X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

X-Flight is very smooth, especially when you consider its a Vekoma.

X-Flight is a great ride, will be a great addition to KI, especially seeing as the majority of KI's guests probably have never been to GL or ridden X-Flight.

I do hope that it gets a better name at KI.

Well, I like all coasters so I welcome X-Flight! Most of my friends dont like Top Gun cuz its too short, but i love it, its a ride, its fun, so I enjoy it...simple. So, if X-Flight is even halfway decent, then woohoo, im excited I now have another 15-20 minutes wait+ride time that I dont have to wander around the park wondering which ride Ill ride for the 20th time that day. because that is what happens now, I can get throught the whole park 2-3 rides on each ride, maybe like 7 on racer and 4 on Vortex in only like 3-4 hours if you hit them at the right times...that gets boring when you go as much as I do!

Well, I like all coasters so I welcome X-Flight! Most of my friends dont like Top Gun cuz its too short, but i love it, its a ride, its fun, so I enjoy it...simple. So, if X-Flight is even halfway decent, then woohoo, im excited I now have another 15-20 minutes wait+ride time that I dont have to wander around the park wondering which ride Ill ride for the 20th time that day. because that is what happens now, I can get throught the whole park 2-3 rides on each ride, maybe like 7 on racer and 4 on Vortex in only like 3-4 hours if you hit them at the right times...that gets boring when you go as much as I do!

I gotta agree. When I went this summer, I was able to ride The Beast 11 time. I eventually got a headack, and we left just after 5. X-Flight will be a great addition, and it will kill a little bit of the lines on the other rides.

For the first five years, expect long lines. It's like that with every coaster. I don't care if it opens in 2007, the lines will be so long, that I'm probably gonna wait till 2008 to ride it. I did that with ISJT. I went in June in 2005, and at 10, the tickets were are 9 o'clock to ride it.

Sadly, X-Flight has a low riders her hour, but it will, "hopefully" even out.

It'll be interesting to see how Cedar Fair will want the rides set up to run. If they want to block breaks on full blast or not?

I thought CF last year had the brake on like never before. FoF at PKD had the train coming to practical stop for years as well. PKI FoF did not have the train coming to near stop (at least for five years) until last year. At times during spring, there was no mid-course brake engaging at all.

What I really want is the magnetic brake being turn off on The Beast!

Well, the only way they can be turned off is if they are actually removed from the track area. I believe in preseason, before the ride is running up to normal summer speed, they remove one of the magnetic trims from the top of the second hill (it can usually be seen on the catwalk next to the brakes that they didn`t remove).

It'll be interesting to see how Cedar Fair will want the rides set up to run. If they want to block breaks on full blast or not?

I thought CF last year had the brake on like never before. FoF at PKD had the train coming to practical stop for years as well. PKI FoF did not have the train coming to near stop (at least for five years) until last year. At times during spring, there was no mid-course brake engaging at all.

What I really want is the magnetic brake being turn off on The Beast!

CF had nothing to do with the braking on FoF at either PKD OR PKI. PKD's slammed into the brakes even AFTER they added the lapbars. It was PKI's, however, that was unchained and allowed to run brakeless. Definitely a tremendous ride! I believe it was 2005 though that saw the braking come into play. I remember being even more disgusted, cause not only had we lost the Flying Eagles (a favorite of mine) but they also killed FoF (another favorite of mine). What I don't understand is, the other two versions at SFA and Fiesta Texas run perfectly fine without a brake. Not that its possible because there isn't a brake to be used, but still.....

- Todd