What would YOU like to see in Kings Island?

TheBEASTFreak

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see new signage and theming at Kings Island - all without the Paramount name. I'd like Kings Island to be fully assimulated into CF by dropping all Paramount references.

As far as rides are concerned, I'd like to see a ferris wheel. Every amusement park should have one.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

I'd like to see International Street revamped. I like IS, but I'd like to see the buildings and the shops re-habbed. Sort of up to the standards of a store you'd visit at a mall. More of of a variety of Kings Island themed merchandise. Maybe some new postcards at least?

A nice, new restaurant. One that you'd go to even if you weren't in an amusement park.

I'd like to see International Street revamped. I like IS, but I'd like to see the buildings and the shops re-habbed. Sort of up to the standards of a store you'd visit at a mall. More of of a variety of Kings Island themed merchandise. Maybe some new postcards at least?

A nice, new restaurant. One that you'd go to even if you weren't in an amusement park.

A Mall Store?

I can give you directions to Kenwood, Northgate and Tri County if you'd like.

Entertainment!!!

Entertainment!!!

Entertainment!!!

What Else would YOU like to see in Kings Island?

Well I’m very hopeful and will be glad to see a new coaster come to Kings Island. Something that concerns me in the process though, I really enjoy going to a theme park and take in the atmosphere of the park without the need to see all the service zones behind the scenes. I’m concerned that if Kings Island does get a new coaster and places it at the rumored location by Flight of Fear, then it will subject the riders to the unsightly so called behind the scenes service areas. Don’t get me wrong I would prefer Kings Island to get the new coaster but if I was to suggest to the powers to be, I would suggest to please consider making sure that the guest do not see those area’s of the park. I will add that I do see hope for this as Dick Kinzel was quoted as in saying

However many changes have taken place through the years and no matter try how much bigger the rides and attractions are today, Kinzel says the basics of the park indus try haven’t changed: “Take the lipstick off any park and underneath, it’s still a carnival. Disney changed the appearance of parks in the 1950s with Disney-land, but we are all still operating dressed-up carnivals.â€Â

I honestly believe that the paying patrons do enjoy a nice themed atmosphere over a working atmosphere while enjoying the parks.

A Mall Store?

I can give you directions to Kenwood, Northgate and Tri County if you'd like.

Hopefully Cedar Fair doesn't have the same attitude. Any place that you want people to spend money needs updated once in awhile.

Hopefully Cedar Fair doesn't have the same attitude. Any place that you want people to spend money needs updated once in awhile.

Yes, I think that things that have history should all be torn down. That pesky Williamsburg in Virginia is such a darn eye sore. Maybe it can be raised and put in a strip mall.

I can't honestly believe that you're talking about turning the shops on International Street into something a kin to a shopping mall!

Given Cedar Fair's stated intention of dramatically raising per cap spending, I imagine you may well get to see what amounts to more mall type shops in the park.

Anywho, what would *I* like to see?

* A sit-down, table service restaurant with food I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve to an out of town dinner guest.

* Dramatically improved entertainment, with LIVE music and perhaps an animal show or two.

* An increased emphasis on physical plant...get rid of the asphalt, fix the pavers, and put in NICE landscaping and maintain it. More seating for those who are older and just want to watch the young'uns have fun.

* X-Flight. And how.

* Italian Stunt Thingy eventually moved to a more suitable location and the 'tiques restored...to bring back the magic tranquility that was that area. Maybe even bring back a vintage set of Flying Eagles, too.

* NO BASKETBALLS in the park, NO SMOKING in the park and NO microphones on Coney Mall...PERIOD.

* No Paramount's ANYTHING.

Given Cedar Fair's stated intention of dramatically raising per cap spending, I imagine you may well get to see what amounts to more mall type shops in the park.

Anywho, what would *I* like to see?

* A sit-down, table service restaurant with food I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve to an out of town dinner guest.

* Dramatically improved entertainment, with LIVE music and perhaps an animal show or two.

* An increased emphasis on physical plant...get rid of the asphalt, fix the pavers, and put in NICE landscaping and maintain it. More seating for those who are older and just want to watch the young'uns have fun.

* X-Flight. And how.

* Italian Stunt Thingy eventually moved to a more suitable location and the 'tiques restored...to bring back the magic tranquility that was that area. Maybe even bring back a vintage set of Flying Eagles, too.

* NO BASKETBALLS in the park, NO SMOKING in the park and NO microphones on Coney Mall...PERIOD.

* No Paramount's ANYTHING.

Considering that Basketball bouncing is so universally hated by so many folk that actually pay money at the parks - it amazes me that it is allowed to continue.

So basically your saying that they care more about making quick money than giving a quality annoyance free experience to their paying guests. Sounds like a long term loss or a negative attitude towards the park from their guests.

I honestly can't figure out what the reasoning is. It's such a no brainer and it's not unique to KI. Even if they deflated the balls so that the could not be bounced and could be inflated outside the park. It's probably the most simple fix that can be done at any park.

Well, what do basketballs that are bouncing and loud microphones booming share? They both are the result of a games department whose concerns are taken more seriously than guest relations complaints about unpleasant park experiences. May I point out that I have never once heard a basketball bounce or a microphone boom in a Disney, Universal or Busch park?

Well, what do basketballs that are bouncing and loud microphones booming share? They both are the result of a games department whose concerns are taken more seriously than guest relations complaints about unpleasant park experiences. May I point out that I have never once heard a basketball bounce or a microphone boom in a Disney, Universal or Busch park?

In fact, I do think that Busch Parks has stopped awarding baskeballs at games.

They VALUE family business and the environment in their parks over short term profit. And they are, all three chains, HIGHLY profitable.

Well, our parks will get back there.

Paramount/CBS and Viacom are gone.

I have a lot of faith.

Yes, I think that things that have history should all be torn down. That pesky Williamsburg in Virginia is such a darn eye sore. Maybe it can be raised and put in a strip mall.

I can't honestly believe that you're talking about turning the shops on International Street into something a kin to a shopping mall!

Absolutely it should not be torn down. Just updated. When International Street was built, it was new at the time. Just needs to catch up to the times a bit like most of the rest of the park. There's nothing wrong with the atmosphere. I love International Street. I want to be able to take my grandchildren there. However, if any of those shops were any place else other than a popular amusement park, they would have closed their doors long ago.

By the way, after checking out Williamsburg's website (never have visited there), I doubt much there has been neglected for 20-30 years.

The "colonial" place that is not completely accurate. When they were restoring Williamsburg, they selected which buildings to save and demolished others and pretend like they never existed. So if you visit Colonial Williamsburg, it is not an exact recreation of what was there originally.

Another thing about the big three parks and why you never see basketballs or hear the bark of the games stand. They are destination parks and pull enough people through the gate/have unique enough merchandise that they get guests to spend money inside their parks. Also, the guests do not expect to find all those "carnival" games at these large scale theme parks, because after all, they did pay a pretty penny to get into these parks. Whereas parks like Kings Island and Cedar Point are not as big of destination parks as any park owned by the "big three." As a result, the games departments bring in a valuable source of income for the parks and Cedar Fair.

Having volunteered in the games department several times at Kings Island, I can atest to the fact the amount of money the games bring in! Working 'Obey the Net' on Coney Mall, next to the Antique Treats Stand, I was amazed how many people would slap $20 to try and win a basketball. Often times, they didn`t make it in and walked away empty handed! You`d be surprised how much money some of those games can bring in in one day, trust me.

I'd like to see

a) xflight

b ) a screamin' swing

c) a longer top gun

d) paramount taken completely out of the park

e) a fancy sit down restaurant

f) NO MICROPHONES

g) another wooden coaster

h) another looping coaster

i) another launched coaster

j) a more acurate park map

k) another section of the park (possibly behind racer and Flight of Fear)

l) Italian Job made longer

m) no more movie posters in Action Zone

n) a 500 foot coaster

o) a ferris wheel

p) another new sign, without the word "paramount"

q) a real sized eifel tower

r) better security

s) no smoking AT ALL

t) coney mall rehabed

u) park map stands, that say "YOU ARE HERE"

~vl2

I would like to see new signage and theming at Kings Island - all without the Paramount name. I'd like Kings Island to be fully assimulated into CF by dropping all Paramount references.

I've heard things that it will cost CF A LOT to get out of the Paramount theming and name - it's more a question of "Will they?" but "Can they?" Sounds a little ass-backwards to me.