What would YOU like to see in Kings Island?

TheBEASTFreak

I'm not saying the loud microphones should be done away with, but the people using them could use a little more common sense and courtesy.

Walking the main midway at Cedar Point on a Friday in October, I was on my cell phone when the guy at an Age & Weight game verbally jumps all over me because I'm wearing a STL Cardinals jacket*. Needless to say, I chewed him out (because he interrupted my call attempt).

*The Cardinals were playing the Detroit Tigers in this year's World Series, the team many guests and employees at CP were rooting for. This was on the night before WS Game 1.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^What do you mean by "chewed him out", yeah he was rude but you could've just said "hey man I'm on the phone", you didn't have to verbally curse at an employee for doing his job if thats what you mean by chewing him out. Maybe he didnt notice you were on the phone.

What most people mean when they say "chewed out is" that they said absolutely nothing and did absolutely nothing. <G> People like to talk a good game. (So to speak.)

^What do you mean by "chewed him out", yeah he was rude but you could've just said "hey man I'm on the phone", you didn't have to verbally curse at an employee for doing his job if thats what you mean by chewing him out. Maybe he didnt notice you were on the phone.

What most people mean when they say "chewed out is" that they said absolutely nothing and did absolutely nothing. <G> People like to talk a good game. (So to speak.)

I take it you don't know CoastersNSich.

For good or ill, from what I've seen and heard, CoastersNSich says what he means and means what he says.

There's also something just a bit ironic about HIM complaining about a microphone in a park!

Just as HE was using the phone, some of us zone into our "happy place" when strolling down Coney Mall, in particular, and don't really need or want to be blasted out of it by some kid with a microphone stuck halfway into their mouth yelling into it.

For good or ill, from what I've seen and heard, CoastersNSich says what he means and means what he says.

There's also something just a bit ironic about HIM complaining about a microphone in a park!

Just as HE was using the phone, some of us zone into our "happy place" when strolling down Coney Mall, in particular, and don't really need or want to be blasted out of it by some kid with a microphone stuck halfway into their mouth yelling into it.

Yup, how often have ya seen someone walking around the park talking on their cell phones at the top of their lungs. Just never fails to amaze me that some can't seperate from their cell phone long enough to actually enjoy the parks.

- and no - that is not directed toward coastersnsich

I really do zone out in parks...I escape there.

Even my park friends are stunned I don't even take a cellphone into a park.

24/7, everywhere else, I'm accessible. But in a park, nope. I check for messages at home about every two to three hours, but that's it. No worries on Borg, TR:TR or Nitro. No lost cellphones, either.

I really do zone out in parks...I escape there.

Even my park friends are stunned I don't even take a cellphone into a park.

24/7, everywhere else, I'm accessible. But in a park, nope. I check for messages at home about every two to three hours, but that's it. No worries on Borg, TR:TR or Nitro. No lost cellphones, either.

I do take my cell to the parks. I usually only text on it though. Most my buddies leave theirs in the vehicles.

Guest TombraiderTy

1. Make a sit down restaurant

2. Have new firework show around Eiffel Tower with lights, water, ect.

3. Add sidewalks back onto IS

4. Create a fountain show

5. Restore the shops and everything

6. Turn Paramoutn Story into a nice garden to RELAX

7. Repaint GRand Carousel

8. Make Grand CArousel more shiny with gold

9. Redo Paramount Theater

10. Redo half of Action Zone into Stunt City

11. Replace Festhause with a 4D movie motion simulator called Car Chase

12. Replace Top Gun with the world's tallest, fastest, and longest suspended roller coaster

13, Around the new coaster make a Downtown Disney like area that is accesible from the park and the Gret Wolf Lodge

14. Repaint Drop Zone

15. Make the base of Drop Zone look like a nuclear power plant and call it Toxic Tower

16. Take out Face/Off and replace it with a flat ride called Crash Course

17. Replace Timbrewolf with a stunt show called Super Stunt Spectacular

18. Make a mountain structure around Son of Beast, make storyline in the mountains

19. Retrack ALL of Son of Beast

20. Make the other part of Action Zone and all of Oktoberfest into Adventure Village

21. Retheme Delirium into Booby Trap

22. Replace Days of THunder with a temple themed log flume

23. In the Downtown Disney area have a tram with a tour of Stunt City and part of Adventure Village

24. Retheme Adventure Express, make it more thrilling

25. Retheme Vikign Fury to a pirate ship

26. Make the front of Fethause look like an adventurer's shop

27. Redo landscaping in Coney Mall

28. Add aerobatic shows like Coney Island had

29. REpaint monster

30. Repaint Scrambler

31, Repaint Shake, Rattle, and Roll

32. Retheme Flight of Fear to a better sci fi adventure

33. Retheme Italian Job into Cincinnati Rush

34. Bring back the eagles

35. Replace Action FX Theater with screens like the Cincinnati MUseum, yet have it in 3D

36. Add a new giga coaster to the left of Racer

37. Add X-Flight near Flight of Fear

38. Retheme Beast some into a temple escape ride

39. Retheme Rivertown into an ancient ruin

40. Rehtme White Water Canyon

41. Retheme Tomb Raider

42. Make the train ride more exciting

43. Retheme Boomerang Bay into an ancient ruin

44. Put show into Enchanted Theater

45. Bring back Salt Water Circus

46. Add parking garage

47. Add new uphill water slide in Boomerang Bay

48. Add color screen to sign

48. Repave entrance area

49. Make four posters above entrance into screens

50. Make a cleaner park

Sorry for all the mistakes ;)

Man did you sit-up all-night to think up all those ideas or what?

I like alot of your ideas but, two of your ideas I wish could come to fruition.

#10 Redo half of Action Zone into Stunt City.

I think it could add a wonderful fresh new addition to the park. Plus it would encourage them to expand out around the Flight of Fear area.

#13, Around the new coaster make a Downtown Disney like area that is accessible from the park and the Great Wolf Lodge.

Oh how I wish this could happen, but in reality know that their just isn’t enough hotels to support an area like that. Oh how nice that would be, top notch restaurants, retail shops, night clubs, Cirque solie’, Grand movie house, mega arcade and boat rentals. Well we could always dream I guess.

Guest TombraiderTy

I think that guests staying at the GWL would enjoy it, and so would park guests. Also, if the park expands and so does the area around it, it could become a real possibility. But yeah, that's just a possibility and probably won't happen =(

I have a lot of ideas for the park, those weren't even half of them :D

...but it's always been my dream to work in one of the game stalls and use the microphones to get customers to play.

yeah it was mine too you know, but then i accomplished that by becoming a member of that department. if we gave you a flat basketball as a prize after you payed money to play would you like that?? i cant see you smiling too much with a flat ball to carry around all day.

...but it's always been my dream to work in one of the game stalls and use the microphones to get customers to play.

yeah it was mine too you know, but then i accomplished that by becoming a member of that department. if we gave you a flat basketball as a prize after you payed money to play would you like that?? i cant see you smiling too much with a flat ball to carry around all day.

Heck, I'd be happy if I even got a prize. Basketball, not for me.

Besides, I would rather work at one of the more classic style games, well I don't know if classic is the right term. But, the games, that you have an equally great of chance at losing, with the huge prizes. Like the thingy with all the glass bottles, and the rings.

Given Cedar Fair's stated intention of dramatically raising per cap spending, I imagine you may well get to see what amounts to more mall type shops in the park.

Anywho, what would *I* like to see?

* A sit-down, table service restaurant with food I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve to an out of town dinner guest.

* Dramatically improved entertainment, with LIVE music and perhaps an animal show or two.

* An increased emphasis on physical plant...get rid of the asphalt, fix the pavers, and put in NICE landscaping and maintain it. More seating for those who are older and just want to watch the young'uns have fun.

* X-Flight. And how.

* Italian Stunt Thingy eventually moved to a more suitable location and the 'tiques restored...to bring back the magic tranquility that was that area. Maybe even bring back a vintage set of Flying Eagles, too.

>About the no smoking thing, they are supposed to keep people from smoking at the park, but everyone smokes anyway. When we left the park that day, we aked the security guards about it and they said that all of the security guards were at the front of the park so they couldn't help it. Really if there are attacks in the park somone would probably get away with it before the security guards could even get back there. I really hope that Cedar Fair will take that better.

* NO BASKETBALLS in the park, NO SMOKING in the park and NO microphones on Coney Mall...PERIOD.

* No Paramount's ANYTHING.

Here's what I said: "I'M ON THE PHONE!!" Yes, I'm shouting. I'm p!ssed. Wouldn't you be?

Well you said you "chewed him out" and I dont know what your definiton of chewing someone out is but usuallyit means verbally assulting them for an extended amount of time using vulgarity. Maybe he didnt notice you were on the phone, he was just tyring to do his job doing what hes told, if hes told to be annoying with a microphone then thats what hes gonna do considering thats his job.

Well you said you "chewed him out" and I dont know what your definiton of chewing someone out is but usuallyit means verbally assulting them for an extended amount of time using vulgarity. Maybe he didnt notice you were on the phone, he was just tyring to do his job doing what hes told, if hes told to be annoying with a microphone then thats what hes gonna do considering thats his job.

I think that pretty much describes their job. Annoy people, and challenge them that they couldn't win at the games. Works on some people, but, definetly not on others.

Yep. At least SOME parks seem to forget that people don't come to parks to be annoyed....and they have other choices about where to spend their time and money. Games DO generate revenue, but they can just as easily drive admissions away, and lower per caps.

Something to think about. If this strategy worked SO well, why is it that it is not found at Disney, Universal or Busch?

I think that pretty much describes their job. Annoy people, and challenge them that they couldn't win at the games. Works on some people, but, definetly not on others.

And actually that is not what Barking is all about.

You don't entice people by irritating people.

TheBEASTfreak i would like to see

a cleaner park

coney mall cleaned up a bit, like give the buldings a paint job, and some of the rides painted too

WINTERFEST

the greeters dressing up for their section of the park, like rivertown could be cowboys, oktoberfest, Germans

original paint scheme on racers

no carrying alchohol around the park

X flight

(if possible) add fire to TRTR lik Firefall at PKD

new paint scheme for TG (Red Spines, Black tube rails, and grey suports)

decrease the speed on SOB making it rideable

more shows in the park

have a fountain "show" in the IS fountain

reopen the IS restaraunt

get all special effects working on all rides!

and finally add speakers to VFury's station that play viking music?lol

Guest TombraiderTy

about changing The Beast, it would just be the station and some ruins laying around the track. ANd water. It's not like I'm gonna theme it after some crappy tv show that will most likely go off the air within the next few years like The Beastie was

about changing The Beast, it would just be the station and some ruins laying around the track. ANd water. It's not like I'm gonna theme it after some crappy tv show that will most likely go off the air within the next few years like The Beastie was

Crappy TV show?

There are folk on here that rave about the popularity of all these NU items.

You mean the theming is after something that has a very limited life span?

Pishahhhhh!