Top Gun Destruction?

TheBEASTFreak

• 2 weeks later...

KI wouldn't spend money to paint a roller coaster just to sell it.  Also, when is the last time you remember Cedar Fair selling a major roller coaster?

Also, not to mention, the ride fits inside of a very unique footprint.

There are numerous examples of a freshly-painted roller coaster disappearing. Would The Bat be sold? Probably not.Like you said, it's about as custom and terrain-hugging as they come.

Busch Gardens cited a "25 year shelf life" in its decision to remove Big Bad Wolf.

The ages of remaining classic Arrow suspended coasters:

• Iron Dragon: 28
  • Ninja: 27
  • Vortex: 24
  • The Bat: 22

Three of the four are located at Cedar Fair parks. It may very well be that Cedar Fair is interested in maintaining these historic coasters. Maybe not.

• Like 3

Alright, I've held back for long enough, I'll finally give my $.02 on the issue: I think The Bat should go nowhere! It's got a great location in the valley of Action Zone (fka Adventure Village) and it holds a ton of memories for me. I remember how I felt right after the first time I rode it and how my head used to bounce around on the turn into the station when I was shorter. It was my go-to ride back then, and its still one of my favorites. On my most recent trip to the park, I finished my lunch down in that valley, observing how orange steel coaster and green trees collide to make a beautiful view. As mentioned before, I almost feel the same way about The Bat as homestar92 does about Vortex. It's sad that people are saying these things like oh, they're gonna tear it down with the recent repaint as their evidence while citing King Cobra's demise. I guess I don't want to face the music, but someday The Bat may have to go away. I just hope that doesn't happen for a very, very long time. 

-MDMC, resident Bat fan 

And regarding Iron Dragon, I think it's a pretty fun ride. Sure Maverick is more thrilling, but Iron Dragon has its own place at Cedar Point, as will Valravn in 2016. 

• Like 4

Am I literally the only one who thought the only ride more painful than Iron Dragon was Mean Streak. I swear I rode the red suspended coaster located on a peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio.... The seats were way to hard and painful, and the transitions were awkward and head-bangy. HOWEVER, I did enjoy the finale over the water

My second ever ride on a wooden coaster was the very back row of Beast in its 2010 form... And 2010 Beast was exceptionally rough compared to how it rides now. It's entirely possible that my perception of roughness has been skewed dramatically by that fact as well.

Side note: I also find that the Carowinds Hurler is not at all rough. Now, the KD version...

• Like 3

You should have been there the day last summer that my micro SD card was ejected. And that I had a headache for an hour.

On other 2014 visits, including CoasterMania and during HalloWeekends, I had enjoyable rides. Marathons, even, when lines elsewhere were too long for my taste.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...