What would YOU like to see in Kings Island?

TheBEASTFreak

A new front entrance

No Paramount reference

refurbished and better shopping on International street

ferris wheel

2 or more dark rides something with a story and you just relax (aka smurf ride)

1 or 2 coasters over 8 years

Sit down restraunts

and more shows!!!

And to whomever came up with a downtown Kings Island area kudos that would rock!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see.....

A park without any Paramount Logos

Children Laughing

People enjoying, feeling, laughing, crying

A cleaner park

WinterFest make a return in 2007, after all it is true that this event opened the door to the Cincinnati Zoo's Festival of Lights back in it's original run. And look at how many people turn out there year after year. It has gained a reputation for itself. Now imagine if Kings Island's WinterFest had been given the chance to do the same.

I would also like to see fast-pass tickets at Kings Island like what Disney, and Cedar Point have.

Nothing, except it has about as much relevance to the average theme park guest as Reefer Madness does...maybe less.

:lol:

What I would like to see:

1)Anything Intamin

2)Anything B&M

3)Anything with "Paramount" removed

4)Something added to Coney Mall. Could be a flat, could be a coaster.

About the basketballs. They do annoy me a little, but, for the most part, they don't bother me until that person loses control of said ball.

About the games. I agree that real "barking" should be used, not Banshee like screaming. Someone needs to train these people about proper distance of microphone to mouth. Some think it belongs inside the mouth, not near it. Although, like Interpreter, I would rather see all microphones done away with and use true Astroland style "barking" in its' place.

Especially since to the public, they are part and parcel of Kings Island.

To see what I mean, let's look at a similar problem in another park chain. Six Flags has a somewhat common serious problem with the general tidiness of the tables and areas around some of their contracted out food stands. Often, the parks will tell you that they are not responsible for those areas. That's a bunch of hooey. If it's inside the park, it's part of the park as far as the visitor is concerned. If you go to a franchised McDonalds and find a bad bathroom or have a bad cheeseburger or get sassed by a surly clerk, you don't normally blame the franchisee....You blame McDonalds.

The entire experience is seen as being McDonalds. Not Jacob Horsely, the local franchisee. And you see all McDonalds in that light.

Likewise, if Jacob's Ladders employees are virtually chasing people, the public sees that as the actions of Kings Island.

In both cases, either McDonalds or Kings Island COULD have controlled the situation and for some reason didn't.

By the way, in this regard, Cedar Fair was much smarter than Six Flags. Something bad happens at ANY Six Flags, the nation hears Six Flags and thinks it happened at THEIR nearest Six Flags. For example in the Cinci area, they hear about an accident at Six Flags (Magic Mountain) and many will think it happened at KK.

Cedar Fair purposely greatly deemphasized the Cedar Fair part of their park names. (Premier Parks, the former owner of Six Flags, started out that way, but later changed). Cedar Fair's logo appears on the brochure, yes, but not as part of the park name, and not as a huge logo on all park signs.

Six Flags, of course, went the other way (and in fact is currently removing the Six Flags designation from the six parks that are sale).

This is yet another reason I strongly suspect the PARAMOUNT'S part of the park names in the former CBS parks will not be staying. After all, regardless of our joking here early on, it's not known as Cedar Fair's Valleyfair, or even Cedar Fair's Cedar Point. It's knott.

Following this logic, I would think that Cedar Fair would WANT to keep the Paramount name, which would further keep their perceived involvement with the park to a minimum.

I try to stay away from things of this nature, but I feel everyone has gone to far. As some of you may or may not know, I am a games manager. I also seem to recall a level of game "hatred" for lack of a better word, by many of you here. Here's the deal. Yes, we do have guests say they wish basketballs were deflated; that they're a nuisance, etc... Yes, we have people write us and say our sales staff is annyoing, pressuring, etc...

HOWEVER, we also get many compliments in this same regard. Parents have written to us complimenting us on the prizes their child has won, even basketballs. We have had people tell us that they do not care for basketballs given away, but realize that the person who won really needs to be aware of what they are doing with that prize ball once they've won. We have received numerous compliments on our staff being very professional, etc...

Everyone is going to have a different view of games, just like you will find people who like, let's say, LaRosas and some will not. Some people will be annoyed by certain things, other people ignore us, and still others love what we do. The point of this response is not to make someone mad or angry, but I know it will happen, but rather to urge everyone to drop this matter. If you want to see King's Island get rid of games, you may state that. If you have some personal issue, please don't post it here. PM me if you like. I talk with numerous guests about issues via phone, email, in person, etc, and have no problem doing that here too.

I am asking that you all get back on topic. This is not a games bash thread. This is a thread to see what you would like to see from King's Island. Let's keep it that way.

No, it certainly is not a "games bash" thread. I don't think you're going to find anyone on here that is going to bash the park. What we have done is pass on suggestions. Do with them what you will. But I can tell you that there are quite a few on here that have a very good basis for the things that they say and should probably be listened to.

The jacobs ladder guy and the front gate entrance photo people drive me crazy. I always run threw those areas! :D

I tell those people at the front gate i have already got my picture taken and they actully leave you alone. The ladder guy last year I wanted to ring his neck.

I had a church group of girls with me and I was being there leader. And 4/6 of them fell for the trick and played the game about 6 times each!, just because they thought the worker was cute. Which took about 30 min. It was a FearFest Friday night and I really wanted to get to PPath before it closes. We did and I was happy but I was really mad because we didnt do any other haunts.

I had a church group of girls with me and I was being there leader. And 4/6 of them fell for the trick and played the game about 6 times each!, just because they thought the worker was cute. Which took about 30 min. It was a FearFest Friday night and I really wanted to get to PPath before it closes. We did and I was happy but I was really mad because we didnt do any other haunts.

Yup. My friends Dad always tell them they sound like salesman and cusses ate them. It was a funny site.They do sound like salesman there.It's funny how people what other people fail and then they fail themselves at the game but they keep playing. The guys make it look so easy to win.

Well, it is not nice to cuss out the employees simply because they are doing their job. Annoying or not, a park is a family environment and vulgar language should not be directed towards the employee (whether directly an employee of Kings Island or not). Those are the rude and inconsider guests that I hated at Coney. That being said, there are plenty of rude and inconsiderate people that will cuss you out and yell at you for doing your job in an amusement park. I know, as I was a ride operator at Coney for five years, and was cussed out numerous times for not letting people`s kid ride a ride because they were too short. Its not fun to be on the receiving end of that, or for the ears of the children in line for the ride when those situations arise. Same thing goes for the midway and the game operators. They may be annoying, but that is no reason to show hostility towards them or use vulgar language. If you find them that offensive, file a complaint at guest relations.

Personally, I don`t mind all the barking in Coney Mall. It is when they have the microphone`s dialed way up and the games associates try to talk over one another when it becomes an issue. When I volunteered in the games department last year at FearFest at Obey the Net, across from the Zephyr, I had a microphone, but didn`t use it. I instead just used my voice. You`d be surprised how many people will stop and ask the games workers for directions to the restrooms, rides and attractions.

Yup. My friends Dad always tell them they sound like salesman and cusses ate them. It was a funny site.They do sound like salesman there.It's funny how people what other people fail and then they fail themselves at the game but they keep playing. The guys make it look so easy to win.

I know we've had our differences over at EPKI and I'm saying this because I'm a former employee and not jsut to pick on you....but.....your friends dad is an idiot. Cursing at someone because their doing their job, why waste the effort when he can just ignore them person. I hope he knows that verbal abuse against a park employee can be used as means for expulsion from the park, I learned that first hand.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see PKI add more coasters for variety. I would like to see a hyper coaster , flying coaster, floorless coaster , impulse coaster , launch coaster , and a inverted coaster added to the park. Also I would like a campground added and more enclosed/open tube slides in the water park.

I would like to see PKI add more coasters for variety. I would like to see a hyper coaster , flying coaster, floorless coaster , impulse coaster , launch coaster , and a inverted coaster added to the park. Also I would like a campground added and more enclosed/open tube slides in the water park.

Hmm....I know an Ohio park that did almost all those things, and even bought an adjoining marine park, calling the complex worlds of adventure....It worked so well for them.

Not only that, but Kings Island has a launch coaster or did you mean a rocket? It also has an inverted.

Cedar Fair will prudently invest at Kings Island. And though it pains me to tell you this, the current trend in the entire industry is more family and wet ride oriented. The coaster wars are over. Don't expect Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka at Kings Island any time soon.

Hyper Coaster: Check

Flying Coaster: :rolleyes:

Launch Coaster: Check Check

Inverted Coaster: Check Check

All those checks...these days they are probably paid for with electronic funds transfers...but money is money. And Cedar Fair ain't gonna be spending that kind of money on all those coasters at Kings Island any time soon. There are many other, urgent priorities, not JUST coasters.

I agree with this, but still...

I can't help but wish Kings Island had at least one modern B&M or Intamin coaster of some kind. I love the coaster collection at KI, but without even a modest B&M or Intamin, it just seems the park is missing something in the coaster department. They don't need to install a $25 million hyper or anything like that. Just something modest that represents the current state of the art in steel coaster development. (Like a small B&M inverted or floorless.) I findly remember when Kings Island was known for coasters that were state of the art at the time they came out (Racer, Beast, Bat, Vortex, King Cobra, Flight of Fear...) X-Flight (if we get it) will likely mean it will be even longer before we get such a coaster. X-Flight is nice (I have ridden X-Flight, Borg Assimilator and Batwing and definitely like X-Flight the best of all three.) But I still find the restraints on X-Flight to be a little uncomfortable and my back was rather soar after lying flat on that Vekoma train. It is fun but still a little crude if you ask me. I always found the B&M flyer trains to be so much more comfortable. I know we can just drive north to Cedar Point for modern steel coasters, but I miss when Kings Island was that kind of destination...

This is not a serious complain, just wishful thinking. I understand current budget realities and I do like the ideal of Kings Island focusing more on the family. I know we will have many great things to look forward to. But a truly modern or smooth steel coaster would really be nice one day...

Things I'd like to see at TPFKAPKI:

A dark ride. No battling bank robbers, just a nice relaxing ride like westcoaster suggested.

A GCI or Gravity Group woodie. Especially if it can be built to hug the terrain like The Beast.

More shade in the Action Zone area. That place is like a frying pan in July.

A spinning mouse, maybe inside.

Better landscaping.

How about a nice lake? Maybe with some sort of relaxing, charming ride of yesteryear overlooking...oh, wait. Never mind.

It took me a while to figure out what TPFKAPKI meant. But then it dawned on me what it meant. I`ll leave it for people to decipher themselves.

Not sure on the exact space requirements, but I`ve thought that a spinning mouse could possibly fit on the old Salt Water Circus site, behind the Eiffel Tower. As it is, that site is just a big grass filled field, with some small trees along the midway. That midway is essentially just a connector midway anymore, since there is no longer a set of `Tiques on that side.

And I concur, Interpreter, he has some sound ideas. Shade and relaxing areas always make for a nice park atmosphere.

I bought a '79 KI souvenir map off of eBay.

I like the park we have now, don't get me wrong.

BUT, I wish I could visit that '79 park. Just the small, quaint things all over the park. Stuff like that I guess used to bring in the crowds.

I love the big rides, and I wouldn't want to switch places. I just wish we could have more of the small touches like I see in that '79 map.

I'd like to see some more flat rides like they had at Coney Island. I'd like to see a modern version of the Lost River, a water coaster.

A Haunted House would be nice too, maybe in Rivertown. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see more rides in Rivertown.

There has been a push for capacity rides, however, I don't think most people mind waiting as long as a line continues to move. Waiting is sometimes a part of the attraction.

I would like to see pretty much anything, from another water ride, to another roller coaster, to a flat ride with swinging gondolas...I just love to ride! like most of you...however, Kings Island needs in my mind before all else another show, in the next two years they need to have another show, I would like to finally enjoy KI with my grandparents, but I cant because they dont particularily like the big rides but will ride moderate rides. Please, CF give me another show, or maybe even a Tilt-a-whirl, something that just has tremendous entertainment value!

Or...just give me more rollercoasters and they can go to Disney :D