Delirium_Guy

This is how I look at things.

in 2000 we got SOB, a ride to bring back coaster seekers

in 2001 we got the Nick Expansion to bring back Families

in 2002 we got TRTR to bring back thrill seekers

in 2003 we got a new Thrill ride and Family ride

in 2004 we got a new and improved waterpark

in 2005 we got a family coaster

in 2006 we got a new and improved kids area.

I look for a pattern, each year a new attraction is built to bring back a crowd of a certain thrill level,

2000: Thrill

2001: Kids

2002: Thrill

2003: Thrill and Kids

2004: Family

2005: Thrill and Kids

2006: Kids

Do you see a pattern? It is all part of marketing, to bring back a group of people. If we were to go by this pattern guess what would come next... Thrill. And after that it would be Kids in case you were wondering.

It's all about who will bring in the most $$$.

If that is the case, then X-Flight might be going there. Where you able to get any pics of the heavy equipment or the footers? Since it sounds like you live in the area.

Nope, I didn't because my camera was stolen from my dorm a week ago and I just went and got a new camera last night. Not to mention that area is hard enough to see because it's covered on two sides by wooden roller coasters and the other by trees.

I live about 45 minutes away, just west of Grand Rapids. I was driving back to school from home (Okenawa) and figured I'd stop by since it was on the way.

A lot of posts over on Coasterbuzz (as well as a rumor on Screamscape) point toward X-Flight going to Michigan's Adventure, rather than PKI.

I would think MiA would face the same "low attendance/big footprint" issues with hosting this ride as GL faces (of course, MiA doesn't have the other coaster support overhead that GL does).

The logic/argument for this ride not going to PKI is its capacity–people seem to think it's too low for PKI...

The only reason they point to MIA is people in that area are angry at CF for not building any new coaster in years. I think it's more wishful thinking on their part than any proof that it will go to MIA.

You can't argue capacity either. Look at Delirium, Face/Off, and Drop Zone...capacity nightmares. I really don't think it's an issue.

Yeah, I'm not an advocate for the position one way or another...just stating what's being mentioned on other boards.

Does anyone know what the hourly capacity on X-Flight even is?

Also, when Stealth moved to Carowinds (and turned into "Borg Assimilator") was a second loading area added? I seem to remember that being mentioned as a fault of the Stealth prototype design. However, X-Flight was built with the redundant loading stations.

I rarely ride Drop Zone because the line takes forever. Horrible Capacity.

Back to X-Flight, Michigan is becoming more and more of a tourist area, especially the Grand Rapids and West Coast areas. Cedar Fair might have big plans for MiA because of the increased tourist boom in the area. Im not saying its going there, but we still have very little proof it is going to KI. We only have reports of soil test samples and a survey crew from Mason at GL. There really isnt much else to go by except rampant speculation.

Also most on here dont want to think about X-Flight going somewhere else because we really want it at KI. Makes sense we all think its going to KI, this is a KI community.

Until we have pictures of construction, track spotted, or a press release I will keep speculating. MiA at this point might make more sense then KI, especially seeing as how Cedar Fair hasnt even opperated KI for an entire seasson yet.

MiA under CF has already recived a used ride already, the dodgems from CP. If they got a used ride from CP, why not a used coaster from sister park GL.

Two. The Swan Boats have also come used from Cedar Point. We've also recieved a lot of the decor from the old Coasters restaurant from downtown Sandusky.

Deconstruction is supposed to start this week at Geauga Lake, so I'm guessing we'll be seeing track or supports at the ride's destination at the most two weeks from now.

well we all know x-flight was originally slated for PKI the year after Stealth opened. Those plans were scrapped by paramount and Six flags put the coaster close to the park it was orignally inteneded for. Same with Batwing i believe.

Anyone know where in the park the coaster was orignally supposed to be installed? if so, that could be a hint as to where it may end up now. i mean the surveying and such was probably already done when this coaster was planned for pki, since we know its a long process of planning, purchasing and constructing.

is there something else wehre the coaster was suppsoed to be placed? if not, we could probably assume that if it is coming to PKI it will go there.

honestly, i have heard nothing but bad things about these coasters. there are only three in existance from vekoma, so stheres probably a reason for that. sure i'd love the addition i'm sure, but it cant be that great of a ride, or the concept woul have taken off, and we'd see a lot more of these things around.

p.s... also laughing at maureen's sig: "soaring through the offseason" oooo... fuel to the fire.

A lot of posts over on Coasterbuzz (as well as a rumor on Screamscape) point toward X-Flight going to Michigan's Adventure, rather than PKI.

I would think MiA would face the same "low attendance/big footprint" issues with hosting this ride as GL faces (of course, MiA doesn't have the other coaster support overhead that GL does).

The logic/argument for this ride not going to PKI is its capacity–people seem to think it's too low for PKI...

If we're going by rumors on other sites, ThemeParkReview seems to be favoring KI last time I checked....

As far as capacity, I hate to say it but Delerium has a pretty good capacity (stupid killing off King Cobra *angsts*) The other newer thrill rides do have an issue IMO...

If we're going by rumors on other sites, ThemeParkReview seems to be favoring KI last time I checked....

As far as capacity, I hate to say it but Delerium has a pretty good capacity (stupid killing off King Cobra *angsts*) The other newer thrill rides do have an issue IMO...

So...who is "going by" the other sites? I simply mentioned that alternate theories were being discussed in other places--which is true. Personally, I don't give any more credence to theories and rumors floated on Screamscape, Coasterbuzz, (or ThemeParkReview) than I do to what gets posted here. Until there's some official confirmation it's all just a bunch of talk anyway...

Now, if Shaggy were to come on and post an informed opinion about where X-Flight were going, I'd definitely take that one to heart :)

Id say the flying Dutchman didnt take off for Vekoma, because it was a Vekoma coaster. They are not world renowned for great designs or coasters. Nothing like a great Vekoma Hang and Bang. SLC anyone? That and B&M followed with their flyer fairly soon after Vekoma. So would you like a Vekoma or B&M? Easy choice. I will say though that I think the Flying Dutchman is the best Vekoma coaster design out there. It is smooth, thrilling and unique, even with its cookie cutter design. Good addition to any park as a used ride, but still why not build a B&M insted?

Nope, I didn't because my camera was stolen from my dorm a week ago and I just went and got a new camera last night. Not to mention that area is hard enough to see because it's covered on two sides by wooden roller coasters and the other by trees.

I live about 45 minutes away, just west of Grand Rapids. I was driving back to school from home (Okenawa) and figured I'd stop by since it was on the way.

If its so hard to see how come you could u see heavy equipment let alone footings for a new ride.

If its so hard to see how come you could u see heavy equipment let alone footings for a new ride.

It's not like you can't see through a wooden roller coaster... and there's a place in the employee parking lot that if you get in the right spot you can see the edge of that area. I said it was hard to see, not impossible.

I don't see why you feel the need to bash me when all I'm saying is that I saw something, I'm not making some outrageous claim like a bunch of others are doing.