Mystery Mine Ride

Not imply that there is some sort of conspiracy here, but Shaggy, who I consider a fairly reputable source, said that Mystery Mine is based off of the Addams Family Concept. Other than awe and admiration from a bunch of coaster geeks, he has nothing to gain from saying something like that.

A park representative however, may not know (or want to admit) that a potential project that was scrapped went to another park.

^ no geek fight lol...

That was not just a park rep that was Scott Anderson who just happens to be the Marketing and Public Relations Manager.

what im saying is that he just isn't in "the know" he is " the know". He has been w/ the park for many years and has no reason to either lie about the situation and cover it up. If you ever met him you would know that if he knows something he will either 1) tell you if he could 2) let you know that he cant comment on it. Quite frankly he keeps it real!

I understand what you are saying however its pretty obvious to see that something is different from something else. Just like saying that rock n' roller coaster is based off FOF in some retrospect yes and the same can be said that FOF is based off if space mountian. What im saying is that they arent the same rides. Same company but different rides.

I understand, but there is no way he knows for sure that they are not the same. While I'm not saying they are the same ride, even though they look very similar, it is impossible for him to know that Mystery Mine is not the original plan for the Adams Family concept because of how Adams Family was never built. Yes, we know that FoF and RnRC are different because both rides have been built. The problem with this is that Adams Family was never built, so no one except the designers at the company making Mystery Mine would know if they were the same. You don't know, I don't know. The only way we could be 100% sure was if we either 1) worked for the company making MM and knew of the designs of both concepts, or 2) both rides were built, and then we could compare.

• 2 months later...
Have you ridden Thunderhead?

You simply got to get to Dollywood.

Great park. Great entertainment. Wonderful food. And those folk know the meaning of customer service. NO other park reminds me more of early Kings Island than does Dollywood.

No, I saw when Thunderhead was being built.

I remember that we took a Supervisors trip to Dollywood years ago. It was right after the park became Dollywood. All of us were kind of shocked at how poorly the park was run and how dirty it was. They'd put the baskets that chicken was fried in right on the floor. Well, I visited again a couple years out of college and it was like night and day. The park had completely turned itself around and simply amazed me. I've been back several times since and it just gets better every time.

If you had told me back then that one day I'd be saying that Kings Island could learn many things from Dolllywood, I would have said you're nuts. I'm saying that Kings Island could learn many things from Dollywood.

• 2 months later...

I dont know if anyone here rode Mystery Mine, but it was AMAZING.. Except the padding around the restraint (its kinda like The Vortex's restraints) beats the crap out of your ears. I almost thought they were going to start bleeding around the one corner.

But the vertical hill lifts are really cool..

Best part of that ride is the 2nd hill.

Other than that Dollywood was pretty fun but food was kida high, but the workers were all like over 40 and were so kind and friendly, unlike some of the youngin's at other parks (of course the workers at KI are always friendly too) :).

Dollywood is very uptight about safety, which is also a good thing.