And Beastbuzz was.... a hit!

For those of you who have been living in a hole these past 3 months or so, today was the official celebration of The Beast's 25th birthday! This event was made possible by the combined efforts of PKI as well as Coasterbuzz.com. A special thank you goes out to the both of them!

The day-long event included everything from guest speakers to a scavenger hunt to ERTs, right down to a good 'ol fashion picnic.

The guest speaker turned out to be Thomas Reebie, the president, CEO, and chairman of the board of just a little company if his call Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters! He shared with us his memories of hands-on work in the design of The Beast. I actually had the opportunity to meet him personally, in which he told me some interesting stories about my hero, the great John Allen.

The scavenger hunt was unique to say the least. We were, through limericks, instructed to do such things as count the number of Beast footprints, or go up in the tower and get the phone number from the ATP tennis complex across the street by using the telescopes. The scavenger hunt was organized and written by Steve Boehmker, who works closely with Kimberly Tanney. Steve is a newcomer to PKI's marketing department who proves himself as a valuable asset to PKI every time we have the pleasure of crossing paths with him, whether it's at a filming or an event like this. We wish Steve a bright and long career with Paramount Parks.

We had the rare privilege of have three different backstage tours during the event as well. These included Tomb Raider: The Ride, The Beast, as well as Son of Beast.

The Tomb Raider tour was very interesting. We had the pleasure of going into the three back rooms (facing The Beast) and seeing all of the awesome electronics that make Tomb Raider: The Ride possible. As far as The Beast and Son of Beast go, you'll just have to wait for our awesome photos to come up for that! Unfortunately, we were unallowed to take pics of Tomb Raider's backrooms for legal reasons, so you'll just have to wait until you can see it for yourself!

PKICentral.com would like to thank Jeff Putz, Kimberly Tanney, Maureen Boothe, Steve Boehmker, and of course the great Jeff Siebert for making Beastbuzz such an awesome experience!

Regards,

Ryan

I worked at Delirium from open-3:30, and answered a lot of coasterbuzz people's scavenger hunt questions. Chances are, if you asked a staff person a coasterbuzz scavenger hunt question at Delirium, you saw me.

Are you a guy or a girl? I got the answer from a nice lady working at the entrance/exit. :D

Nope, no announcement or hints.

I had a great time yesterday. It was also one of my best days at the park. Kinda cool how I was able to skip the line for SB:3D with m@ilman and stxbomber to figure out the answer for one of the hunt questions.

It was great to put a face with a name. Meeting RyanA, Zosobeast and Kim Taney was cool.

Overall, the best experience I've had at the park.

Jonah

I was on Dane, Ryan and m@ilman's team for the hunt! A total blast! One of my best days ever at the park! Dane and I ended up walking the entire length of the parking lot TWICE to answer a hunt question.

It was nice getting to meet alot of you that I have only spoken to online. Nice to put a face to the name.

The Beast tour was the highlight for me. Getting to see parts of the park I have never seen before was a real dream come true! And standing just a few feet away from SOB's loop was super sweet!

I also got to spend a good chunk of the day with "beastdude" whos father hooked me and "Fusiondude" up with a free slice of pizza! Thanks!

I would like to personally thank Dane and crew for giving me the wonderful chance of hanging out with them all day. You run a GREAT site and I thank you for all the little extra perks you guys gave me during the day! Now Ryan, if I can just find someway to edit those jokes so I can tell them at work tomorrow! :D

By the way, to the older guy who said "Wow! A roof!" as we were crossing over one of The Beast's tunnels, I am sorry to say, but you simply do not get "it"!

I threw about 80+ pics that I took from Beastbuzz online for you all to check out if you wish. Check them out here if you like.

Dane, I have some other photos headed your way as well.

Thanks again to all that were involved. Really, a super great day!

Bill

Zoso, Those are some awesome pictures! I just wish i was smart enough to of brought my camera yesterday too.. I left it at home unfortunately. I enjoyed having you in our group yesterday, and hopefully we can do something like that for PKIC Day which (hopefully) will be coming up soon!

m@ilman

It sounds like Beastbuzz was an awesome event. I had to miss it because my family came to town to meet my son. Believe it or not, some things in this world are actually more important to me than PKI.....but not very many. :D:P:lol:

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

Yeah, Beastbuzz was great. Got to meet alot of people from this site and others, as well as spend a day with PKI's excellent guest relations/marketing team. As for a new ride anouncement, Jeff asked us at the awards ceremony if we wanted to see a video of it, and everybody cheered, then he was like, "well, we're not going to, but keep watching your internet". It was fun.

As for a new ride anouncement, Jeff asked us at the awards ceremony if we wanted to see a video of it, and everybody cheered, then he was like, "well, we're not going to, but keep watching your internet". It was fun.

The crowd just went NUTS when we thought we were going to get an announcement. I was going crazy! But then was soon brought back down to earth when he shot us all down! Soon enough I guess.

Hey Beastdude, if you look at my first few pics, you will see your dad and yourself going into The Beast line! That was done all by luck! I didnt even meet you yet at this time! Crazy!!

Nice pics! Nice to few the day from someone elses digital eye. The dude that is with Dane in that pic is Ryan. (snaps fingers, DARN, was hoping it was me)

I am in a few of the pics including this one. I am in the 2nd row looking at the "Pen Lady" AKA "The Lady With The Pens"

Your pic of the pins falling onto the ground is "priceless"....get it? Priceless? I'll be here all week! Be sure to tip your waitress!

Those are accually structure cables from the last helix on The Beast. Sorry to bust your bubble guys.

My photos are not done yet because I spent the day at Boomerang Bay today and had no time. I accually fell asleep in line for Tazzy because of my lack of sleep.

I'm going to work on them now and see what I can get done. I only have 246 photos I took! :)

A girl gave me the number at Delirium real nice came up to me and asked me if i was looking for the serial number. She had it written on her hand

That person would be me. I also told a guy on the crew before I left for break to write the number on his hand. :lol: I really do enjoy the attention every employee gets from the coasterbuzz people.

cool! I remember seeing you now a few times haha. I'll ahve those on a proper page tomorrow, so they're easier to look at. :)

(If you saw someone balancing a Coke bottle, a water bottle, a camera and a camcorder on The Beast tour, that was me :P

I saw someone trying to balance a digital camera but i dunno if that was u though

:thumbsup: On behalf of the whole PKI PR team, thanks again to all those who attended the 3rd Annual BeastBuzz Event. As you know, this was by far the largest one to date.

We are happy to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves because we also, had a great day hosting the event. Hope to see you all again next year!

Kimberly Taney (not Tanney) & Sadistic Steve Boehmker