Top Gun Destruction?

TheBEASTFreak

Hi all,

Will Top Gun leave KI for the '07 and beyond seasons? I've been hearing rumors about it and out of curiosity I would like to know. Personlly, I would like to see it leave. I think it's way WAY too short, but otoh I think that Top Gun's lot is good for another ride...

(Sorry Top Gun fans, I know that you are probably calling me names under your breath...)

Hi all,

Will Top Gun leave KI for the '07 and beyond seasons? I've been hearing rumors about it and out of curiosity I would like to know. Personlly, I would like to see it leave. I think it's way WAY too short, but otoh I think that Top Gun's lot is good for another ride...

Is it possible?

- yes

Will it happen this year?

- no

One of the man problems with Top Gun is its location. You have to walk pretty far for such a short ride.

I wouldnt expect to see it around much longer. I also dont know if we can see SOB around much longer either <_<

Hi all,

Is it possible?

- yes

Will it happen this year?

- no

One of the man problems with Top Gun is its location. You have to walk pretty far for such a short ride.

I wouldnt expect to see it around much longer. I also dont know if we can see SOB around much longer either <_<

I think that there should be another ride in Top Gun's place, but nothing too complex..

Yes, I am glad you are not running th park. I mean, remove a ride simply because it is way too short and is set off the main midway some? Top Gun, while not a long ride, or as popular as other attractions like Drop Zone and Flight of Fear, is still a popular ride that is popular with the younger crowd of coaster fans. I personally enjoy the ride and the fact that most of the ride is kind of removed from the rest of the park, save for the portion that is near Son of Beast.

I don`t see the ride going anywhere anytime soon. I mean, I would assume it is not a maintenance nightmare, as it rarely seems to have any major downtime. And its not like the ride is THAT old, it will be 14 years old this upcoming season, which is not terribly old. Keep in mind that The Racer will be 35 years old this season.

I don't understand the continuing insistance of removing rides.

Top Gun is a decent ride. NO, it is not high on thrills, or a record breaking coaster, but it was never meant to be either. The land layout for that particular area is challenging, and the footprint that TG has is really perfect for what is capable for that part of the park property.

It is also a good starter coaster for families with younger children. I am rather anxious to bring my kids (5 & 4) on TG. They are going to love it. It will be a couple more years before I can take them on FoF, Vortex, or The Beast, but TG will be fun for them.

And they will both think that it is the best coaster out there.

• Like 2

^Exactly, there is no good reason to remove Top Gun. Having worked there many times over the summer, i've seen that it still gets a line on even mild days. Why tear down a reliable, high capacity, popular attraction that doesnt take much maintenance? Theres no reason to. The only thing they should to to Top Gun is paint it.

• Like 2

Yes, I am glad you are not running th park. I mean, remove a ride simply because it is way too short and is set off the main midway some? Top Gun, while not a long ride, or as popular as other attractions like Drop Zone and Flight of Fear, is still a popular ride that is popular with the younger crowd of coaster fans. I personally enjoy the ride and the fact that most of the ride is kind of removed from the rest of the park, save for the portion that is near Son of Beast.

I don`t see the ride going anywhere anytime soon. I mean, I would assume it is not a maintenance nightmare, as it rarely seems to have any major downtime. And its not like the ride is THAT old, it will be 14 years old this upcoming season, which is not terribly old. Keep in mind that The Racer will be 35 years old this season.

I never said that those were my reasons, my reasons are: no one rides it anymore and I really think it is a waste of money.

I never said that those were my reasons, my reasons are: no one rides it anymore and I really think it is a waste of money.

Is this about SoB or TG? :lol:

Seriously though. Do have actual capacity numbers for Top Gun as well as it's yearly budget? To make a statement like that, I would hope that you have something to back it up with.

I waited in line for 30 minutes for Top Gun the second to last Saturday of the season. So the fact no one rides it is not true. It may normally be a walk-on, but I have also seen other rides be walk ons. Racer, The Beast, Vortex, TR:TR etc...

only comment. They certainly don't spend much money on it's appearance. I rode it one of the last weekends of the season, and it certainly has seen better days.

It could possibly be due for a "Re-Theme".... maybe keep it as Top Gun though, but as a memorial to Tom Cruise before he became such a freak of nature.

• Like 2

If they were to remove anythign they should take out this coaster I've ehard about called " The Bat" apparently it's a maintanence nightmare.. and I even heard someone died on it... everytime I go to Kings Island.. i can't even find the coaster so it must be way off the regular path's with no good signs to it..

If they were to remove anythign they should take out this coaster I've ehard about called " The Bat" apparently it's a maintanence nightmare.. and I even heard someone died on it... everytime I go to Kings Island.. i can't even find the coaster so it must be way off the regular path's with no good signs to it..

That's because it's at Kentucky Kingdom. It's black, and called T2, just to fool people! :)

• Like 1

Ya know - I really hope that this response is just sarcasim that I'm missing. I really don't even know whtere to go with picking absolutely every point apart.

• Like 1

I must have hit T2 on a good day. I really did not find anything wrong with it. It was my first ride on a standard SLC clone, so I guess my opinion was rather bias, but I thought it was an interesting track design,

My guess is that you are most probably a person of physical stature. Either very muscular or, shall we say, plump.

You see, as to T2, I once agreed with you. Big time. Loved the thing.

Then I lost a LOT of weight. Now I get the same throwing around inside the restraints that all my friends complained of. As long as you are snug inside the restraints, T2 is indeed a wonderful coaster...but if you have room to move under there...OW! OW! OW! OW!

And how.

Oddly, T2 is the only ride I once loved that now I despise, all because of size. Every other ride I have ridden before and after has greatly improved after. Especially Flight of Fear, Chiller, any Schwarzkoph (like Mindbender, Shockwave at Texas, etc.) and The Georgia Cyclone. Haven't been back on THE Coney Island Cyclone since, but I bet it is better too. And I no longer look QUITE so ridiculous on the mini-mine train at SFOT.