X-Flight coming to PKI?

Delirium_Guy

Guest faceoff

I think this is a reality. I have been to geauga lake the past several years and there is always just a

handful of cars(that could fit in your average grocery store parking lot). When you have a rollercoaster

train that can hold 25 people and there are three people riding-not good for business. I am no financial

wizard,but i can't see how they are making a profit. I can see Cedar Fair moving the good rides to other

Cedar Fair parks and selling the rest. Then either have a waterpark park by itself called wildwater kingdom

or moving the waterpark to already existing waterparks and sell the land and then see a new shopping

center or apartment complex there. If i were you,i would visit the park as much as possible while still

there.

***EDIT***Before you read this post...After looking at the photobucket address the picture came from, I saw that it was Harvestofyoursorrow's. Same guy as on PKIC? Not really sure...but just thought I would go ahead and throw that out there.

Well, I just spent the last half hour reading Geaugaguide.com's topic on this. Somebody had posted this.

IPB Image

The topic was pretty entertaining actually. It started out with like 3 people saying it was moving, and everyone else like "ZOMG! N00BZ! LOLZ! ITS N0T G0inG 4NYWH3R3!" By page 30, those people were like, "We owe them an appology..."

Sorry if that picture has already been posted.

Edited by tubaman

Like the picture, but I think it would take up a little more room than that. Honestly looks a little small sitting next to the FoF building. Must just be how the picture was sized to fit between the pathys.

About the removal of X-Flight, not that surprising that CF took it out, because they are trying to reverse the damage Six Flags did. Six Flags added so much so quick that attendence never kept up or caught up with the new size of the park. So by having an enormous park with small park attendance, the park needed to run a larger staff to keep everything going and in good shape. Cedar Fair is trying to decrease the size of the park because it doesnt make sense to staff that many people when the park is only averaging around 700,000 guests annualy.

I would say that the only possible former paramount park that could get XFlight is KI, but dont count out the other Cedar Fair parks. I could see this fitting well at a few of their existing parks. Should be interesting to see what happens with this ride.

I'm kinda thinking the X-Flight picture needs to be rotated a bit, namely that H at the bottom left corner would be lined up to the old Helicopter Pad. I'm just saying that because it would kind of be even with the mechanical road next door.

If this IS true, then they'll definitely need to widen the FOF path to accommodate all those guests. You wouldn't believe how crowded it was during FearFest with the line for the Asylum, PsychoPath, AND Flight of Fear bunched together. Well, imagine a flyer like X-Flight moving in next door, and watch THAT mess occur. :blink:

You know Im thinking about the placement next to FoF. Think about it you could have a whole Area 51 theme for that section in the park. You have Flight of Fear with the captured ufo and now X-Flight which could easily be themed to Area 51 as a stealth project or black project (skunkworks anyone). Could add some nice seating around the area, a food stand, and even a flat ride or 2. Along with some security fences, beacon lights, some military equipment, and some nice ambient sounds and Kings Island would have a pretty unique themed area.

Like the picture, but I think it would take up a little more room than that. Honestly looks a little small sitting next to the FoF building. Must just be how the picture was sized to fit between the pathys.

About the removal of X-Flight, not that surprising that CF took it out, because they are trying to reverse the damage Six Flags did. Six Flags added so much so quick that attendence never kept up or caught up with the new size of the park. So by having an enormous park with small park attendance, the park needed to run a larger staff to keep everything going and in good shape. Cedar Fair is trying to decrease the size of the park because it doesnt make sense to staff that many people when the park is only averaging around 700,000 guests annualy.

I would say that the only possible former paramount park that could get XFlight is KI, but dont count out the other Cedar Fair parks. I could see this fitting well at a few of their existing parks. Should be interesting to see what happens with this ride.

Exactly.

Remember that Cedar Fair has a lot of work to do to undo the damage that Paramount had done to the parks as well. They certainly have their hands full.

Yes, I would think that the station would be placed closer to the Flight of Fear midway. And with that last image, I doubt they will site the ride in that manner, because if basically obliterates the maintenance path that lead back into the woods. IF PKI is getting the ride, I would imagine that the station will be near or between the flight pad and the maintenance road. The lift would run either parallel with the maintenance road or parallel to the launch portion of FoF`s building.

What damage is that exactly? Like add their world class Cedar Fair entertainment? All the CF entertainmetn I've seen has been garbage, not the actors, but the shows themselves. Paramount Parks under Paramount were world class and worl re-nowned. Not every decision was great, but Viacom did more for the park than Carl Linder was going to. I think you mean undo the damage of CBS with their certain modifications, insane price hikes, increase of commercials and advertisements, staff cuts, and wage cuts. Paramount Parks under Viacom was nice, Paramount Parks under CBS sucked.

• Like 1

^

^

Did you ever see Snoopy on Ice? That was a very good show and was pretty unexpected compared to the other entertainment at Cedar Point.

I do hope that Cedar Fair adopts the production qualities that KI has with School of Rock, but that is the only thing I hope Cedar Fair adopts from Paramount Parks.

^

^

Did you ever see Snoopy on Ice? That was a very good show and was pretty unexpected compared to the other entertainment at Cedar Point.

I do hope that Cedar Fair adopts the production qualities that KI has with School of Rock, but that is the only thing I hope Cedar Fair adopts from Paramount Parks.

It would actually be nice if they kicked it up a notch (or 10) and tried to match the quality of the KECO shows.

If X-Flight does indeed make its way to Kings Island all I will want to know is if the restraints will be just as uncomfortable as Six Flags America's Batwing. I admit the ride was a wonderful experience and something I had never felt before on a roller coaster but the restraints took so much away from the experience. It was one of the most uncomfortable restraints I had even had on. Knowing X-Flight is the same layout I hope that the restraints are not like those of Batwing.

I found the restraints on X-Flight to be very comfortable. The best way to describe them were like a vest made out a softer more elasticy rubber that almost craddles your upper boddy in the restraint. Seemed very comfortable everytime I rode. I thought the restraints felt secure yet offered a lot of freedom of movement for the rider.

Heres some more speculation about X-Flight. Besides coming to KI I think the second best place for the coaster would be Michigans Adventure because they havent had a new coaster since Shivering Timbers.

Also I have heard a rumor that there was a survey crew at GL and their vehicle said the company was from Mason Ohio. Im pretty sure there are good survey companies up north, so if this rumor is true I would say it adds more fuel to the XF coming to KI.

The offseasson is so much fun

If X-Flight does indeed make its way to Kings Island all I will want to know is if the restraints will be just as uncomfortable as Six Flags America's Batwing. I admit the ride was a wonderful experience and something I had never felt before on a roller coaster but the restraints took so much away from the experience. It was one of the most uncomfortable restraints I had even had on. Knowing X-Flight is the same layout I hope that the restraints are not like those of Batwing.

Captain, there is NO difference in the restraints on Batwing and on X-Flight. It's Borg that is the unique one...it was the prototype. Borg's restraints literally SMELL! Even on the first day of the season, invariably it brings to mind:

"Aren't you glad you use DIAL? Don't you wish every body did?"

Captain, there is NO difference in the restraints on Batwing and on X-Flight. It's Borg that is the unique one...it was the prototype. Borg's restraints literally SMELL! Even on the first day of the season, invariably it brings to mind:

"Aren't you glad you use DIAL? Don't you wish every body did?"

I know these aren't the best pictures for seeing the restraints but from the pictures I don't see any differences. What is the difference? I'm not doubting because I know you know more on the subject than I do.

X-Flight

Borg Assimilator (Picture from when it was still Stealth)

• Like 1