve the ride.

I rode Superman at SFGAm and SFOG along with X-Flight. I really though X-Flight was a better coaster. Then again, this is only my own opinion.

I have not ridden any of the Flying Dutchmen coasters such as X-flight, but My mom and I rode Superman at SFOG last year, and it was by far the smoothest Roller Coaster that my mom and I had ever ridden, and a nice exciting ride. The only downside was the ride kept breaking down so we waited for about an hour and a half to ride it, it was well worth the wait. Having stated how smooth it was I really hope that X-flight is more intense and just as smooth. Still to this day, the five smoothest coasters that Ive ever ridden are Superman, Montu, Kumba, Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM, and Mindbender! what about you all?

I enjoy X-Flight much better then Superman at other parks because you go up the lift hill on your back and you can't see where you are going until it flips over at the top. I hope those who haven't rode X-Flight agree this is a coaster worth being saved. I hope that KI get's it only time will tell.

I have not ridden any of the Flying Dutchmen coasters such as X-flight, but My mom and I rode Superman at SFOG last year, and it was by far the smoothest Roller Coaster that my mom and I had ever ridden, and a nice exciting ride. The only downside was the ride kept breaking down so we waited for about an hour and a half to ride it, it was well worth the wait. Having stated how smooth it was I really hope that X-flight is more intense and just as smooth. Still to this day, the five smoothest coasters that Ive ever ridden are Superman, Montu, Kumba, Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM, and Mindbender! what about you all?

[joking mode] You must be mistaken. Everyone knows only Intamins and Vekomas break down. B and M's NEVER break down. [/joking mode]