Hollywood Stunt Show At PCWo Listed For Sale

International Theme Park Services has listed the Hollywood Stunt Show at PCWo for sale. Following is quoted from the listing:

Cedar Fair ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY

HOLLYWOOD STUNT SHOW

You are probably aware that International Theme Park Services, Inc. (“ITPSâ€Â) has been contracted by Cedar Fair L.P. to represent the sale of the Hollywood Spectacular Stunt Show developed for Paramount’s Canada’s Wonderland 2006. However, I wanted to provide a little further information.

Upon purchase of the Paramount Parks, Cedar Fair determined that the Hollywood Spectacular Stunt Show did not fit in their immediate plans for either the Cedar Fair or Paramount parks. Therefore, it has been placed for sale.

The Show was produced and fabricated by Utopia Worldwide, a prominent entertainment production organization. The show is an absolute first-rate show incorporating all the necessary elements to make it a top flight stunt show on par with the likes of Universal Studios. A major design feature of the Hollywood Spectacular Stunt Show is that it was designed to be self-contained and totally transportable. It can be rotated if purchased by a multi-park organization.

The show incorporates the following elements:

1. It is a complete stunt show featuring pyrotechnics, motorcycle acrobatics, explosions, gunfire; i.e., all the features an audience enjoys.
  2. Seating capacity: 2,000 (seats included).
  3. Estimated annual utility usage on a normal operation basis: $10,000 per season.
  4. Estimated striking and resetting costs: $600,000.
  5. Transportation costs estimated for relocating within the continental United States: $150,000.
  6. Number of Employees: 12 stunt, 6 support, 4 ushers.
  7. Original Cost: $4.6 million.
  8. Available for immediate sale and removal from Canada’s Wonderland.
  9. Asking sale Price: $2.9 million.
  10. Operating Costs: Currently being recalculated based on American standards versus Canadian operation.
Technical drawings, DVD, and still photos are available for the Hollywood Spectacular Stunt Show. To see an abbreviated video on the Hollywood Spectacular Stunt Show, please go to: http://www.utopiaworldwide.com/PHSS.htm; click on “sizzle reel†which will begin action excerpts from the stunt show.

For those who read between the lines, there are a number of hints about Cedar Fair's future direction for the Paramount Parks in this listing. What they mean remains to be seen.

Well, it certainly seems like they will be moving away from "The Best of Hollywood Entertainment, now playing" motif at the Paramount Parks. Also, based on the fact that the show was designed to be portable (and hence why it was built in Wonderland`s parking lot), I would imagine that had the parks not been sold this year, this show would have eventually made its way to all of the other Paramount Parks. Could this be an indication as to where Cedar Fair stands with keeping the Paramount licenses as well? Only time will tell, but that is interesting news that the show no longer fits in with their current plans for any of their parks. (I heard that the stunt show wasn`t the greatest thing ever, and certainly not on par with Disney or Universal, but I never saw it in person).

Even if the show wasn't the greatest thing in the world (Utopia's earlier Waterworld stunt show is still the best in the world), it was still better than '03's simply dreadful Tomb Raider Stunt Show.

(For those who want to get a glimpse of what the show looked like, just go to YouTube and type in Hollywood Stunt Spectacular.)

Other than that, there probably went 2007 plans for a Paramount Park; for whom, I have no clue. Sham, though, I would believe a show like THAT would reel in crowds big-time, like the sleeper hits School of Rock LIVE! in Concert and the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade. :(

I was kind of hoping that CF would move this show to KI... I mean, it COMES WITH SEATING!!! That means KI would not have to dedicate one of our theaters for it! I was thinking like a space behind The Racers or the space behind TR:TR.... then if it's a bomb, CF could easily remove it.

Oh well, I guess whoever buys this show will be glad they did. It is a great show! I had a chance to see a video of it made (by my father) when they went up to PCW... It seemed really cool! -Hauntguy