Top Gun Destruction?

TheBEASTFreak

""I never said that those were my reasons, my reasons are: no one rides it anymore and I really think it is a waste of money.""

Your reasons suck. Do you look at the capacity sheets everyday? No, you don't. So don't make false claims...Secondly, when it comes to waste of money, TG is not that. Look at it's next door neighbor and the giant pride pole in the same area.

• Like 2

If they were to remove anythign they should take out this coaster I've ehard about called " The Bat" apparently it's a maintanence nightmare.. and I even heard someone died on it... everytime I go to Kings Island.. i can't even find the coaster so it must be way off the regular path's with no good signs to it..

Ya know - I really hope that this response is just sarcasim that I'm missing. I really don't even know whtere to go with picking absolutely every point apart.

Yes it was Sarcasm.. at it's best.. or at least I thought so.. oh well

Where to begin. Oh yeah, first off, Top Gun is one of the better suspended coasters out there. I understand that only Big Bad Wolf at BGE is better. It is a nice coaster with a little height to scare the young ones but not so high that it intimidates them. The Racers also serve pretty much the same purpose. Not real high and fast, yet fun and not intimidating. Can you imagine if your first coaster was Little Bill's and then you went straight to The Beast after that? There has to be medium sized coasters in the park. IJ:ST is another one of those.

Big Bad Wolf is an excellent ride, the final drop over the Rhine is amazing. First time I thought an Arrow suspended surpassed the hype.

I always find it funny how the off seasson creates such rampant speculation.

Tear Down Top Gun

Vortex will be torn down

Magnum is sinking

X-Flight is being relocated (ok so that one turned out true)

1 out of ever 4 rumors is true, the rest are the result of boredom setting in from playing too many computer games and not ridding any coasters during the cold winter months. ;)

• Like 1

Ya'll wack then, whatever...

I don't think anyone likes me here on PKIC.. :(

I mean really, all people do is critisize my posts.

So I'm leaving, hope your happy

-Good-bye :(

It seems that your issue is that you cannot handle the fact most here don't agree with you. You can call it criticism if you like, but it is really just a common case of not agreeing with you.

... and by some of your posts, you probably have this issue quite frequently.

*stepping off Dr. Phil's soapbox*

• Like 2

• 8 years later...

It would be nice for there to be other attractions on the way to The Bat. Some food stands, maybe a flat or some very, eye-catching landscaping like is present in many other areas of the park like the smoking-sections, outside the Backlot bathrooms..

However, as nice as it'd be, it would be pretty difficult with the terrain being how it is and the service road cutting across like it is.. The Bat was and will forever, I think, be a lone coaster as long as it resides with us.

• Like 5

It's the only non-Roller Coaster Tycoon place in the world (at least that I know of) where one of those ridiculously long queue paths, built out of apparent necessity, actually exists!

It needs its own security guard, path sweeper, maintenance guy and person-in-a-panda-suit!  ;)

• Like 17

It's the only non-Roller Coaster Tycoon place in the world (at least that I know of) where one of those ridiculously long queue paths, built out of apparent necessity, actually exists!

It needs its own security guard, path sweeper, maintenance guy and person-in-a-panda-suit!   ;)

There are many examples but you are forgetting Thunderbird at Holiday World.. or Hyena Falls... also at Holiday World!

(Crow's nest is the only other ride by Thunderbird, and that was merely moved there, it wasn't originally placed there.

• Like 5

It's not uncommon for me to act as a tour director for others along the path back to The Bat, especially when the last gates between entrance and exit are open for rerides.

"Yes, if you want to ride, just keep going straight. It's quite a hike, isn't it?! That's open so people can reride without walking the whole way again."

• Like 7

Last I was there, a group of Amish people were visiting and started walking down near the Son of Beast queue towards The Bat. I directed them to the proper entrance. They thanked me for showing them the right way. I think the very large pathway that doesn't say anything about being just an exit is ambiguous, and The Bat's sign is not large enough to indicate where someone should enter at.

Perhaps some arrows would help? I mean, besides the Arrow already back there.

• Like 15

It needs its own security guard, path sweeper, maintenance guy and person-in-a-panda-suit!  ;)

Hope I don't get picked up and dropped in the fountains, because I'll suddenly forget how to swim!

• Like 9

Last I was there, a group of Amish people were visiting and started walking down near the Son of Beast queue towards The Bat. I directed them to the proper entrance. They thanked me for showing them the right way. I think the very large pathway that doesn't say anything about being just an exit is ambiguous, and The Bat's sign is not large enough to indicate where someone should enter at.

Perhaps some arrows would help? I mean, besides the Arrow already back there.

And since my knee surgery I take that wide path as its a bit less stairs to deal with. It may take w bit longer but if the line isn't past that mid way entrance then it's good for my knee.

I swear I don't know when I got old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8